Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+8
Matt Dawson
Maarten Steverink
Edd Ward
Felice Iannantuoni
Mark Breslin
Ivan_Buranovsky
Fabio Grippa
Andrea Lojelo
12 posters

20 Jun 2013: Crema

Matt Dawson
    Driver
    Driver

20 Jun 2013: Crema - Page 2 Empty Re: 20 Jun 2013: Crema

Post by Matt Dawson Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Nope I don't at the moment, but you added them to the skin pack right? So when I download that I'll be able to use them Smile
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:12 pm

True, true. I thought maybe you wanted to share a helmet or something. Smile
    Matt Dawson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Matt Dawson Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:15 pm

I never even thought about my helmet lol Razz

Just make sure you pull your weight in this team okay? Wink
    Felice Iannantuoni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Felice Iannantuoni Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Scusatemi ma questa sera non riesco a essere presente.
    Spero sia il topic giusto per avvertire.
    In bocca al lupo a tutti e ci vediamo alla prossima
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 pm

mi dispiace. sara' per la prossima gara. grazie per aver aggiornato anche l'allocazione.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Here is the skinpack v1.0
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 am

results are up
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:40 am

Really great fun yesterday. I really enjoyed those races. A very well balanced grid, with a lot of drivers in the middle of the group with similar performance.
    I started 10th on the grid, having done my PB at the last lap of the qualification.
    Race 1, every one started with the right mind set: all cars very close, but great respect between drivers. Very smooth 1st lap. Well done to all of you. In the first laps I had great fun with Maurizio, Mark and Matt. all very close for few laps. I felt like it was a real life race. Not that I've ever been in one, but that was the feeling. Smile Everyone was giving just enough space, and we kept on battling at few inches for few laps. Great fun. Unfortunately I lost a lot of time for an accident with Marco. In end of the main straight I managed get the inside of Matt (if I recall correctly), but when we were side by side on the first corner, I saw with the back of my eyes, that Marco was a bit long on the braking, and also tried to go in the inside...3 wide Smile ...well, I think you know how it end up. Luckily my car wasn't too damaged but I lost some time. I tried to come back on Marco, cracking on the few last laps remaining, but I was too far. I finished at a couple of seconds from him.

Very happy for the race anyway.

Race2: one more race with great battles. This time with Fulvio, Antonio and Mark. Few laps of close battles with some nice overtakes. I had a nice one on Antonio, getting then really closer to Fulvio, but unfortunately also too close to the wall on the chicane::doh::. Result: broken suspension, and I think someone else (I think Antonio), got kicked by my car. Sorry for my mistake.
    I had to pit, and unfortunately I couldn't change strategy. I needed 1-2 more laps of fuel more.
    I decided to crack on, and did a good series of good laps close to my qualifying laptime. Good enough to gain some position after the pit, but just not enough to get Marco, that once more, finished few seconds in front of me, despite my good come back.

Thanks everyone for the nice races. Great great fun. Looking forward to the next one.
    Great to be back to official races. I was really missing them. It's always great to have some proper races with nkpro:drive:
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 am

and here is the Group A replay
    Olivier Boissel
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Olivier Boissel Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi all.

Great to meet all of you on track guys.

The evening was a real disaster for me, no time for training so .....

I don't know if I will be here for the second event, I will do my best for the others races.

Thanks all about the great fair play of all the drivers during the race and thanks to RSR for those events.

See you.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 pm

:DHi RSR!

sorry not to have participated in your race, but busy schedule! I also miss the next, but all so I can not drive the F1600, by cons I attend the races and FTarget F2000, which will give me the ocasion to use with my old friends and companions of my early RSR on netKar

Bravo for this organization open wheel Andrea initiative! Bravo!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:..when we were side by side on the first corner, I saw with the back of my eyes, that Marco was a bit long on the braking, and also tried to go in the inside...3 wide Smile ...well, I think you know how it end up. Luckily my car wasn't too damaged but I lost some time. I tried to come back on Marco, cracking on the few last laps remaining, but I was too far. I finished at a couple of seconds from him.. .

Three cars side by side, a bit too optimistic :)from me, but I had more speed (needed to brake a little bit on straight to not contact both cars rear), so I decided to do s.th. like that quite early. The main problem was (not really that I started to slow down too late) that I also had not much space on the left beside your car and so I went a little bit over the inner curb on t1 while braking.., which let the front "jump" a bit or losing front tire grip for an important moment. This (and setup, hard front fast rebound) let me need kind of 3/4 of the corner asphalt for myself unfortunately, while I was hoping to drive close to the inner side to let enough space.
    Basically my fault of course. Without doing s.th. here and there (as long as it is calculated), there would be at least no fun sometimes, in some nice situations.

On the start during the first lap of races it is often the opposite: Me being too polite('sensible') and many cars behind taking advantage overtaking me, in situations when I slow down to not touch a car in front and the cars behind me then coming still with high speed to pass my car. This was the case in first lap of r1 for example again.

Very nice races, the F1600 is much fun in a race, more than the F1800 and some other cars I would say.

---

Btw. @ all: I did record the whole event with Fraps live out my the real cockpit view ! I had the 'idea' to that before, because it will probably be one of the last NK seasons before AC, so why not record them live Smile.
    Not decided yet, if I'll upload that on yt or not, because some might be bothered to see thier name apear in a video.
    So could guys in group A maybe give some feedback to that, if it would bother someone or not ?

Would be not a big thing to upload such at first, because there will be at least not that much clicks to it anyway.

-

I don't recommend recording with fraps, it will not work (for me) on Imola and else, where more performance is needed.
    I had just 60 FPS locked (120 FPS when driving alone without or just 2-3 cars in practice) during the whole event. Not perfect for the speed-feel in certain corners & also feels a bit more 'viscous'/'sticky'-slow all the time.
    In lap 19 or 20 my PC began finally to struggle, directly after I went off on the gras with 2 wheels, while hunting Andrea on his quickest laps.
    That rec.-struggling was the main source of all, why I lost contact to Andrea & my last laps being not error free (and 'just' being 1m45 laptimes). Then I went off again on the gras in the turn afterwards, because picture almost freezed and so I finally switched off my fraps recording during the last 3-4 laps.. . Then Andrea had to pit one more time and I got through.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:20 pm

M Waechter wrote:Btw. @ all: I did record the whole event with Fraps live out my the real cockpit view ! I had the 'idea' to that before, because it will probably be one of the last NK seasons before AC, so why not record them live Smile.
    Not decided yet, if I'll upload that on yt or not, because some might be bothered to see thier name apear in a video.
    So could guys in group A maybe give some feedback to that, if it would bother someone or not ? 

That's nice! I wouldn't have any problem to see my name on the video. On the contrary I would be more than happy to see a video in which I'm racing.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:40 am

I've so much garbage (10+ laps at A1 with Gvb and else, quite boring in the end Wink) on my channel, it would be definately be an improvment 'for the channel' to have some real race-action shown in a video.
    Possible video lenght is 'unlimited' already, but the max. upload size is limited to 2 GB each video (I think), my current compressuion with h.264 is about 9 GB for the whole event + a little bonus stuff. So unfortunately I will need to split it up into three pieces (q, r1, r2) or compress more massively + making another smaller resolution format out of it (currently it is 960x540, this you get with half-size option in fraps when recording your org. 1920x1080 picture).
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    That's nice! I wouldn't have any problem to see my name on the video. On the contrary I would be more than happy to see a video in which I'm racing.

+1 Wink
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:47 pm

I had some great races! I had a blast in qualy, trying to get a good lap in! Managed to do a 1:41,7 early on, but after that i couldnt really improve. Fortunatly it wasnt needed, 'cause my lap was good enough for pole.

Race 1:
    My start wasn't good, and i had a fight with Luca O. for the first few turns. I stayed in front fortunatly, and i managed to pull away. I tried to increase the gap between the two of us, and after a lonely race i finished almost 7 seconds ahead.

Race 2:
    My start was even worse than in race 1, and Luca passed me on the outside of T1 (great move!!). But after a nice 3 lap fight, i managed to pass him in T1. My setup was based on traction, so even after outbraking Luca, i had a good exit off T1, and managed to stay in front. I had fuel for about 12 laps, so after 12 laps i had to make a pitstop. It all went fine, and i was still in front. Having set one of my fastest laps 5 laps before the first pitstop, i decided to take it a little easier after the stop, to make sure i didn't go off anywhere. Funnily enough that made me consistently faster, i was able to do consistent 41's now. I finished about 12 seconds ahead after 23 laps.

Thanks for racing all! I hope to be able to make the second race as well at Aosta! I'm loving this carrrrrr!

Maarten

p.s.,

No problem with my name in a video, would be cool to see Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Would be more interesting, if my video would show every action on track like a good race-brodcast, to put together s.th. like that. But it will just focus/show my cockpit-'action' and noones else' view.

I did now compile a version of 2,05 GB for the whole event (the parts I've stopped recording live due to the massive performance issue when recording from lap 19 onwards are replaced by the replay), with a resized picture from the org. rec. 960x540 resolution down to 640x360 resolution now and a quality level of  23 (default value) in h.264. -Less quality (bitrate) would perhaps be still 100% fine also.., since the resolution (640x360) is quite low now and so there's less picture-amount (less pixels per frame) to compress now, as it would be the case with a larger resolution.-

I roughly precalculated it before to get a bit below 2GB, but now it's still some MB above the possible limit of 2 GB for yt uploads, but anyway trying to upload it now. I'll see if it'll say "meh, video filesize too large in the very end (of course it will say this message only in the very end.. and not before when internally checking filezise at file-attaching first I guess cherry grrr)" or not. If so I'll just cut out some unimportant stuff out of that same compiled file to get s.th. below 2GB and upload again.

It'll take an eternity to finish such an upload, because my upload limit is about 60 KB/s, so you can imagine that uploading 2 GB takes a whole day or so.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Ok, the 2,05 GB amount were accepted. It just looks not as fluend as my original uploaded file, which was recorded and running at 60 Fps.., because youtube converts everything 'down' to 30 Fps, if the uploaded file isn't already at 30 Fps. Also some artefacts (can be seen at the sky for example) an blur due to youtube's compression. But not too bad at all, it is still quite well able to watch. [Choose max. 360p resolution in the yt player, for best quality -org. uploaded pic. size was at 360p vertical-.]

It can be found in Mika's old "New Youtube Channel" - thread in this forum here. There's one posting on page 1 (the last one on page 1), where I posted links to all of my NKPro video upoloads.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:57 pm

link?
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:00 pm

found it... you don't like to make things easy for us, don't you? Razz

1.) Qualification (15 Min.)
    2.) [@19:15]: Race 1 (9 laps)
    3.) [@40:45, @1:05:25 at Pit Stop]: Race 2 (23 laps)

M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Just only don't like to post my yt channel on public forums. The only reason why I left the way to find it a bit more 'kryptic' Wink.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Please let me know if I have to modify the previous post, then. I definitely don't want to do anything to harm you in anyway.

Thanks a lot for the video. It's really nice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 pm