Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

The Senna movie

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

The Senna movie Empty The Senna movie

Post by M Carey Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:44 am

Anyone else seen it yet? I went with a pal to watch it to... yesterday now. Some amazing unseen footage, & it's cool seeing the true context of events. My only disapointments were that the movie basically starts in '88, with not a lot on his Toleman & Lotus years, plus only a brief mention of karting. Nothing on Formula Ford, F3. Also I felt they left out some key events & moments, replacing them with irrelevant stuff really. Some of the contributors were a little strange as well, a lot of Brazilian commentary with subtitles, or other journalists you've never heard of. In the 1995 BBC documentary there's a lot more input from drivers. UK users can view it online, or I've uploaded a rip (you'll need a flv player).

The film didn't really change my opinion of Senna, or Prost (as some have said the film was hard on him). Although the cinema was a little quiet, there were laughs at quite a few moments, & the atmosphere also changed when the aftermath of Martin Donnelly's career ending but amazingly non-fatal accident was shown. Also when the film moved onto the events of Imola '94 people became noticeably agitated, & seeing the accidents of Ratzenberger & Senna on a big screen with surround sound was not pleasant at all. Any F1 fan will enjoy this movie (if you can find a cinema showing it as none of my local ones were), even if you're already well aware of Prost Vs Senna, as I'll guarantee they'll be things you haven't seen before.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

The Senna movie Empty Re: The Senna movie

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:02 pm

I've seen it, and I really loved it. Really nice.
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 pm

i saw it a few months ago Wink .. the old fia head was a cock ..
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:12 pm

So I'm the only one who didn't torrent the movie then Razz The 1990 Japanese GP drivers briefing was probably the funniest bit of the film Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am