Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+11
Simon Bevcic-batina
Nino Foresta
Norbert Wolf
Mickael Forestier
Oleg Atiskov
M Waechter
Paul O'Brien
Fabio Grippa
giancarlo graziano
MikaRaymond
Andrea Lojelo
15 posters

24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2

Andrea Lanzino
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 Empty Re: 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2

Post by Andrea Lanzino Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 am

la gara in gruppo A è stata semplicemente fantastica, al di là dell'ordine d'arrivo.
    congratulazioni a Gek ::hola::.
    quindici macchine con una partenza perfetta e veloce, e grande fair play in tutte le situazioni.
    ottimo test anche per il software che ha mostrato di poter reggere anche durante i fantomatici duelli ravvicinati (mi posso sbagliare ma non ho visto nessun effetto Enterprise in pista, sarà che la full mode ha un suo perchè!!)
    Sbalorditivo il senso di immersione in gara.
    Complimenti davvero a tutti.
    Grazie

The race in Group A was simply fantastic, beyond the order of arrival.
    congratulations to Gek ::hola::.
    fifteen machines with a fast and clean start, great fair play in all situations.
    I think this was aGood test for the software that has been shown be solid even during the close duels (I could be wrong but I have not seen any Enterprise effect on track,could be that fullmode was the key!)
    Amazing sense of immersion in race session.
    Congratulations to all
    Many thanks

Last edited by Andrea Lanzino on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 am

replay of groupB -to analyse the errors there:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20040035/FormulaKS2_Mugello_testrace_groupB_cutted+out+early.rar

look from lap 12 onwards something strange happens, as Atisckov crosses the line he is one second later suddenly regarded as the race winner.. and from this moment on the lap counter counts up secondly to 40, then race is over for everyone except Atisckov, who drives on and is not warped back to pits to the warm up session like anyone else -strange- ?

Another thing: My helmet texture is not loaded completely when I load this replay-file, but it is / functions in other replays.
    Also no laptimes are shown in the qualifying before the race, that's not a normal thing too.
    (Maybe the server was a bit confused.., because a lot of drivers on the server were disconnecting and rejoining a 'hundred' of times for some reason in qualy.)

-Sorry M Forestier for this overtaking at at lap 1, I see I was too far behind at this moment.., so noone could expected this try to overtake -I considered that you were slow, so I risked this manouvre, but I was wrong.
    Oleg Atiskov
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oleg Atiskov Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

in race there was 2 times connection lost,, but then return connections,, and then was last connection lost, but i continue driving with this "Connection lost"table on screen more then 10 laps, i finished 20 laps, make pits drive 2 or 3 laps, and then i decide to stop cause it won`t to connect to server, and race with this "Conntction lost" table on screen was hard to drive cause i see nothing
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 Empty good race, but....

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi all

What emotion to drive with the aliens in full mode!!! 1st time for me :-)
    I had no time at all to try 1.3 and the new KS2 on Mugello, so i decided to load the old setup that Gek gave me for the last championship: very bad, the car was bounching like a magic ball on each bump....
    Another problem was yesterday evening i had a very slow framerate, around 40fps, probably due to the fact i didn't restarted the pc before to race (i joined to the chat at 21:15....).
    I decided to try to race in this condition..... i was tooooo happy to drive with you!
    The qual were very bad, last position. I noted an error in the driver list: monti was there 2 times, one with 0 ping in the box, the other driving on the track..... strange
    I did the warmup for 2 laps and i decided to do 1 long stint 30 laps and another short 10 laps.
    In the first 3 laps i was behind you, and i've seen a perfect start: all the drivers mantained their line up to the end of the first lap..... i'm in group A, all of you have a lot of races behind so a lot of experience.....
    I tried to drive clean, discovering lap by lap the new phisic of the KS2 is more stable, so i tried to push a bit, obtaining quite good laps (around 1:30, but with this setup). I was close to Monti and i passed him i think 2 times, and he passed me 1 times.... good battle between two "bradipo" ;-)
    After 15 laps we had the connection of Wolf, coming from Group B to inform us there are problems in the other server: i had a complete freeze of the game, for i think 4-5 seconds. I tried to brake and return to 1st gear, but when the game returns in live, i was in the sand without the wings..... ESC, 10' in the box looking at your times and restart.
    After the freezze, all your car become a blue box, up to the end of the race :-(
    I was 6 laps behind you, so all of you were in race, no possibility to reach you. I tried to let all of you pass me without issue, sometimes braking up to stop my car.
    I was able to finish the race without crash, and it was enough for me.

Conclusion
    - the "full mode" is ok, but to have no info on the status of the race (upper band and red times on the left) is not so good to understand where you are (the board on the box wasn't working yesterday for me, seeing L0 and P0 each time ....)
    - if possible, disable on the server the possibility to connect when the race is on: this can avoid lag like i suffered yesterday
    - for the 1st race of the next champ, perhaps you can manage the entry in order to have a good group A and let to the drivers the possibility to race in group B, if they aren't aliens.... ;-)

- i need a good track engineer who gives me a good setup ;-)

Did you never tested if the damage level Kunos put in the last release solves the problem of flying cars? Perhaps we can decrease this value up to the situation where all the small hit between 2 cars give no problems, but if you hit a wall, you have damage. Kunos perhaps can teach you about.
    I don't know witch damage level was used yesterday.

Last news for you: last week i was able to catch an ASUS GTX460 TOP for 100€ (2nd hand) and i received a new power supply to use with it ..... this weekend something will happen on my pc .... i'm ready for a new heat :-)))))))

Bye
    Marcello

p.s. in v 1.3 i'm not able to see my skin and all of yours. perhaps it can bee a good idea to upload a new skin pack, including all the lest release and a mini tutorial to install and use it (Giancarlo?)
    marco boni
    marco boni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by marco boni Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:28 pm

non ti preoccupare batina no problem,ho dovuto mollare la gara per problemi di pedaliera,non voleva saperne di funzionare decentemente,meno male che ne o trovato una del g25,prossima settimana pedaliera nuova!
    il server a me non dava nessun dato solo la pista e la macchina,boh,
    bisogna parlo per me prenderci la mano sul fullmode,mi sembra interessante,ma i danni erano a 0?
    ciao marco mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 57262
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Yes, my mistake on the damage. I used an old v1.2 configuration as a base for the server config, and I haven't thought about that the damage setting wasn't there.
    I will take care of it next time.

Regarding the option of not allowing people to join during the race, is something that I can certainly set.
    Just bare in mind that if I will do that, there will be no way in, in case you have problems.
    Just let me know what you prefer.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:35 pm

One funny thing that happen to me yesterday.
    I was pushing a lot to catch Oliver. to do that I started to drive a bit more aggressively, to go faster.
    As soon as I did that, my tires started overheating, and after some laps I could definitely tell the difference in terms of grips.
    Pushing too much wasn't helping me anymore because I wasn't anymore in the perfect tire temperature range.
    As a consequence of that, at Arrabbiata 1, I lost the rear of my car, crashing slightly into the walls.

I managed to go back on track, but I still felt that my car wasn't perfect so I decided to pit. There I discover that I had no damage, so I could happily continue.

I discover only today that the reason was because damage was set, by mistake, to 0.
    But I realized once more, how nice is the Full Mode! I was sure that I needed to pit after hitting a barrier.
    I was so sure that I felt that my car wasn't good enough. It was actually perfect, but with overheated and dirty tires.

I've seen very good and fair racing yesterday, and I think this very much related to the Full Mode.
    At the beginning some asked me "what is the damage level?". "100% I said". I think that was enough for everyone to do their best to have a clean clear race!

Long life to the Full Mode!

An by the way, thanks once more to Kunos for this new update on the tyre model. It's absolutely wonderful. Your car changes all the times.
    Andrea Lanzino
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Lanzino Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:48 pm

è un paradosso 0% di damage e una partenza senza contatti
    ma....
    lol!
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 am

eheheheheheh....incidenti??? mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 274234 ??? non se ne sono visti!!!!!!...doc non se ne accorto mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 11976 nessuno in gara... fantastico race whit all of you... mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 67322 mugello - 24 Feb 2011: Mugello KS2 - Page 3 413943 ...!!!!!thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm