Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+13
René Lorig
M Carey
paul thomas
Attilio Barba
Marco Calesella
laurent resende
Stuart Whitehead
davide zardin
Andrea Lojelo
Steve Crawnshaw
Gianluca Bonifacio
Paul O'Brien
Laszlo Janos
17 posters

iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started

Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started - Page 3 Empty Re: iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started

Post by Laszlo Janos Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

The WIKI have a lots of new articles.

Stability Points
    Kudos
    Race Points
    ...and more.

please read.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started - Page 3 Empty Re: iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started

Post by M Carey Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Let me know if you want me to proof read the Wiki, as I know English's your second language Smile
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:47 pm

netkar - iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started - Page 3 Rsrlogo2finalg

netkar - iRacing system in netKar PRO, beta test started - Page 3 Nkworld

Radiator Springs Racing Team started a collaboration with nKWorld.

The guys of the Precise Division Team have some wonderful ideas, and are technically very good. There introduced a lot of nice and innovative features in their website. They are working hard to enhance their website and add new features to it every day.

We decided together to have one of their server following our championship. So each week we will have the possibility to have some training races on nKWorld, improving our Kudos and Stability Points.

There will be races every 30 minutes at A1-Ring starting from tonight.

They developed some really interesting features, like automatic grids based on drivers level, and Race points based on the strength of the field.

A very nice race to race together, training for our Thursday's official race, having clean races, and contributing for your own career in nKWorld.

two small notes:
    1) you need to register for each race at the moment.
    check here how to do it.

2) we share the same chat provider, so you will have the same username you use in our chat. Their chat is the best place to wait for the others.

Let's organize a nice test tonight! The guys deserve some good appreciation for their wonderful work!

See you later on track.
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Great News heres to a long and fruitful partnership with NKworld!!!
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:54 pm

we fixed the ks2 race server.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 pm

ENGLISH
    Marius, Albert and my self, are trying to help Laszlo translating the nkWorld's wiki in English, Spanish, and Italian. Laszlo is creating an Hungarian version also.

I just completed the Italian version. Following more informations for our Italian's friends.

ITALIANO
    Ho dato una mano ai ragazzi di nkWorld traducendo la loro wiki in Italiano.

La Wiki descrive come funziona il loro sistema, davvero ben fatto a mio parere.

E' tutto un po' in divenire, ovviamente. Hanno appena iniziato e di sicuro cresceranno molto, e la wiki seguira' i nuovi cambiamenti.

Ogni consiglio e' ben accetto.

La traduzione potrebbe contenere errori (non l'ho ancora riletta Embarassed ), e partiva da una versione inglese gia' di suo non troppo chiara in alcuni punti. Spero che abbia senso, ma se avete dubbi scrivete pure. Il vostro feedback puo' aiutarci a migliorarla.

Buona lettura.
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:10 pm

The host server (nkworld.net) is way to slow. The main page is loading very quick, but when I click on Log In, the page is loading very slow and most of the times I'm kicked out and Firefox gives me the message that the server is responding too slow.
    Robin Jeffery
    Robin Jeffery
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Robin Jeffery Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey Guys, I have tried both race and quali sessions and no matter what I try I keep getting the "not in the servers entry list" message.

I have registered and logged in to nKWorld and changed my GUID to match my drivers name in nkPro, I have "registered" in the session, but still cannot race or qualify.

I am obviously missing something here, any help appreciated

rob
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:11 pm

please read the "getting started" in the wiki. I think your GUID wrong.

http://nkworld.wikispaces.com/
    Robin Jeffery
    Robin Jeffery
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Robin Jeffery Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks Laszlo, you were right, the problem was the GUID. I did read the wiki but still managed to mess it up lol.

And I would like to thank you for the HUGE amount of work that you must have put into this project. Absolutely fabulous, and can only get better from here.

rob
    Jens Löchel
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jens Löchel Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

i give it up for the time.
    only three times i found a server.
    i hope it will be better with nk1.3
    by the way great work laslo
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergey Moskovkin Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:55 pm

There is a small issue with registering: I've registered for a race, but didn't participate there, anyway I'm a winner now: http://nkworld.net/nkracing/sessionresult.php?sessionID=3797

I have a small wish: if somebody could do a little program which will launch and connect netKar to a server through the web link (nkp://$IP-SERVER for example). Like Join2LFS does this little job for a years.
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Jens Löchel wrote:i give it up for the time.
    only three times i found a server.
    i hope it will be better with nk1.3
    by the way great work laslo

if you can't see the servers, go back the main menu, and back to the lobby, and trying...
    Jens Löchel
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jens Löchel Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:56 pm

I already have horny skin(hope its the right translation for Hornhaut) because of that! no joke! Sad

ps. maybe this is the reason why so many registerd but never driven?!
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:54 am

76 users out of a total of 187 have got at least 1 race in so far. Not too bad.
    Maybe someone should post a poll to see why more people aren't running?

Next week I should run a lot more got a gr8 track for my fav car Mugello!!!
    Steve Crawnshaw
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Steve Crawnshaw Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Jens Löchel wrote:I already have horny skin(hope its the right translation for Hornhaut) because of that! no joke! Sad

ps. maybe this is the reason why so many registerd but never driven?!

It's a great system lazlo has done here. Everything works for me just fine. Too bad netkar is a VERY small community. It seems all the sim racers are losing their brains and falling for the scam they call iracing. It's amazing how retarded people get when they try and justify spending that kind of cash on a video game which should cost $60 for all the content and $50 per year to subscribe. Johny Henry didn't get to be a billionare by luck that's foresure. He depends on the retards spending that kind of cash. I think it's time to give up on this great sim and go back to gtr2 leagues.

Anyways Jens I would say "you have thick skin" instead of "horny skin".
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:40 pm

I suppose that makes me a retard. People go where the races are. Its all down to confidence in the services.
    I love NK better than iR but Im certain iR will be popular in 5 years time where as I hope to ( insert deity here .........) Nkp will still be around in 5 years time.

" I think it's time to give up on this great sim and go back to gtr2 leagues." Maybe this is why nkp it not popular.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:41 am

It's strange, right now LFS has over 1000 racers online, iRacing over 2000 and nKPro... 28 (and I looked at that & thought the number wasn't too bad) Very Happy
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am

It was a lot worse b4 1.2. after 1.3 it ll be a bit better but Ill wager not much.

28 for a non thursday, not bad!

Ive always wondered if NKP displayed number of users logged in and practicing offline, would the number of users be a bit less depressing.

I think you'll find with iR the no of users online is for the last 2hrs which leads to inflated figures not sure about L4S.
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:14 am

hey hey as of 23.13 cet there are more people online in nkp than iR.

iR's down for maintenance eat that iR.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 am

I'll be honest with you, although I would love to see more people around, I still enjoy the fact that once I go online, I usually find known people. I love to be in a server between friends, and to know the most of the people I'm racing with.
    nKPRO has never had as many drivers online as in the other sims, unfortunately, but still I'm having fun with it every single day! Whenever I want, I just join a server, and is few minutes other guys join.
    nK has always been a niche sim, for some reason, and in my view very under rated.
    Laszlo Janos
    Laszlo Janos
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Laszlo Janos Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 am

The biggest problem:
    Need change the Demo car. This car handling very difficult for other sim users (rfactor and etc). They try f1600 on some last and they run back to the easy rF and others.

If Kunos change the demo car to the abarth, or f2000, i think lots of new useres use the nkp.

If relase 1.3, and the demo car still the f1600, kunos's work not succes, no more people in nkp. (Our work not succes as well, the nkw can't working 10-20 active users.)

Andrea: we changed the contact system. We use your ideas.
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:03 am

I remember bring up the point about the demo car over a year ago among others but still Kunos releases f1600 as the demo car.

But I think the rain and the shelby will be enough to entice people to buy the full game
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 am

paul thomas wrote:I think you'll find with iR the no of users online is for the last 2hrs which leads to inflated figures not sure about L4S.
    Hmm, I was wondering why the figure jumped by 400 in a matter of minutes Smile
    paul thomas wrote:iR's down for maintenance eat that iR.
    Very Happy I find that really annoying, at least in nKPro you can run offline if the master server's down.

I know what you mean Andrea, it's like walking into your (local) village pub, but as we all know a lot of them are forced to close due to a lack of numbers Sad

I agree with Laszlo, I've wondered since first driving the F2000 how many more people would buy the sim' if it was the demo car, and now with the KS2 maybe there's a reason to make it so*
    *sending a royalty cheque to Patrick Stewart now (if you don't understand why then you must have more of a life than I do) Razz
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 am

Laszlo Janos wrote:
    Andrea: we changed the contact system. We use your ideas.

Wonderful! really well done guys. From paper to a working realization in few days.

Can you put some more detail about it?
    maybe just copy and paste the "specification" file I gave you.
    Maybe we can update it in the wiki also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm