Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 24 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by laurent resende Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:29 am

Maarten Steverink wrote:Even on my old pc it runs great on medium graphics. Physics are great, looks are great, but i feel i like Netkar more still hehe! Waiting for more tracks, and when is Zandvoort coming? :DNot impressed with the 49 for now, but i'd have to test more.

Maarten
    same for me !!! Maarten !!! but i feel i like Netkar more!!!!!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 24 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:48 am

Hmm, I drove the Lotus 49, it has had no horn I think (but will test again).

The FFB is great: When you're standing in the pits you even feel the vibrations of just the running engine through your wheel (tiny extremely fast FFB shaking) on the BMW GT2 and a changing/increase of FFB heavyness at entry of a corner & less at exit of corner (in case you oversteer your wheel). Just such smoothly detailed the FFB strength is.

---

So far I discovered no real bugs, just once as I turned the Abrath Formula upside down onto its roof after a 5m high-jump on that hill left beside the parabolica, the front axis was visually shaking a bit as the car lay onto its roof. Maybe it shaked because of the force / vibrations appied by the crash, so it's a real effect. The only unreal thingy is that it keeps shaking endlessly.., because there is no friction in that situation (car laying upside down), which may lower it. Same goes for wheels: When the car is upside down they keep turning separately in their own current speed endlessly until you press some brakes of course. [But that's both is not a bug. It is even a very real thing, it even prooves that the physics are greatly defined (axis-shiver when it gets some *dang*, wheels turn each at their own speed). -Just the mentioned endlessness is not 100% real, when you're a person like me and tend to think 100000% exact. Wink]

Little stuff:
    -When holding ESC in the game, the menue goes on<->off rapidly, no surprise it does so.., but maybe that should be progged in another way (by just changing the menü on/off in case the ESC key changes -difficult to express in engl., but I think you know what I mean-) 
    -That 'secret' (2nd) road at the right track side at Monza beside the main track has an invisible wall in order to keep cars away from driving along that 'wrong road' (not a bug but an invisible wall is just an unreal happening Wink)
    -When you save a replay, you can't scroll / set the cursor inside the replay-name left or right onto a desired/specific position. You can only use backspace to delete the letters, to be able to rename it.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 am

laurent resende wrote:
    Maarten Steverink wrote:... Physics are great, looks are great, but i feel i like Netkar more still hehe! ...
    C'mon guys Wink. How you can find this less defined NetKar physics better ? In NetKar the cars would drive boringly like on rails lap by lap, if there were no tire consumption (hmm, but maybe that's real ? :roll:lol).
    NetKar's physic also just sets in at 20 km/h+ or so (Stefano said), AC's physic already sets in at a much lower speed. NetKar's physic is less dynamic/sensitive I think.., that's the reason driving NetKar feels like being on a bit of 'sticky' glue or lava surface all the time for me.

AC's physics feel fresh, agile and flexible, no such specific odd feeling at least that I get from NetKar (even though I liked it generally as well of course, but the driving was a bit dull because of the mentioned reasons).
    The feel you get in AC is much better, you can really feel the thick tires of the Lotus 49, its smooth suspension and so on.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:38 am

M Waechter wrote:
    laurent resende wrote:
    Maarten Steverink wrote:... Physics are great, looks are great, but i feel i like Netkar more still hehe! ...
    C'mon guys Wink. How you can find this less defined NetKar physics better ? In NetKar the cars would drive boringly like on rails lap by lap, if there were no tire consumption (hmm, but maybe that's real ? :roll:lol).
    NetKar's physic also just sets in at 20 km/h+ or so (Stefano said), AC's physic already sets in at a much lower speed. NetKar's physic is less dynamic/sensitive I think.., that's the reason driving NetKar feels like being on a bit of 'sticky' glue or lava surface all the time for me.

AC's physics feel fresh, agile and flexible, no such specific odd feeling at least that I get from NetKar (even though I liked it generally as well of course, but the driving was a bit dull because of the mentioned reasons).
    The feel you get in AC is much better, you can really feel the thick tires of the Lotus 49, its smooth suspension and so on.
    Marco!!! Scotch-taped netkar has the road!!!! it is necessary that I you replay dispatch 2 or 3 of my pb with F2000!! or F3!!!! on Monaco or Adelaide!!! if you want to see from the gliding!! you will not be disappointed!!! this there very friendship!

but since all new simu, it is necessary to study it and to teach has drive it, before forming an opinion, furthermore it is a version beta, therefore wait and see,
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 am

I can just imagine what you want to say (because of the google translation you use maybe Wink).
    "Scotch taped" ?? So you agree with me that in NetKar the road surface was always taped (glued) with "tesa-film" or scotch-tape ? Wink*joke*.

There is no 100% black & white opinion only, you are right. So maybe you could call two different sims equally acting real, even though they are a totally different type.

At least what I really liked at the kind of NetKar's physics, was that you always could feel or recognize every tiny setup change on suspension and so on and whatever so quickly. It was a good teacher about all of the tiny basics.

Last edited by M Waechter on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:42 am

archievement  ???   che è?
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:27 am

With me it has alot to do with finetuning the ffb i think. Especially the middle part is not that defined yet.

M.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 am

Maarten Steverink wrote: Waiting for more tracks, and when is Zandvoort coming?
    SOON TM! Rolling Eyes 

I love AC! I'm having so much fun with it. Feels real. as simple as that.
    I've been seriously impressed by the xbow. Having driven that car, I was really curious to see how it felt in AC. I've been seriously impressed. It feels damn close to real thing. Easy to drift, and extremely fun to drive.
    Already right now, with a limited car set, there are cars for everyone taste, all with their own character, and all fun to drive.
    It will be great once we will be able to race against each other.

I'm really looking forward to put our hands on the dev tools to complete our work with tracks and cars.

We've been quite for a while, but a lot is going on in the team, and hopefully we will be able to share some nice news pretty soon.

Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Great news about Zandy :DTotally agree on AC btw, i find myself sitting at work right now, and i CAN't wait to get back home and fire up AC! That's gotta mean something hehe!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I thought when I drove a single-seater in AC I'd know for sure whether I liked it, but I'm still not sure Neutral The F2000 @ Imola was amazing, however the Formula Abarth just feels ordinary, infact all the cars do.  I dunno why, it's just the sense of speed, the feel under braking isn't there for me.  The stupid slow down messages, and curbs which are still extremely slippy (a la iRacing) don't help the fun factor either.  Not trying to put a downer on it, the graphics are really good, transmission model's too I'm just saying I'd enjoy it more if it was more exciting.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:01 pm

I agree on the lack of sensation of speed. It doesn't seem exciting, and the visuals in a racing sim are allowed to be a little exagerated, because you don't feel the forces like in real life. So the view is probably very accurate in AC, but it doesnt compensate for the fact that you can't feel anything.
    Marco Ercoles
    Marco Ercoles
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marco Ercoles Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Maarten Steverink wrote: Waiting for more tracks, and when is Zandvoort coming?
    SOON TM! Rolling Eyes 

I love AC! I'm having so much fun with it. Feels real. as simple as that.
    I've been seriously impressed by the xbow. Having driven that car, I was really curious to see how it felt in AC. I've been seriously impressed. It feels damn close to real thing. Easy to drift, and extremely fun to drive.
    Already right now, with a limited car set, there are cars for everyone taste, all with their own character, and all fun to drive.
    It will be great once we will be able to race against each other.

I'm really looking forward to put our hands on the dev tools to complete our work with tracks and cars.

We've been quite for a while, but a lot is going on in the team, and hopefully we will be able to share some nice news pretty soon.

Nice!! I'm crazy with AC!!! All it's perfect for me, all the cars are so different and i like it so much.

Thanks Kunos!!!
    Vitaliano polito
    Vitaliano polito
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vitaliano polito Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Ragazzi ho un problemaa ieri ho scaricato assetto corsa tutto ok l ho provato e andava bene oggi quando l ho riavviato si è scaricato un aggiornamento tramite steam da quel momento quando  avvio la sessione di gioco dopo aver scelto vettura e circuito mi esce un messaggio che dice che la mia scheda video non è compatibile col  game  e occorre una con diret x 10 o superiore....io ho una gfoce gtx 260  l ho anche aggiornata dopo che mi dava l errore ma non è cambiato niente sapete come aiutarmi?
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Vitaliano polito wrote:Ragazzi ho un problemaa ieri ho scaricato assetto corsa tutto ok l ho provato e andava bene oggi quando l ho riavviato si è scaricato un aggiornamento tramite steam da quel momento quando  avvio la sessione di gioco dopo aver scelto vettura e circuito mi esce un messaggio che dice che la mia scheda video non è compatibile col  game  e occorre una con diret x 10 o superiore....io ho una gfoce gtx 260  l ho anche aggiornata dopo che mi dava l errore ma non è cambiato niente sapete come aiutarmi?
    this update day, fixes some probleme of linked rendering has DX11, your graphic card, does not manage Directx 11, gtx 260 props in architecture dx9, and managed dx10, nor dx11 and probably not 64 bits, it is certainly the source of your problem Vitaliano, looks on their forum at shape minimum demanded by the simu to turn
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:26 pm

M Carey wrote:I thought when I drove a single-seater in AC I'd know for sure whether I liked it, but I'm still not sure Neutral The F2000 @ Imola was amazing, however the Formula Abarth just feels ordinary, infact all the cars do.  I dunno why, it's just the sense of speed, the feel under braking isn't there for me.  The stupid slow down messages, and curbs which are still extremely slippy (a la iRacing) don't help the fun factor either.  Not trying to put a downer on it, the graphics are really good, transmission model's too I'm just saying I'd enjoy it more if it was more exciting.
    [Maybe the more ordinary / stiff feel of the Abarth Formula compared to NetKar is more real. In NetKar cars behave like driving a 'boat' a little bit, maybe that was making it kind of 'exciting'/interesting for you/me, but wasn't totally real also.]

"Slow down" messages will be and can be already switched off / and or adjusted by how many wheels are allwoed to get off. the track, by editing some entry (I read that in the RD forum) in the .ini file. So don't worry such will be adjustable by matter, it is not s.th. fixed in the code Smile.

When you talk about slippy curbs, I can't imagine to put IRacing as an example for slippy curbs, because for me they behave like even to unslippy there in IRacing (don't know, maybe that's real, because curbs are handled as normal track nowadays, are flat as hell compared to the past and so on), you can drive over them with keeping almost the same grip niveau as on the asphalt at IRacing.

About speed feel: I think, like Maarten wrote & thought, that visuals of the speed are quite real. F1 cars in real look also damn slow on a wide modern track.. . Past tracks were more narrow (Suzuka, Spa, even Monza sometimes), not like a modern wide Malaysia or Abu Dhabi alike track without trees or other obsticles directly beside the track.
    So try some more oldschool, more narrow tracks and I'm sure you will get the sense of speed. Monza historic + Lotus 49 monster engine (hell those were dynamic engines.., it revs/rpms up to eternity in each gear Smile) gives a really good speed feel I think (-an Abarth Formula is boring there @the highspeed history Monza track of course, because you can drive all fast corners at full speed with aero-downforce-cars like this or the BMW GT2-), the track has much nice forest beside the track Smile, so it's not empty as some modern tracks. Those and else objects gives a sense of speed there for example.

Last edited by M Waechter on Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:39 pm

personnellemnt it is always for what I reproached have NetKar:la management of sticking on borders (vibrator)!!!!!!!!!! the loss of sticking was always exagerement reproduced!!! on certain circuits, 2 wheels on the flat party of this border make you lose 3 has 5 dixieme!!!! completely iréel, in Iracing management is good, idem in C.A.R.S and RF2!!!
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 am

should not be modding free AC?
    bad start, the engine sounds can not be changed
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 am

Vitaliano polito wrote:Ragazzi ho un problemaa ieri ho scaricato assetto corsa tutto ok l ho provato e andava bene oggi quando l ho riavviato si è scaricato un aggiornamento tramite steam da quel momento quando  avvio la sessione di gioco dopo aver scelto vettura e circuito mi esce un messaggio che dice che la mia scheda video non è compatibile col  game  e occorre una con diret x 10 o superiore....io ho una gfoce gtx 260  l ho anche aggiornata dopo che mi dava l errore ma non è cambiato niente sapete come aiutarmi?
    http://www.eprice.it/schede-video-ASUS/d-4395907

spendi poco e va bene
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:56 pm

A test drive with AC, the time is not representative Razz ehehe
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 pm

M Waechter wrote:[Maybe the more ordinary / stiff feel of the Abarth Formula compared to NetKar is more real. In NetKar cars behave like driving a 'boat' a little bit, maybe that was making it kind of 'exciting'/interesting for you/me, but wasn't totally real also.]

"Slow down" messages will be and can be already switched off / and or adjusted by how many wheels are allwoed to get off. the track, by editing some entry (I read that in the RD forum) in the .ini file. So don't worry such will be adjustable by matter, it is not s.th. fixed in the code Smile.

When you talk about slippy curbs, I can't imagine to put IRacing as an example for slippy curbs, because for me they behave like even to unslippy there in IRacing (don't know, maybe that's real, because curbs are handled as normal track nowadays, are flat as hell compared to the past and so on), you can drive over them with keeping almost the same grip niveau as on the asphalt at IRacing.

About speed feel: I think, like Maarten wrote & thought, that visuals of the speed are quite real. F1 cars in real look also damn slow on a wide modern track.. . Past tracks were more narrow (Suzuka, Spa, even Monza sometimes), not like a modern wide Malaysia or Abu Dhabi alike track without trees or other obsticles directly beside the track.
    So try some more oldschool, more narrow tracks and I'm sure you will get the sense of speed. Monza historic + Lotus 49 monster engine (hell those were dynamic engines.., it revs/rpms up to eternity in each gear Smile) gives a really good speed feel I think (-an Abarth Formula is boring there @the highspeed history Monza track of course, because you can drive all fast corners at full speed with aero-downforce-cars like this or the BMW GT2-), the track has much nice forest beside the track Smile, so it's not empty as some modern tracks. Those and else objects gives a sense of speed there for example.
    Just tried these settings & I'm a little happier, braking feels better now.  When I converted a certain laser-scanned track to nKPro I compared it to an onboard video of a Formula Renault car & was amazed to see the car reacting in the same way.  That for me was a confirmation (not that I needed it) of nKPro's physics.  The problem with nKPro was with cars such as the Abarth etc. the single-seaters were pretty much there (apart from the KS2 hashed together from the F10 Razz).

Last time I tried iRacing the curb issue/loss of traction was still there, although admittedly it had got better with the NTM.  F**k knows why when this wasn't a problem in nKP it's in AC.  You shouldn't spin out from putting two wheels on a dry curb, you can run wide (in certain situations) without having an automatic spin.

Gran Turismo has the same issue with the sense of speed (or lack thereof).  Imola's an old school circuit, and (personally) one of the most exciting to drive, even with cars I hated with a passion in nKP (Osella/F3).  If I take an M3 out on it in AC, I'd rather be in my work van Very Happy I admit I am biased in this area, as I don't see the appeal of driving road cars in a racing game, but I know a lot of people do so that's why Kunos has taken this direction.  I guess I'm just hoping someone converts the F1800 etc. over, or an even braver soul converts the F1 cars from FVA.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 pm

It's just common that higher class street cars feel like 'sofas' nowadays in reality (unfortunately), so no surprise the BMW Z4 feels such luxory for example, as if you drive your van at work Wink.

I tired GT Academy in 2013 on Gran Turismo 6 and I hated the in that case unfair fact/apect that only drivers, who know how to do this 'autistic('autism' alike Wink) sudden "Gran Turismo only drifting style" had & have a chance to compete with the top.
    Every driver on the top was going sometimes up to 45 degrees sideways even in slow corners (as if they were using handbrake, but that was/is not the Gran Turismo trick on this), which was/is 3-5 seconds faster per lap. And I had no clue how this driftig could be achivied/'activated', so I was without any chance.. . I read it happens at a certain point of releasing the brakes, while being in the (slow) corner, but it never appeared to me, only at fast corners I was able to to a bit of that certain kind of -throttle independent- drifting.
    I hate it, because this is definately an unrealistic behave in Gran Turismo physics. No car can drive and especially behave like that in real (in even 50 km/h corners) and it would destroy the tires in half a lap in real.
    I saw this certain Gran Turismo drift-style already on Gran Turismo 4 on PS2 and could not do it there in GT 4 also, so it was always present in the physics of Gran Turismo games. This unreal behave should be removed, otherwise Gran Turismo games will stay a complete joke in terms of this strange matter in its physic.
    [But Gran Turismo was never a real Sim anyway, so no surprise it has to offer some unreal & specific just 'action-producing-features' in its physic maybe.]

--

The feel of the speed depends also sometimes just of the FOV (Field Of View) setting. A single monitor can't visualize the whole angle / width that you experiance in real life with your eyes. So the FOV in Sims (on Monitors) is dramatically less and just focussed / catching the viewing width of just 1/4 or so. In reality you have a width about 180° or even more when turning your eyes and that catches much more of the whole -quicker passing by- scenery, roadside objects = direct recognization of the current speed in the reality/real life.

There are some yt videos (can't remember the video title) using IRacing, to show the huge speed-feel-difference on low FOV (= "slow") and high FOV (= fast appearence) settings.

Last edited by M Waechter on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 am; edited 3 times in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Regarding AC v0.1 -to be back on topic- I uploaded a video with me driving the Lotus 49, BMW M3 GT2 (I like the car & the sound of it, feels so real with this turbo-charger engine sound and else), KTM X-Bow 'live' @Monza historic. The link can be found in Mika's old "new youtube channel" thread.
    Just started off out of the pit box as it is with the car's standard pre installed default setups, but tried to be quite at the limit, so already almost hotlapping with default setup.. .
    Piers Structures
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Piers Structures Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 pm

So is there any "roadmap" for the AC development? The (ahem) "development timeline" on the AC site seems to have run out in June. Is Kunos getting better or worse at a) communication b) dates, c) communicating dates?

(ETA - the Exige is a cracker to drive round Imola).
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:09 am

I did btw. never know/expected that the KTM X-Bow has such a 'fast engine', maybe it is because of its less weight that makes it go over 250 km/h like a Formula car, almost.
    It's just 10 sec. slower as a Lotus 49 or even BMX M3 GT2 at Monza historic.

Someone at RD forum finds the Abarth's rear etc. to be too much planted to the road. Can't agree with that, it's just the general feel of the physics & the general built of the car (it is a flat & small Formula car with bolt tires and not a road car, so no surprise it feels and is more planted to the ground) that makes the Abarth Formula feel so sticked to the road, but in fact it isn't. Once you are agressive in slow corners its rear goes sideways as well like in any other car -except more comfortable ones like BMW Z4 or KTM X-Bow and Abarth 500- pretty easy, which is some of the challenge in AC (the loose rear on throttle or a wrong/too early downshift, so: once you push over a limit).

Perhaps Formula Abarth is a bit similar to F2000 (Formula Renault) in NetKar, which has also more downforce or grip & is more easy to drive compared to a car like the F3 (FTarget).
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Max Caputi Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:00 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 am