Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 19 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Piers Structures Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 am

Hello all. Nice to see AC tech preview released - looks quite good so far although judging by the early hotlap times I'm going to need a lot of practice.

Apologies for dropping out of the community without much of a word. I moved house last January and that caused a huge upheaval. I've only recently rescued my G27 from a box but it may well go back into one as work will soon start on the house and turn my 'office' into a building site. Apologies specifically to Andrea and RSR - I undertook to look at the code for the site and life conspired against that, sorry. I'm hoping that somehow I'll be able to join you all for some racing when the full AC is released - fingers crossed (and that it won't be because the release happens after the building work is complete!).
    Mark Schilling
    Mark Schilling
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 19 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Mark Schilling Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm

M Waechter wrote:Wow, with Crossfire 2xGTX 670 you should indeed get a better performance (beside those micro-stuttering that still is normal with crossfire), try to 'switch off' one of those, maybe it gets better with just one card running for itself Wink. [Maybe try to set "always prefer max. performance" to "yes" via the Nvidia inspector tool, just as an idea, don't think that this is the main problem at your sys.

I don't get any microstutter with SLI. Haven't tried disabling a card yet, might do later today.
    Already got it on max performance Smile
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:21 pm

M Waechter wrote:So, even by just decreasing the shadow resolutions to medium, the FPS increases quite 'a lot', try that out if you want to improve your FPS performance !
    Yeah, the FFB's a lot better with higher FPS (going from 50-60ish). I don't seem to be getting much more from turning other settings down. At very low shadow res' I'm getting 70, with everything else down to minimum I'm getting 73 Very Happy
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm

baby piqure attention of recall:faire definitely that the vertical synchronization in the simu and in the control panel of Nvidia, is deactivated well!!! in the panel NVidia put it on ' gerer by application 'Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Piers Structures wrote:Hello all. Nice to see AC tech preview released - looks quite good so far although judging by the early hotlap times I'm going to need a lot of practice.

Apologies for dropping out of the community without much of a word. I moved house last January and that caused a huge upheaval. I've only recently rescued my G27 from a box but it may well go back into one as work will soon start on the house and turn my 'office' into a building site. Apologies specifically to Andrea and RSR - I undertook to look at the code for the site and life conspired against that, sorry. I'm hoping that somehow I'll be able to join you all for some racing when the full AC is released - fingers crossed (and that it won't be because the release happens after the building work is complete!).
    Very nice to see you back here Piers. No need for apologies. I'm really glad to hear from you again. Best of luck with you building work.
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 pm

SMAA

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 19 Screen10

NoAA
    new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 19 Screen11

2xAA

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 19 Screen12

Ragazzi ecco 2 veloci screen di comparazione usando lo SMAA che avevo già provato con netkar, mi ha fatto guadagnare 4-5 fps medi al secondo rispetto al semplice AA2x con risultati paragonabili. Rispetto al Fxaa implementato nel gioco questo non blurra tutta l'immagine, quindi provatelo se volete avere questo extra bonus di fps. I setting che uso: 1920*1080 AF 16x shadow high hdr on motion blur 2x cube low 2x. Sorry for the english reader.
    PS ho visto che gli screen sono molto piccoli, cmq noAA 60 fps SMAA 56fps AA2x 53. Notate dallo specchietto comunque i risultati dell'AA.

Last edited by Antonio Lallo on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks for posting, Antonio. I restructured your post with the img bbcode to show your message, and moved up the desciptions, put in bold. Please check if it's ok.
    Code:

to add images
    [img]your image url[/img]

to have bold test
    [b]your text[/b]
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Sono davero Niubbo con i forum..edit risolto, grazie!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 pm

come si setta lo SMAA? EDIT. Trovato What a Face

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Antonio Lallo wrote:SMAA

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 19 Screen10

For the English speakers, Antonio tried to use this plugin to use SMAA, that he already tried for nk also for AC. Results are comparable with AA, with even slightly better FPS.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:00 pm

SRT First look
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Wally Masterson found a nice hidden feature:

Time lapse hidden in Assetto Corsa technology preview.

Edit race.ini and increase TIME_MULT (this was x960).

Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 pm

only for guys rsr, but try not send it around and say what you think.
    I put on the forum AC 2 video the real one and my

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/first-mod-sound.322/

this is the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?9p2wes5rniu20f6
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Antonio Lallo wrote:SMAA

For the English speakers, Antonio tried to use this plugin to use SMAA, that he already tried for nk also for AC. Results are comparable with AA, with even slightly better FPS.
    info
    may be incompatible with overlays (Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, Fraps, ...)
    I have all....
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Attilio Barba wrote:

only for guys rsr, but try not send it around and say what you think.
    I put on the forum AC 2 video the real one and my

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/first-mod-sound.322/

this is the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/?9p2wes5rniu20f6

nn so io ho solo due casse e lo trovo poco da strada MOLTO da corsa...
    mi sembra un po inreale visto la little lotus

ma e solo il primo........

Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm

mi sono basato sui video che mi hanno postato sul forum di AC
    facciamo cosi', metti su un video di come ti piacerebbe, cercherò di farlo simile.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:41 am

Is it correct that the auto-clutch does not work, it makes no difference if it is switched on or off (with sequencial shifting it is probably always on) and with H-shifter you can't change gears even with auto-clutch 'on'.., you need to use the clutch pedal to do that (which is difficult, because I don't have three legs Wink, I like to be onto/near the gas+brake pedal all the time).
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 am

well this is the thing about road cars..but everybody has to deal with this problem..
    but for example on the last three corners you only use 2nd gear, there you can easily brake with the left foot
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am

Still haven't tried driving with the use of the clutch pedal, but this seems to get very difficult maybe. I know they want to make this as real as possible, but I just hope it doesn't separate drivers in two groups: some who can use clutch pedal well and so being faster becasue of a quicker gear-change and others that can't cope with it.

--

Today I get crashes while driving, freeze and than black screen. Still testing a bit around, if it is maybe a problem of my graphic card (because of some overclock values) or if just the AC preview may still not run stable.
    / Edit: No, AC preview software seems to be stable. It was just a graphic card faliure of my card, which lead to some crashes: My card just crashes on demanding 3D games/benchmarks after some running,
    even on its org. factory clock and voltage settings.
    But now, when I run it at its factory OC clock values and just add some little more voltage (1,050V instead 1,012V), it finally stays stable.

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:07 am; edited 4 times in total
    X.Clock
    Driver
    Driver

Post by X.Clock Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:51 am

M Waechter wrote:Still haven't tried driving with the use of the clutch pedal, but this seems to get very difficult maybe. I know they want to make this as real as possible, but I just hope it doesn't separate drivers in two groups: some who can use clutch pedal well and so being faster becasue of a quicker gear-change and others that can't cope with it.

--

Today I get crashes while driving, freeze and than black screen. Still testing a bit around, if it is maybe a problem of my graphic card (because of some overclock values) or if just the AC preview may still not run stable.

Dont worry for the clutch is so easy to drive with clutch and H shifter...the game give so much gap to push the clutch when you change gears with the H shifter..

The only thing that i found about it, is that you could clutch and de-clutch as fast as a lightning (and the game still make it slower, and i heard like the clutch is slipering after you have release the clutch)

I always run with that and as you can see the times are not so much slower...

The only thing that you have to learn a little is braking and throtle with right foot, and after that learning some heel and toe (when downshifting) but not needed on that car...

Best regards Clock

Last edited by X.Clock on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

I've been trying to use the clutch for a long time, without really being able to use it effectively. I was always way too slow when I tried, I kept on doing a lot of mistakes and I couldn't use heel & toe correctly. When I bought the racing rig I understood that the real problem wasn't me but the position I was using while driving. Before I used to drive with a normal chair, with pedals just laying on the ground. I always find very unconfortable and not natural to drive with the clutch in that position. Since with nk wasn't a big deal no using the clutch (that I used only to start from the grid), I never felt that this was an issue for me.

From the very first time I tried to use the clutch while driving using my new racing rig (gtomegaracing evo), everything changed. it was all absolutely natural and didn't take much to start using clutch and heel & toe effectively. Now I really can't drive without using the 3 pedals. So much fun and immersion.

So bottom line, your driving position is the key. Spend some time trying to create a small support for your pedals, or get a proper racing rig. It makes so much difference.
    Now that with AC it really makes the difference if you don't drive with the clutch, we all have a good excuse to finally improve our techniques.
    Try it a bit more. You won't regret it!
    Good luck
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:07 am

My personal problem is: I don't use the middle pedal at the G25 for braking anymore, because the spring in there is too heavy for me after a while*, so I use the left (clutch-pedal) for braking (it's more soft), that makes everything even more complicated Wink. I could try to open my pedal equipment and replace the middle spring with a more soft clutch or gas pedal sprin of another G25 set, but not yet, maybe one day.

*but when using the right foot to brake (instead of the left feet, when no clutch was needed -in NKPro-), it may not feel too heavy. I'll see.. .
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:19 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:From the very first time I tried to use the clutch while driving using my new racing rig (gtomegaracing evo), everything changed. it was all absolutely natural and didn't take much to start using clutch and heel & toe effectively. Now I really can't drive without using the 3 pedals. So much fun and immersion.

That's indeed a quite nice racing rig (it's seat looks like being of a good quality + comfortable). I already though about that rig, to get everything in a better racing position and especially my body (to lean my back on s.th. in a right position), but I need to save some money first, it is a bit 'complicated' at the moment, just no € left for anything like hobbys atm.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 am

Two very small issues I noticed ('bugreport'):
    Sometimes I recognized a little FPS-drop (like from 120-130FPS to 80-90 FPS for instance) after 4-6 laps + driving through gravel more than usual Wink.
    So, performance, -especially on lower FPS sections of the track-, drops a bit even when driving normally and staying on track aferwards the frame-drop happened. It doesn't get worse and worse at least, it stays on that same lower level.
    [My graphic card is not clocking down when this happens, it stays correctly at the same speed internaly all the time, doesn't have on of those 'childish' new turbo boost features Wink. So such thing can be sorted out, it's not the reason for that happening.]
    -To get the 3D engine to its normal performance again, I need to exit to the game-menue and load a new session. 'Back to Pits' or 'Restart Session' is not enough, the engine, etc. needs to be loaded again to get the usual FPS performance back.
    Maybe some Ram-buffer running a bit too full or s.th. like that (not really I guess, just as an idea to explain what it feels like), but I could not repeat it by will, so it does not happen always. When I drive clean on track for many laps the performance keeps stable, so it maybe seems just to happen at some certain point or amount when driving a lot through dirt Wink.

The other thing is quite unimportant: I could not re-assign clutch and brake pedal in some certain circumstances [when you try to change/'switch' for e.g. the clutch and brake pedals more then once = getting to some point as "waiting for input" isn't reacting/assigning axis on any G25 pedal movement anymore], even when clicking on 'clear' for both axis.. .
    It wasn't reacting on any pedal input [pedal movement on the left bottom of the screen is still reacting correctly, but just not the assigning/no assinging is happening anymore..], only the Joypad axis of a second plugged in device it still recognized/assigned as normal.
    But that's all not a big deal.., because when restarting AC everything was working again: "waiting for input" was reacting on my pedal movement and assigning it as it should be,
    -so not a big deal/issue: A restart of the AC preview and re-assiging axis works again. [Edit: It works now correctly with the v0.9.8 update]

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 am

Tried to drive with clutch pedal, not easy, since I did not tired driving with clutch before.. .
    Braking with the right foot is not an option for me, because I need to be on the gas while braking quickly for stabiliseing the car. So I try to do clutch+brake with the left foot, by pressing both pedals at once when a gearchange is needed while braking. Still needs more practice, sometimes I slip away from one pedal, if the foot is not quite perfectly between both pedals, not save enough still.

Also the brake-spring at the G25 is far too stiff for me as I mentioned already above -and also too less 'lively' because of that-, especially getting too heavy when pressing clutch and brake at once.
    Gas and clutch spring stiffness I find perfectly matched though. I read about other comments in the net, who think the same about the brake-spring.
    So I plan to replace the brake-spring with another 'clutch-spring' out of my other [also used bought] G25 pedal set [Edit: done that now].

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm