Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+2
MikaRaymond
Jeff Paul
6 posters

Degrees of rotation for your wheel

Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Degrees of rotation for your wheel Empty Degrees of rotation for your wheel

Post by Jeff Paul Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:19 pm

What is the difference between a wheel with less degrees of rotation than one with more? I want to upgrade my wheel and am finding that information that isn't pure advertising is hard to find. Any help and input would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading. Smile
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Degrees of rotation for your wheel Empty Re: Degrees of rotation for your wheel

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:49 pm

a wheel with less degree rotation means it turn round as much as a wheel with more rotation. i have a logitech g27 which is 900 degrees, meaning itll "spin round" several times. a wheel with 360degrees will only spin round once.

the difference between the two doesnt make a difference in most games. for example i could jump on LFS and drive a road car which is 900degrees, so the car would be exactly how my wheel is set up. then i could jump on nkp and into the ks2 which only uses say 200 degrees, but the game calibrates the wheel so whatever position my wheel is facing, the car would be the same
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:11 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:the difference between the two doesnt make a difference in most games. for example i could jump on LFS and drive a road car which is 900degrees, so the car would be exactly how my wheel is set up. then i could jump on nkp and into the ks2 which only uses say 200 degrees, but the game calibrates the wheel so whatever position my wheel is facing, the car would be the same
    I think the KS2 like the other single-seaters in nKPro's around 400 degrees (406 seems to be spot on Wink). Before I had a cheap Joytech wheel which only rotated as much as a F1 car, and it was horrid, accuracy was a real issue although the massive dead zone might have also been a factor Razz
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks guys. Very Happy So the more degrees the rotation doesn't mean any better or more accurate the wheel?
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 pm

nope. every game / car calibrates itself to suit Wink
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:42 am

Awesome. Thanks!
    Oliver Kreuer
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oliver Kreuer Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Mika isn't there an advantage of using a wheel with more than 270 degrees? I Have the black momo :-( and I'm wishing that i have a different one.

The Point what i mean is that when you setup you car for example with an angele of 20 degrees and you're using a wheel with 270 degrees its not so sensitive like a wheel with 400 degrees. Because with the 400 degrees you have much more way to steer for these 20 degrees.
    My proplem with 270 degrees is sometimes when there is a very tight corner i need for example 8:1 sterring lock. The bad side effect of this is that my steering is not sensitive enough for the rest of the track ( understeer). But if i set it at 13:1 it is much better for the rest of the track, but i wouldn't make the first corner.
    So i think when you wheel can set up to 400 degrees you can set it up for example at 9:1 for the tight corner, but you can also drive sensitive enough for the rest of the track because of these more degrees of stearing. Hope you get what i mean.
    Radek Pól
    Radek Pól
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Radek Pól Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Everything you wrote is truth. When I exchange my old Logitech Formula EX (180 degrees) with Driving Force GT (900), it was a huge difference. You can feel the car much better.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:49 pm

It has alot to do with wheels with more degrees being better made wheels. They are by definition more accurate. Force Feedback is alot better in a more expensive wheel (usually they're more expensive if the have more degrees).

Anyway, if you have the money, go for a wheel with 900 degrees or more :-) It is worth the money.

Maarten

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 am