Online Sim Racing netKar PRO


    Why is it so hard?

    Share

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Why is it so hard?

    Post by Martin Hussey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:52 pm

    For people to slow down in the first corner of a race? Do you (you know who you are) honestly think that the person in front isnt going to brake for the corner? or do you just think that if you smash the crap out of the car in front they will quit and you can go on to win the race?

    The standard of racing in netkar these days is a bloody disgrace. I dont think i've ever been involved in a T1 incident in any other game. so why do people take it onto themselves to piss all over netkar?

    I actually think the only way to complete a race in this game is to qualify last, so you cant get bummed by some retard who doesnt understand how to race properly.

    This has definately sealed my decision not to participate in any leagues. Not going to bother sitting through qualy just to get anally violated in the first corner.

    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 233
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 32
    Location : Parma, Italy

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Fabio Grippa on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:36 pm

    I agree with you Marteen, it looks like unexperienced people doesn't know how to behave during a race...to be honest, as you get into a group "A" - in which more or less all the people are experienced - you can have lovely and very correct races...
    There is also a lot of drivers that partecipate in a chamiponship, but doesn't practice into muliplayer server....this night we are going to race with people I have never seen into the server...that is not good...we will see


    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Martin Hussey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

    The other thing that annoys me is people who try to race you during qualifying. I got held up over 3 laps because the same person kept pulling out of the pits in front of me while i'm on a hot lap. They then blocked me for half a lap before crashing. That stopped me getting a fast time and they got pole for the race. People like that shouldnt be allowed to race.

    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by MikaRaymond on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:04 pm

    this is EXACTLY the reason why i refuse to race anywhere other than group A.

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Martin Hussey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:09 pm

    And a huge congratulations to J Friendly for being by far the worst driver i have ever seen in netkar.

    Honestly, your corner cutting and driving straight through me while i was racing (wireframe) was just incredible. And your justification of "its free" was simply astounding.

    Your technique for stopping people overtaking you was impressive, also. I think Clive will agree the 'crash into them so they dont get past' manoeuvre will most likely get you to the top of every championship you enter.

    'tard.

    Kamran Choudhry
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Location : Canada

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Kamran Choudhry on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:23 pm

    Fabio Grippa wrote:I agree with you Marteen, it looks like unexperienced people doesn't know how to behave during a race...to be honest, as you get into a group "A" - in which more or less all the people are experienced - you can have lovely and very correct races...
    There is also a lot of drivers that partecipate in a chamiponship, but doesn't practice into muliplayer server....this night we are going to race with people I have never seen into the server...that is not good...we will see

    I don't practice on the server because all I ever see on the radiator champ servers is qualify, race, jump back to qualify after lights go out, qualify, race jump back to qualify after lights go out, etc. I always prefer practicing online but there's no server with just practice on it.For example I wanted to practice for melbourne last night but the only pratice server had the hillclimb.

    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by MikaRaymond on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 pm

    the GVRteam normally has a server up with a 2h practise session. i too prefer this kind of server

    andrea..? Wink

    Oliver Kreuer
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 31
    Join date : 2010-11-25

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Oliver Kreuer on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 pm

    Kamran Choudhry wrote:
    Fabio Grippa wrote:I agree with you Marteen, it looks like unexperienced people doesn't know how to behave during a race...to be honest, as you get into a group "A" - in which more or less all the people are experienced - you can have lovely and very correct races...
    There is also a lot of drivers that partecipate in a chamiponship, but doesn't practice into muliplayer server....this night we are going to race with people I have never seen into the server...that is not good...we will see

    I don't practice on the server because all I ever see on the radiator champ servers is qualify, race, jump back to qualify after lights go out, qualify, race jump back to qualify after lights go out, etc. I always prefer practicing online but there's no server with just practice on it.For example I wanted to practice for melbourne last night but the only pratice server had the hillclimb.

    For me the same. For tonights race i practiced offline to build my setup.
    Would be nice as if for the next race, there would be a practice server online. Dont know if the admins like this!? ;-)

    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:12 pm

    I usually prefer to have servers with races, because I still think that people should get used to stay close to each other and avoid stupid crashes at T1.

    I'm not sure about putting extra servers with practice, because this will have as a result to have less people in the server (since some goes in 1 and others in the other Smile )

    I will discuss about it anyway with the rest of the team, and see what they think about it.


    _________________
     

    Kamran Choudhry
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 28
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Location : Canada

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Kamran Choudhry on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm

    Andrea what I would think would be good is if you had just one server that just has practice on it and leave the other servers as is. That way people have a choice. Smile

    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by MikaRaymond on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 pm

    server 1 - osella - qual / race
    server 2 - osella - practise
    server 3 - ks2 - qual /race
    server 4 - ks2 - practise
    server 5 onwards for whatever

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Martin Hussey on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:10 pm

    I think we're happy to follow the racing schedule with one of the NKC servers, if we can get them running stable. Seems the 1.3 servers dont like being put on linux so much.

    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 141
    Join date : 2010-11-17
    Age : 47
    Location : Portugal

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Sergio Marques on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am

    After all this talk yesterday about "unexperienced people doesn't know how to behave" and today I see this video of yesterday race:
    Is this how experienced people behave?
    Here we have an expression which I think is appropriate to the situation!

    "You are poet's when you're silent!"

    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by MikaRaymond on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm

    Sergio Marques wrote:After all this talk yesterday about "unexperienced people doesn't know how to behave" and today I see this video of yesterday race:
    Is this how experienced people behave?
    Here we have an expression which I think is appropriate to the situation!

    "You are poet's when you're silent!"

    how can you judge someone because of one corner? you cant say i behave like that all the time because thats the first time ive ever (in the whole 6 months of racing in RSR) taken someone out in the first corner. of course accidents happen and i have taken responsibility for it, but please dont start posting shit around saying im not an appropriate driver when you actually have no idea about the situation. watch closely at the end - i brake early enough to make the corner safely but me and gek hit by accident. nothing you can do.

    i did my penalty. im sick of people suddenly up in arms about this. nobody seemed to care when i got taken out 4 times last season and in bahrain last week.

    that is all i have to say.

    Sergio Marques
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 141
    Join date : 2010-11-17
    Age : 47
    Location : Portugal

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Sergio Marques on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

    MikaRaymond wrote:
    how can you judge someone because of one corner? you cant say i behave like that all the time because thats the first time ive ever (in the whole 6 months of racing in RSR) taken someone out in the first corner. of course accidents happen and i have taken responsibility for it, but please dont start posting shit around saying im not an appropriate driver when you actually have no idea about the situation. watch closely at the end - i brake early enough to make the corner safely but me and gek hit by accident. nothing you can do.

    i did my penalty. im sick of people suddenly up in arms about this. nobody seemed to care when i got taken out 4 times last season and in bahrain last week.

    that is all i have to say.
    I'm not judging by what you do in the first corner or saying that are always like that, you said that, I just compare what you say:
    MikaRaymond wrote:this is EXACTLY the reason why i refuse to race anywhere other than group A.
    With what you do in the track.
    But like you say about my post is shit talk, maybe you think group B are shit drivers!

    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 5882
    Join date : 2009-05-11
    Age : 47
    Location : Berlin

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by giancarlo graziano on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm

    I remember to All that mika the last seoason ks2 2010 , last race was loosing the championship for a kick out in t1 first lap....
    ........Mika axcept the resoult whit out say somethink!

    I was made a video for the unluky kick ...have a look min 5.44


    that is all i have to say.


    _________________

    http://www.radiators-champ.com/  

           

    paolo taradash
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2011-03-02

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by paolo taradash on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:48 pm

    mika, i don't think anyone have doubts about your great skill as a driver. IMHO looks better if you stop to try to find some giustification for the collision with gek. you made a big mistake, that's all. specially because was the first lap. i saw the video and it's clear that the responsabilty is 100% yours. crashes are part of the race and errors too. so lift up your arm and admit your fault. i think gek will appreciate. bye ;-)
    a proposito di me e attilio, mi spiace molto se ho causato una sua sosta ma proprio non ho avvertito alcuna collisione, e neanche la sensazione di estrema vicnanza. ero partito ultimo apposta per evitare rischi all'inizio. e ho girato prudentissimo nei primi giri per lo stesso motivo...hai mica il replay da mostrarmi attilio? così potrò farti delle scuse più convincenti... ;-)

    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by MikaRaymond on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm

    thats what ive done paolo, check the melbourne thread Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: Why is it so hard?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 pm