Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 20 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Max Caputi Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 20 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Fabio Grippa Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 am

Hi all, few impression about AC below:

- Low FPS with Pentium D 2.8GH, 2Gb ram, Nvidia GT 240 1GB, even by using low set-up --> I'll change my pc!
    - Finally the steering wheel get softer by exceeding ideal slip angle (by rotating too much the steering wheel). It is easier to get the limit of the car
    - Oversteer strange to control, there is always a sort of pendulum. Maybe the problem is the my steering wheel (Driving force GT), which is too slow in returning in the neutral position.
    - Seat position not comfortable to me: I would stay more close to the steering wheel and a bit higher. Is there the chance to change these parameters?
    - I cannot feel very well the car, the racing feeling is not much different from Nk pro...maybe just time to get used with the new simulator.
    - My peronal view about the cars: too much road car and just few racing car. It make more sense to simulate a racing car in a simulator...this s just my personal view.

I've read a lot of enthusiastic opinion so far, maybe my expectation was too high, but I am a bit (just a bit) disappointed (I'm talking about driving experience, not the graphic which is years of distance from NK pro).

See you on track soon!

Fabio
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 am

Fabio, la gestione della frizione è stupenda: si guida come le macchine di tutti i giorni ne più ne meno! Col dfgt naturalmente ti perdi questo particolare, poi più fps più feeling, oggi dopo aver girato con AC ho rimesso netkar a Magione (Boni senza laser scan ha fatto un lavorone..) con la 500 e bhè, sembrava di paragonare netkar con Gp2 e non parlo di grafica. Ho infine testato il ffb tra i soliti valori usati con netkar (100 0 0 e 900) contro quelli di Aris (100 100 100 900), devo dire che con quelli di Aris le sensazioni sul volante somigliano di più alle auto di serie, indi sento meglio la macchina. Detto questo, Fabio io spero che tra le licenze Ferrari ci sia una F1 moderna, meglio non esagerare troppo con tutte ste road car.

Con l'aiuto di google:
    Fabio, the management of the clutch is wonderful: it drives like the cars every day no more and no less! With dfgt, of course, you miss this detail, then more fps more feeling, today after some laps with AC I put netKar at Magione (Boni without laser scan did a great job..) with the 500 and well, seemed to compare netkar vs Gp2 and I'm not talking about graphics. I finally tested the ffb between the usual values ​​used with netKar (100 0 0 and 900) vs Aris settings (100100100900), I must say that with the Aris settings I feel on the steering wheel more closely resemble to the production cars, so I feel better the car. That said, I hope like you Fabio that between the Ferrari's licenses there is a modern F1 (post 2000), better not to exaggerate too much with all these road car.

Last edited by Antonio Lallo on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 am

One main positive aspect of AC for me btw. is that this kind of "driving-a-boat-all the time-feeling" that NKPro was about gladly now has vanished with AC. Tire feel and general feel is much more real now.
    Still have to try out other cars though of course, to be more certain about that.
    In NKPro all cars felt this certain kind of sticky (I mean not in the matter of too much grip, just this a little bit of strange feeling of driving through sticky glue all the time in NKPro) on the track all the time, which I did not like so well. But now in AC this seems to be gone -gladly-, because of a better, more refined physics and tire engine.

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I have the following problem when I use the clutch unless I press all the way down does not take the ride. but if you want you can 'use the change to h without using the clutch?
    X.Clock
    Driver
    Driver

Post by X.Clock Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Attilio Barba wrote:I have the following problem when I use the clutch unless I press all the way down does not take the ride. but if you want you can 'use the change to h without using the clutch?

Maybe you have to inver the axis in controllers.
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

X.Clock wrote:
    Attilio Barba wrote:I have the following problem when I use the clutch unless I press all the way down does not take the ride. but if you want you can 'use the change to h without using the clutch?

Maybe you have to inver the axis in controllers.
    y
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Ieri mi è venuto un dubbio che vi pongo, a vostro parere un domani tramite il sistema delle app qualcuno saprà (se si può) realizzarne una simil player mp3 per sentire la musica in car? Sò che è una stupidata, ma quando si gira soli male non farebbe. lol!

Yesterday I had a question that I ask you, in your view some day we can archive an app (if in Ac is possible) like mp3 player for listening the music in car? I know it is a stupid, but when you turn alone that will be cool. lol!
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Suspension-work and weight shifting really fascinated me in the TechDemo, so I did this small montage!
    Enjoy and feel free to share it! Smile
    Jamie Shorting
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jamie Shorting Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 am

The car is very understeary when on throttle.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 am

Yes, I think this is normal, because it is a rear-wheel drive car. So it pushes the front axis to understeer when on throttle.
    In the first corner I often accelereate too early or too much and get into some understeering in the end of the corner section, so you can't drive like being on full throttle all the time after the apex / you have to drive more precise lines then it's ok.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 am

Nice video from BSNismo with a good 1:22:974 lap.

You can also hear the nice new sounds created by Attilio Barba.
    You can download them here. There are two versions: quiet and aggressive. The one in this video is the quiet. Well done Attilio. cheers
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 20 67322
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 pm

question, how do open the *. dds to the skin?
    I downloaded the dds plug-in photoshop from the Nvidia website, but I did not open.

....I was able to open and edit the paint, but how safe?

Last edited by Attilio Barba on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Not sure but I think it is possible in Gimp
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 am

After many laps this performance drop-down -descriped before in a previous posting from me- happened once again, no idea why this occurs (maybe too less ram to save the replaydata while driving, because I'm using just Win7 32bit, so less than 4GB main memory are available in total, don't now..).

Still can't drive with using all the needed pedals, can't brake well with the right and then switch the foot over to the gas again on time properly..
    and when pressing the clutch+brake at once I lose the rear and spin around, because the clutch (motorbrake) gets its grip back too late this way, too late when already being in the corner.. -where the gearshift should normally be done already-, so that does not work for me also.

Found some unfinished physics when not on the tires and turning the car onto its roof (yes I managed once when driving -without braking- towards the track barrier): Once the car is on its roof,
    it moves endlessly like being on ice, makes endless 360° turns on the roof without slowing down -regarding both: the sideways sliding/moving speed of the car and either the spinning speed-,
    because no grip is generated between roof and track surface/gravel by the phyiscs when the car is moving on its roof.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 am

Hmm, if I just could downshift without the need of the clutch, like this german guy does [1:21.942], my problem would be solved Wink.
    How is it possible, that he does not need to press the clutch at downshift ?? Upshifting looks normal though.

Edi
    t: Ah, I realised how he does, you just must be in neutral (N) before downshift -this is just to let the revs decrease quickly-, than you can throw in the gear without clutch, when a certain (low-middle) revs-level has reached, like he does.
    -Hopefully (for me) this method will stay without gear-box damage in the final version, because any other method of downshift + use of cluch (as long you're not an alien with real three legs Wink) is difficult to manage in a save way.-

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Marco you are absolutely right
    into the app, i dont see ,signal use of the clutch, when go down.
    and it seems quite strange that. in first time i dont see blip sincronization.. but it all right .-)

Last edited by f.gek on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Vincent Buccarello wrote:Not sure but I think it is possible in Gimp
    works this is the link of the plugin
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

I was able to open and edit the paint, but how safe?

if someone explains it to me even in my favorite Italian Very Happy
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:17 pm

f.gek wrote:Marco you are absolutely right
    into the app, i dont see ,signal use of the clutch, when go down.
    and it seems quite strange that

At first I thought he 'cheats' or whatever, but as I explained in the 'Edit:..' and tried by myself it really works like that, everything correct there with that lap.
    Just leave H-shifter in neutral for a moment and then change to the gear when in downshift, not always directly but sooner or later the gear plugs in. There is some revs-margin the car still shifts into the gear this way even without clutch.
    There is also s.th. written about that in the FAQ of AC TP I read when I first installed AC TP, this margin will get less in final version possibly or some gear-box damage will happen when done too often in the final version, (but I would prefer it this way, like it is now -with still some possibility for downshifting without clutch, so that you can manage your brake+gas at once when downshifting- and no damage of gearbox in final version or at least not so easily a damage to happen..., because its easier for the general people, the rest of the driving is demanding enough Wink).
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Isn't it the syncronization of the gearbox ?
    You can also upshift without the clutch but you have to find the right RPM what makes it useless because it takes more time
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 pm

That's right, (though I don't know exactly why this is called 'syncronisation'). At some certain revs it allows you to shift without clutch, s.th. like that is written in the FAQ also.
    When upshifting it does not make any sence shifting this way (slower as you said and not save that it always works), when just accelerating and upshifting you have your left foot not in use and so free to do this (press the clutch) job. Unless you have to brake+downshift then you get in some trouble with managing your feet (the need to go away from the gas with your right foot to brake, but then having no foot left on the gas, which is the problem..), in that's the situation where I like this possibility of downshifting this way, so you can still stay on the gas quick and save.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Assetto CorsaNew build 0.9.8!
    The latest build, amongst other things, improves some graphics features, guarantees a better compatibility with old control devices and adds 18 official Lotus liveries. More information about the changes of this version are available on the change log.

Here is the official page

RSR download Mirror
    CHANGELOG 0.9.8
    Ingame
    Fixed DirectInput controls not getting initialized on lost focus
    Fixed double bound on Cubemap render target
    Optimizations on motion blur
    Optimizations on cube maps depth buffer
    Fixed camera exposure on F5 view after first start
    Fixed spikes strings to a more readable format
    Reduce steer damper
    Added 100Hz cap to FF sends to avoid problems with some steering wheels
    Fixed steer lock management for wheels with <900 degs rotations
    Fixed division by zero with uncalibrated controls
    Improved car reflections
    Improved light glass reflections
    Improved instruments texture
    Improved exposure value for external views
    Improved exposure value for F5 view
    Improved tarmac texture of Magione Circuit
    Corrected rear brake lights. Only inner lights light up.
    Fixed minor issue on 3D model. Closed hole on front bonnet.
    User Interface
    Corrections on the controls options
    Fixed issues with a wide range of controllers
    Fixed various typo errors
    You can assign any analog function to any axis (i.e. braking on clutch and clutch on the middle pedal)
    Improved screen resolution selection
    You can now lock steering wheel movement in cockpit view
    You can now eliminate the driver arms in cockpit view
    Fixed issue with firewall program that locked AssettoCorsa.exe
    Added skin selection button template in .psd in the skins folder.
    Added skin selection
    Authentic Lotus cars ltd colours available as skin selection

Ardent Red
    Artic Silver
    Aspen White
    Autumn Bronze
    Canyon Red
    Carbon Grey
    Chrome Orange
    Graphite Grey
    Motorsport Green
    Nightfall Blue
    Racing Green
    Racing Green Stripe
    Sienna Brown
    Solar Yellow
    Starlight Black
    Isotope Green
    Laser Blue
    Sound
    wind sample corrected
    Known bug: Slowdowns on some PC configurations are not address yet, please contact us on the support forums for specific tests www.assettocorsa.net/forum
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 pm

bounce new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 20 67322
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Cool, will try it out later. I try to find out 'when' this slowdown occurs (after many laps). Maybe it has s.th. to do with the morphing of the daytime: When it gets visible/light-changing happens on screen -after many laps, I start at 14pm..- the slowdown seems to begin in the same moment and each time gets worse a little bit more when a follwing day-light change appears, but I'm not certain about if the reason for that really is located there.

Btw.: What do the 'spikes' stand for ?

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm