Online Sim Racing netKar PRO


    Yellow Flags

    Share
    avatar
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Age : 39
    Location : Montevideo - Uruguay

    Yellow Flags

    Post by Leonardo Ratafia on Wed May 25, 2011 3:20 am

    Hi, i was paying attention to the yellow flags of all the tracks converted for netkar, and i've noticed that whenever you touch the grass or you spin out and go to the gravel or hit a wall, there are more yellow flags waiving in front of the accident than behind, like it should be, because what the yellow flags indicates is that an accident is in front and you have to slow down or watch out for cars across the track, etc (i know that's something we all know, what the flags are for, sorry for the obvious explanation).

    i hope it's not just my point of view, i've raced in 95% of the available tracks (assuming the other 5% are fantasy tracks Smile
    avatar
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Age : 39
    Location : Montevideo - Uruguay

    Re: Yellow Flags

    Post by Leonardo Ratafia on Thu May 26, 2011 4:11 am

    let me clear this out, i'm not blaming the game that when you barely touch the grass the yellow flags start waiving, i say that the when you create the flags.ini, it has some relationship with the road sectors, and there are a lot of tracks that put yellow flags in sectors in front of an accident, so, sometimes when you are leaving a chicane and you barely touch the grass outside the kerb in most of the tracks you can see a yellow flag in front, and what's you instinct, watch out for an accident.
    may it's just the way tracks are converted and the flags.ini has no other options that to include some sectors in front... that's what i'd like to know
    avatar
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    Re: Yellow Flags

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 am

    The way flags works is very simple:
    in the flags.ini you specify the position of the flag (x,y,z) and the sectors in which it needs to be active (min_sector and max_sector).
    If you go off road with 2 (or 3 I can't remember) tyres, then it will be waved.

    The same file is used for yellow an blue flags.
    let's make an example:
    let's imagine that you are in sector 5.
    you would expect to see a yellow flag if there is an incident in the following sectors (depending on how big are the sectors, can be +1 or +2. so 6 or 7 as max_sector).
    just the opposite is for the blue flags, where you expect to see a blue flag is someone, faster then you, is behind you. so maybe -1 or -2, so min_sector= 3 or 4

    so at the end you will have a quite big window in which that flag is waved. this is due to the fact that you have completely opposite needs for blue and yellow flags.

    Furthermore, yellow flags are activated only in case you go off road (that is covering the 99% of the cases). So if you hit a wall (but there is no grass or sand), or if you collide with an other car, or if you will spin on track, no flag will be waved.


    _________________
     

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yellow Flags

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm