Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 11 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by laurent resende Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm

mirror for those who have known him Grand Prix Legend, which for me remains with NetKar one of the greatest trainer, was also in these options aid has conduct, which facilitated the approach of cars, but when they were activated, lol, could not be a good time!It was really impossible to go very quickly! for this he needed everything ,but all disable!

in hoping that Asseto Corsa will benefit from the same possibility! Very Happy
    Raúl Expósito
    Raúl Expósito
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 11 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Raúl Expósito Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Drift
    Olivier Boissel
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Olivier Boissel Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:15 pm

laurent resende wrote: mirror for those who have known him Grand Prix Legend, which for me remains with NetKar one of the greatest trainer, was also in these options aid has conduct, which facilitated the approach of cars, but when they were activated, lol, could not be a good time!It was really impossible to go very quickly! for this he needed everything ,but all disable!

in hoping that Asseto Corsa will benefit from the same possibility! Very Happy

Hi.

This is exactly what I said on a french forum about driving aids.

I aslo said thaht I think I will touch like I've been when "Grand Prix Legends" arrived in the simracing world.

Since I look on you tube the videos fron Gamescom, I am very very very exited mirror can't really wait to try this !!

I really hope we could has it could be possible for NKPro, the opportunity to have the privilege to test AC before the release date.

They made an impressive work ::ehhh:: and I hope the will have a really great success on it.

See you soon all on Ac track Wink
    Raúl Expósito
    Raúl Expósito
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Raúl Expósito Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:56 pm

nordschleife
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 am

I noticed a light time delay between the movement involved driving and driving a screen (latency) reaction time is shifted
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 am

Don't worry about that. It's just an effect due to how the video is recorded. there is no steering input lag if you will see it live.
    we had the same effect when we recorder with the iphone.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 am

I also think there will be no intput lag, it is such a basic thing.. to be right, Kunos will not screw that up. In that last video, the graphic card is maybe just run with v-sync on, turning that on I have picture lag in NK too, because of just the graphic card is delivering the picture later because it's 'waiting' to create a v-sync picture that is put then a bit later on the screen/monitor.
    In one of the other videos Andrea posted at 8am there is nearly none input lag.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Don't worry about that. It's just an effect due to how the video is recorded. there is no steering input lag if you will see it live.
    we had the same effect when we recorder with the iphone.

Thanks Andrea, display this reassures me, because it is a defect which is part of many others on C.A.R.S relating to the management of the controllers !!!!!! cannot properly resolve its controller!What is a height for a car simulator
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 am

Raúl Expósito wrote:
    Drift

and interesting comment from Aris:
    Aristotelis Vasilakos wrote:
    I'm the one drifting guys and I can confirm that nobody has yet managed to actually drift the car in gamescon. Some power drifts have been able, but no actual drifts. Also Marco and Stefano do not manage to drift like that at all. You need to know the technique. If you know what you're doing, it's easy and natural. If you don't know, it just won't work.

The car is also setup for drift like this:
    - Normal physics, no "special mode"
    - street normal tyre, NO "special" tyres at all.
    - Stiffer suspension and a bit oversteery (not too much)
    - 200kg less weight from the street car
    - drift car steering rack with around 50-55 degrees

That's all.

For Gamescon the grass grip has been raised a bit, so that's why you can see me not totally spin when I touched the grass. That won't be the case on the final release, it's only for the show.
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Norschleife coming Very Happy (00:54)
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:50 am

One more review from a guy that tried AC at Gamescom, and a new video with Aris...at work.
    I'm always amazed on how simple drifting it seems to be, when Aris is on the wheel.

Dennis Schuldt on iRacing forum wrote:here is a far more interesting video from the drift mode...

Nigel Morrison wrote:
    Bram Hengeveld wrote:We were amongst the lucky few to give AC a proper test yesterday before the masses came in today at Gamescom. Here is RaceDepartment's Assetto Corsa Hands On: http://www.racedepartment.com/2012/08/gamescom-assetto-corsa-hands-on/

Hi Bram, how did the feeling of AC compare to iRacing and GSC?

I am not Bram Wink but I can compare it a bit to iRacing since I was at Gamescon on Thursday and tried the pre alpha.
    To make it short if you like netkarPRO than you won't be dissapointed with this, it feels great (atleast in my opinion Wink). I did one race with the BMW Z4 M in Monza and one thing which I really loved was how you can "attack" over the curbs (which is pretty unpredictable for me in iRacing *cough*), it was so much fun to "cut" those chicanes especially if the car was unstable on the exit. And you could actually catch those slides which made me grin from ear to ear :mrgreen:, it was so much fun.

I talked to the guys before my race and since I said that I am a sim racer they told me that they made the game a bit "easier" to drive so that everybody has a chance to actually get some laps in without much hassle. The car setup was on the safe "easy" to drive side and the grip level offtrack was increased so that you don't spin so easy. And that's exaclty what you see on the videos, so I expect that to be a lot more "sim like" with the first release.

But the overall feeling is really nice, the FFB feels great. It's hard to say which FFB is better, if I had to choose I'd probably say AC. But to be honest I can't really tell after a couple of laps.

Short impression of the sound, can't say much about it since it was quite loud in the hall but anyway what I really liked was the crackling/rattling sound under braking/downshifting, I can't wait to hear that in all it's glory at home Wink.

I drove the triple monitor rig with the CSW + formula rim. I didn't ask them what pc was running the game but it appeared that it was not a pc with the highest specs. There was some stuttering in corners + a bit tearing, especially going into T1 in Monza.
    There were also some glitches with shadows, mirrors weren't working yet (only one virtual). But to be honest since it was pre-alpha (or alpha/beta whatever you want to call it) I wouldn't really worry much about it and for what it is it looks awesome... I am sure they will fix those little things! It was really nice to get a first impression though and that was what it was all about!

Adrian Judge wrote:Can someone ask them if it has motion feed for motion rigs ????
    I didn't ask them but the Fanatec Motion Rig was working, I think they use a D-Box... Not sure if that helps but it is something Wink

Kenny Coughlan wrote:I'm still seeing the side monitors being badly stretched. No matter how good AC will be, I won't be able to enjoy it if they don't fix that. I hate it when I'm driving in a game without proper eyefinity compatibility and I keep missing apexes on tight corners because the warping is so disorientating.

I asked Aris about it and as the others already said it won't be included in the first release but it will come with later updates. They actually thought that they get two single screens rigs for the Gamecon but since they got the three monitor rig too they just made it work the best they could, wrong FOV, no bezel compensation etc... They know those issues and find it just as annoying as every other sim racer (said Aris) Wink . But they have a lot of other more important things to work on with the new dx11 graphics engine first.

I just read an article about AC and that states that Kunos has 8 people working full time on it as well as some external guys (whatever that means Wink)... Just to put that into perspective on what they actually do. And they already work on it for 2 years...

I don't remember if it was posted here but there will be a techdemo with one car and one track in September (middle or end of the month). They want to get some data on how their new graphics engine performs on many different systems so we all might get to try it pretty soon. They said that this will actually be pretty important for them. Release is still scheduled for late this year but they won't release it before they are happy with it. The plan is still to have free DLC (cars for example) after the release aswell as some additional content which you can buy.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:58 am

and another one

Roy Visser on Racedepartment forum wrote:I did my best today drifting (and think i succeeded ) in the short amount of time you get in the Demo (only 3 laps) But as a fan of drifting and someone who can spend lots of tires doing it, it immediatly felt natural and all my techniques worked perfectly! The laps and drifts werent perfect but i was able to string together corners on my first try, which resulted in big smiles and enthustiastic remarks by Aris and Marco. Drifting is not easy, especially in a new sim with new physics, but if the physics are like doing it in reallife in which you have some experience, and you use the same tricks in Assetto Corsa and they work, thats telling ALOT about how good the physics are.

I hope my friend who filmed it also has the audio from the guys looking and commenting, and i will try to upload a video today or tomorrow. Awesome meeting you guys and making me even more interested in the sim then i already was!

Also drove the Z4M on Monza, which felt just as natural in behaviour, driving it at a slower pace makes the car super easy to handle (as what you would expect from a racecar with slicks and heavy downforce) but when you are going near or over the edge it makes even more sense, the car starts to move and react more which needs fast steering corrections, and for the first time in a sim when braking hard you can feel the rear getting light and swervy (although this was mostly caused by the ABS kicking in, it felt like i expected). The car was setup very understeered so it was hard to determine the true limit of the car but i enjoyed every minute of it trying to catch the P4/5. Which was an AI car. AI is a big work in progress, and for most of us in online racing communites not interesting, but if they keep tweaking it it might be alot of fun using it as a training tool for online racing. The AI was nice and aggresive (bit to much at times in brakezones) but i like them more aggresive then being extremly cautious making for easy overtaking. Watching the AI race against each other showed more of the potential then racing against a human, so i'm quote optimistic about it.

For an early Alpha this is already an tremendous effort! And once again, awesome meeting and talking to you guys, thanks for your time and effort, this is a sim build by enthusiasts, and it shows in many many ways!

Aris wrote:
    Great driving by Roy today. He stepped in the sim and said "I'd like the drifting mode" and he was actually the first one to ask for it... so with a little doubt I asked "you're sure? you know how to drift?" and he said "yeah I do this in real life ecc ecc..."

and he did it just like a boss in his first time on a new sim with totally new wheel and pedals and on a situation as the gamescom, full of noise and distractions.
    Well done m8!
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 am

a very big thank you has you Andrea, for the publication of all these very articles informative! cheers
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 am

a question! have you info about the system of management and operation of the servers that will be used in AC (if as in NetKar, we can open our own server) thank Andrea
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 pm

cheers
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 am

Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano wrote:
    Buongiorno da Maranello chaps . This is going to be a supercool day.

René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 pm

I still have to write down my impressions, right? Smile
    I was able to be at GamesCom on pressday already, so I was able to try AC a lot. Smile
    Overall feeling: Great!
    The handling felt natural from the very first moment, the graphics are fine... Just awesome! Smile
    I like that GT cars are so much easier to drive now, it just feels more realistic, I also like that you can brake a lot later now.
    I was also able to talk to the guys a lot. Smile We joked around a bit and I got to know very much! Smile I also know some background now, and they also told me what the new contract is about! I won't tell, but you can really look forward to it! Wink

I also did some filming:
    This is Aris racing the AI at Monza with the BMW Z4 GT3.

And this is Aris drifting around Magione in the M3 E92.

Last edited by René Lorig on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 am

I'm really glad you tried Rene', and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed as well. Looking forward to have official news about the new contract. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:50 am

Funny thing about the contract: When they told me, they made me choose between two cars, because at this point the license will only allow one car (more to come later). I picked their favourite. Very Happy
    Oh, I'm so excited for AC to be released! Smile
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:07 am

ferrari f10 or f150 ? Very Happy
    f10 would be lovely Smile
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:48 am

Updated my post; videos are there now. It took sooo long for them to upload...
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 am

Vincent Buccarello wrote:ferrari f10 or f150 ? Very Happy
    f10 would be lovely Smile
    maybe!!!
    this image just appeared into their facebook account:
    looks like an F1 to me Smile I know a couple of guys that will be quite happy about it...

Evotek wheel and motion cockpit...interesting!

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 11 622524_513262692033387_895394774_o
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:21 pm

They are at the Evotek HQ I think:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.513260355366954.134760.305504559475869&type=3
    Wink

Evotek is using AC, but it's always a build which is about 4 months back... I think that's what Stefano told me.
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 pm

According to the Picture and the PZero's, it's probably the f150° Very Happy
    I hope with bit better Physics then in FVA

EDIT: Look at the Tires and RIMS!!!! unbelievable ! so many details
    Francesco Lerose
    Francesco Lerose
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Francesco Lerose Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:14 pm

eccomi ritornato dopo una lunga assenza....purtroppo problemi personali mi tengono lontano...piccolo O.T....cmq da quanto letto in giro il software a disposizione della evotek dovrebbe essere un "prototipo"di assetto corsa...pero le immagini fanno sperare... Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 pm