Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+11
Diego Doni
Andrea Lanzino
f.gek
Chris Kehagias
Sergio Marques
Luca Seghieri
Piers Structures
giancarlo graziano
M Waechter
Kamran Choudhry
Andrea Lojelo
15 posters

7 April 2011: Donington Park

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 7 April 2011: Donington Park - Page 3 Empty Re: 7 April 2011: Donington Park

Post by M Carey Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:08 am

I remember a lot of lag incidents in the GPC race @ Donington. I think some circuits are worse, where you have high speed direction changes & big braking zones.
    Diego Doni
    Diego Doni
    Driver
    Driver

2011 - 7 April 2011: Donington Park - Page 3 Empty Re: 7 April 2011: Donington Park

Post by Diego Doni Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:54 am

We all know the netcode its faulty, this is exactly the reason why everybody should give more space, be less aggressive and so on, the problem is that too many drive like if the netcode be perfect, just to say later "well if it has been perfect I wouldn't hit you, sorry" which is the right attitude only if the next time him won't fall again on the same pitfall.

I was about to comment Mika's video above but I prefer to tell a situation happened to me in a pick-up race, after several laps battling, at Aviano Full, my opponent mistakenly entered T1 chicane slowly, I was following at full speed and BAM, lag crash... or not... in fact it was lag because he spun off and I continued intact, but I knew before it happened that we were going to get in contact, lucky me I was saved by netkar's faulty code, not the opposite.

This is the real problem, we approach other drivers too fast, we keep too short distance as if the netcode were perfect and then, when the crash happen, and the offender car runs away quite always untouched, then we can say "see I'm ok, wasn't my fault but the netcode, sorry"

That's plain wrong.
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 am

I totally agree with you Doni. If everyone drives more carefully knowing that the tricky netcode is there all the time then we sure wont have so many incidents.
    I believe that its better to finish second and get the points rather than retire trying to be first 8)
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:14 pm

I fully agree with you Diego. We all know about the netcode. This shouldn't be an excuse but a good reason to be more careful.

Don't forget about this bug also:
    Osella contact box is slightly longer.
    those two cars are in contact for nk
    2011 - 7 April 2011: Donington Park - Page 3 Nkscrosellanewbury02250
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:02 pm

You do learn where not to place your car (on the outside of turn 2 @ Donington for example), but sometimes you can be metres apart & still have a lag incident. If we really drove to accommodate the netcode it would be single file with gaps of about a second Razz
    Roberto Zanerini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Roberto Zanerini Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Il mio punto di vista è questo: trovo l'Osella troppo debole, al minimo contatto ti si rompe subito una sospensione. Essendo una macchina a ruote coperte non dovrebbe essere così. Basterebbe ridurre i danni all'80% per evitare molti ritiri.
    Il difetto di tutti comunque è che in fase di sorpasso non si ha la pazienza per aspettare il momento giusto. Io cerco sempre di dare strada, ma quelli che arrivano da dietro non danno il tempo di decidere dove farli passare e così si creano delle incomprensioni, e la colpa viene data ai piloti più lenti.

My point is this: I find the Osella too weak, the slightest contact you immediately break a suspension. Being a car wheel covers should not be so. Would be enough to reduce damage to 80% to avoid many withdrawals.
    The defect of all though is that being overtaken not have the patience to wait for the right time. I always try to give way, but those coming from behind do not give them time to decide where to go and so you create misunderstandings, and the blame is given to the slower riders.

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 pm

decreasing the damage may be an option. when 1.3 was first released, GVRteam and myself had some fun races with the osella with damage @ 0%. we were able to touch slightly without any problems. maybe a test race with 50% damage should be done, just to compare the difference to 100%. i believe it will help.
    Luca Mosca
    Luca Mosca
    ---
    ---

Post by Luca Mosca Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Roberto Zanerini wrote:Il mio punto di vista è questo: trovo l'Osella troppo debole, al minimo contatto ti si rompe subito una sospensione. Essendo una macchina a ruote coperte non dovrebbe essere così. Basterebbe ridurre i danni all'80% per evitare molti ritiri.
    Il difetto di tutti comunque è che in fase di sorpasso non si ha la pazienza per aspettare il momento giusto. Io cerco sempre di dare strada, ma quelli che arrivano da dietro non danno il tempo di decidere dove farli passare e così si creano delle incomprensioni, e la colpa viene data ai piloti più lenti.

My point is this: I find the Osella too weak, the slightest contact you immediately break a suspension. Being a car wheel covers should not be so. Would be enough to reduce damage to 80% to avoid many withdrawals.
    The defect of all though is that being overtaken not have the patience to wait for the right time. I always try to give way, but those coming from behind do not give them time to decide where to go and so you create misunderstandings, and the blame is given to the slower riders.

Tu in gara sei l'esempio di come ci si dovrebbe comportare.
    Anche se stavamo "lottando" per la posizione, hai visto che c'era un "passo" diverso e mi hai fatto passare.
    Per ben due volte, sia prima che dopo il rifornimento.

Grazie. Wink
    Davvero perfetto. Bravo bravissimo. 2011 - 7 April 2011: Donington Park - Page 3 67322

PS:...addirittura, ti aggiungo, forse potresti essere un pò meno remissivo Wink ...magari con gli altri lol!
    cmq, ottimo, questo è lo spirito giusto !!!!
    Roberto Zanerini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Roberto Zanerini Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Grazie Luca, ma sono remissivo perchè a me interessa arrivare al termine della gara, è la miglior soluzione per fare punti in classifica, pur non essendo veloce ::crying:: (ma non ho il volante) porto a casa la macchina, come si dice. (e sono ottavo in classifica). Ti dirò di più in prova non tento neanche di fare il tempo per non creare ostacoli agli altri in partenza. Però le gare dovrebbero essere più lunghe per dare modo di impostare un passo più "endurance". Altra cosa che non capisco è che il motore non ci molla mai, questo sarebbe un punto in più per gestire la gara in maniera diversa.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I've been always against lower damage. We need clean races, not demolition derby cars.
    If you know that it's easier to survive to a crash, you might risk more.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:35 pm

running 50% or 60% damage will still give a considerable amount of damage with collisions and it COULD help our issue slightly. its always worth a try.
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Yes i think we should give it a try. After all we don't have anything to lose. Just put up a practice server for the weekend with 50% damage in the next combo of osella and we will see how it goes.
    I don't think that everyone will say '' yeah!!! less damage...lets party and crash cheers ''

P.S. Just a reminder about the results for group B that are mistaken Very Happy
    Roberto Zanerini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Roberto Zanerini Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:I've been always against lower damage. We need clean races, not demolition derby cars.
    If you know that it's easier to survive to a crash, you might risk more.

Giustissimo Andrea, però qua alla minima "sportellata" saluti tutti, non penso che nella realtà sia così. Capisco i tamponamenti frontali ma con l'osella anche un contatto laterale non ti lascia scampo.

Andrea absolutely right, but here at least "one stop" Greetings all, I do not think in reality it does. I understand the frontal collisions but also a contact with the Osella side will not let you escape.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:47 am

Chris Kehagias wrote:
    P.S. Just a reminder about the results for group B that are mistaken Very Happy

sorry Chris, I read your post while I was at work and then I forgot about it.
    Could you please tell me what I need to change?
    I need to put you on the 1st place in qual, and then? anything else? is it all fine in the race results?
    I don't know why results are screwed up.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:49 am

Guys, please let us know what do you think about this topic:"contacts and racing incidents: how to judge them?"
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Andrea if you see the results, the times are mistaken and they make no sense. So I don't know if other positions are right or wrong except from my pole position.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 am

Yesterday we had a long team meeting to decide what should be our approach on penalties.
    Please read carefully this topic.
    In the next days we will communicate penalties for the previous races.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 am

After a long discussion on the penalties, we decided to penalized the following drivers.
    We have been quite lax on the way we penalized. In some cases, in fact, if we would have followed our rules blindly some of the drivers would have been penalized even more.
    For us is important that everyone to follow our rules, that we are repeating every race during the briefing and in our forum.

Please note -5 point are really nothing compared to the amount of point you can gain in a race, or to the points the other driver loose in case you kick him out.
    Penalties are just a way for us to remind you that you need to drive carefully. This will help everyone to enjoy our championship and have fun together.

Small note on the incident on the red zone. Incidents in which the other driver gets out of race, will be always penalized.

Newbury
    A
    Norbert_Wolf -5 chat
    Mika_Raymond -5 chat

B
    paolo_taradash -5 chat
    Bernard_Iraci -5 chat
    C
    marco _boni -5 chat
    Francesco_Vocaturo -10 chat
    Giorgio_Mosca -10 chat
    Germano_Cervini -5 chat

Aviano
    B
    George_Stergioulas -10 chat
    Ulus_Ulusalonur -10 chat

C
    Varazdat_Markosyan -10 chat

Crema
    B
    Ulus_Ulusalonur -5 reconnect for repair
    Giorgio_Mosca -5 reconnect for repair
    Marco_Sortino -5 reconnect for repair
    C
    Jussi_Virtanen -5 reconnect for repair

Donington
    B
    Giorgio_Mosca -5 reconnect for repair
    Pavel_Daniluk -5 reconnect for repair

newbury
    B

Aviano
    B
    paolo_taradash -5 reconnect for repair

C
    Simon _Batina -5 reconnect for repair
    Francesco_Vocaturo -5 reconnect for repair
    Varazdat_Markosyan -5 reconnect for repair
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:57 am

we decided to lower the penalty for Luca Seghieri from 10 to 5 for his chat, to align to other penalties.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am