Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

2 posters

I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start?

Tariq Gamil
    Driver
    Driver

I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start? Empty I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start?

Post by Tariq Gamil Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi there. I'd like to get into track converting for nK PRO but I'm not sure where to look to start. I'd like to convert Mondello from GTL to use in nK PRO. I know KOFLite is the track importer\exporter of nK PRO but thats about all I know for track conversion so can anyone point me in the right direction where I can read a tutorial on how to do it? Thank you.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start? Empty Re: I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start?

Post by M Carey Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Tariq. Converting from GTL isn't a brilliant idea (for a first conversion), as the tracks normally need a graphical overhaul. For converting, most people use 3dSimED (there's a 20 day trial period), although there are other tools. Check out this thread for an idea of what's involved. From there you'll need a copy of 3ds Max (30 day trail I think), where you'll detach, rename & remodel. From there it's into KOF where you apply shaders, transparencies, create the start gird/box/pit etc. There are many tutorials in the track development section. It isn't easy, and can be very time consuming, but also very rewarding when you're finally able to play your track in game Smile
    Tariq Gamil
    Driver
    Driver

I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start? Empty Re: I'd like to get into track conversion for nK PRO but where do I start?

Post by Tariq Gamil Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks for the info. Well, starting out, I'd like to do just a pure conversion (no modification of the track). I'm willing to go with older graphics as long as I can get an accurate track layout. I am willing to work on the appearance of tracks at a later stage.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 pm

Well you might need to modify in some cases (as not every conversion or original model's perfect). I agree regarding accuracy, but GPL really is too old for straight conversions. Look for an rFactor conversion, that will probably be updated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm