Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
M Waechter
Jeff Paul
Andy Gagarin
7 posters

KS2 lap time at SPA 2010 ?

Andy Gagarin
    Driver
    Driver

KS2 lap time at SPA 2010 ? Empty KS2 lap time at SPA 2010 ?

Post by Andy Gagarin Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm

The fastest time posted at SPA in the KS2 is a 1:41 and change. At other tracks I'm reasonably close, but at SPA my best in 1:55 which is 14 seconds off. That is a huge difference, and even with a much better setup taking 14 seconds of my time just doesn't seem even remotely possible.
    Can anyone shed any light on the matter? Are the best drivers really that much faster at SPA, or am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance for helping resolve my puzzlement.
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

KS2 lap time at SPA 2010 ? Empty Re: KS2 lap time at SPA 2010 ?

Post by Jeff Paul Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

I don't drive the KS2 because I just don't like it to be honest but you probably have to go low downforce and play with the differential and gearing. Plus netkar has some of the fastest drivers around from what I've noticed. lol.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:23 am

I think the top 10 at the Spa-rank must be cheating. Fastest laps there are around 1:52 or 1:53 anything else is impossible (my pb -still with v1.2c- is 1:54.0, driven in the qualy event of the last 2010.4 season).
    Look at their split1 times, just there the top10 are 10 seconds ahead of the normal times (they do 41 - 46 sec., but a normal first splittime is around 55 sec.) :
    Maybe they use an older version of the track where it was possible to drive fast outlaps when starting a hotlap directly out of the pits.. (track-'bug' of taking the timing), must be that kind of thing.
    That explainas such fast first spilt times.
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:43 am

M Waechter wrote:I think the top 10 at the Spa-rank must be cheating. Fastest laps there are around 1:52 or 1:53 anything else is impossible (my pb -still with v1.2c- is 1:54.0, driven in the qualy event of the last 2010.4 season).
    Look at their split1 times, just there the top10 are 10 seconds ahead of the normal times (they do 41 - 46 sec., but a normal first splittime is around 55 sec.) :
    Maybe they use an older version of the track where it was possible to drive fast outlaps when starting a hotlap directly out of the pits.. (track-'bug' of taking the timing), must be that kind of thing.
    That explainas such fast first spilt times.

LOL. They aren't cheating. Seriously guys there are just some fast dudes on netkar. Laughing
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:56 am

for sure thay are Wink, look at Paul O'Brien's average laptime try (1:54.5) with a split of 55sec. -he is a quite fast guy, not the very fastest but fast.. -
    or take also anton juan's normal laptime (1:54.2), this guy is one of the faster drivers also..., I now him well, since I drove some sessions with him on servers.
    It is impossible to drive 14 seconds !! faster than those mentioned fast guys in just the very first split of a track ! Wink

They are using this bug I talked about in the previous post, saving track-lenght in the first sector of the track when just starting out of the box and doing a hotlap, Albert the track creator and some others can tell about this bug also.
    Andy Gagarin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andy Gagarin Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 am

M Waechter wrote:for sure thay are Wink, look at Paul O'Brien's average laptime try (1:54.5) with a split of 55sec. -he is a quite fast guy, not the very fastest but fast.. -
    or take also anton juan's normal laptime (1:54.2), this guy is one of the faster drivers also..., I now him well, since I drove some sessions with him on servers.
    It is impossible to drive 14 seconds !! faster than those mentioned fast guys in just the very first split of a track ! Wink

They are using this bug I talked about in the previous post, saving track-lenght in the first sector of the track when just starting out of the box and doing a hotlap, Albert the track creator and some others can tell about this bug also.

I think you must be right. I also raced against j anton at Spa and he was really fast and gracious enough to give me some tips. Others may be faster but not by 13 seconds when even 1 second is an eternity. If the laps are real I would love to see one on youtube.
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:43 am

Well I've noticed Clive Melbourne's name around here and he is in the top 10 in those times. Maybe someone could just ask him.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 am

Jeff Paul wrote:Well I've noticed Clive Melbourne's name around here and he is in the top 10 in those times. Maybe someone could just ask him.

Yes, might be an idea Smile. I think many of them did perhaps a fast lap that was not a real (full) one but without any intention to 'cheat' / to use this 'track-bug' -it just happened in those cases when they drove out of the pits and did a fast outlap I would say.. .

Must be because of this bug, because otherwise they would also gain much time in the last section of the track -but they don't seem to do there-, becasue there is also a long straight like the first sector mainly consists of.
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 am

I'm quite new to sim racing in general and are not close to the fastest guys, and I can make a 1,52. My team mate in NGP league on RD did the same after not many laps of practice too. I would guess somewhere around 1,48-1,49 would be reasonable for the really fast guys.
    But, just guessing. 1,41 does not sound right though.
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Jeff Paul wrote:Well I've noticed Clive Melbourne's name around here and he is in the top 10 in those times. Maybe someone could just ask him.

Hi guys, I am just as surprised as all of you with the lap times, the first time I noticed my time on the rank I thought it was a bit strange as I don't remember setting that time, so I went on a server to see what time I could do, my best was a 1.51 .
    Only solution is to contact Yaap to clear all lap times for Spa 2010.
    It is clear that these are not correct lap times.
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:53 pm

As we saw during our last race in the 2010 ks2 championship, time are wrong...The system start counting your lap time from the finish line of the pit lane, so coming out from the pit and pushing quite a lot you can do that time...hoping for a fix, I guess all that times will be invalidated and removed from the rank...
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 am

M Waechter wrote:I think the top 10 at the Spa-rank must be cheating.

There is no cheat. Just use the KERS and adjustable rear wing. lol!

I haven't even ever driven KS2 in 2010 Spa. Those are Vintage Crema RSR sector1 times which are mixed up with KS2 Spa 2010. I have posted about this to GPC forum about a month ago. Jaap knows this problem but times are still there. Maybe he forgot. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm