Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
MikaRaymond
Vaggelis
Andrea Lojelo
7 posters

Suggestions/Problems/Feedback

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Suggestions/Problems/Feedback Empty Suggestions/Problems/Feedback

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:00 am

Please use this post to give us feedback on our league.
    Thanks a lot for your cooperation
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Suggestions/Problems/Feedback Empty Re: Suggestions/Problems/Feedback

Post by Vaggelis Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 am

I start with my opinions and ill write what polls u can do to see how many guys are here that want champ and with what conditions.
    So,
    If u see the last champ with KS2 u can understand that many guys cant handled many races.
    We started about 80 and in the end we were 30(ok,i had exams thats why i didnt raced..).
    So,from that we can understand that are more people that can handle champs with less races that 10 as it was KS2.So, first of all the champ should have 9 or 8 or less races,or less that 2,5 months(because ks2 was 2,5 months).
    Also,we dont know why many people stoped racing in ks2.If u ask me i founded very dificult to make a setup because i dont have the knowledge and everyday i try to learn.If i had a good setup it would be diferent because me and Chris tryed all week to make setup and many times we were pissed off because we couldnt catch the times of the first guys.So,maybe this would be a reason for some guys that they stopped.My opinion is that we have to post our setups,i know that there are some guys that they know,i will do that in future.We have to help others even if they dont appreciate..the point is that the champ will be competitive.I dont like to pass for example a guy that doesnt have a setup..
    We are not many people in nkpro,and if we keep the setups for ourselves we dont make people come to nkpro comunity.
    I think that most people like to drive more than 1 car.So the champ would be better with less races than 10 and then make another one diferent.Also,everybody wants care so if u think that u cant handled more than 1 champ dont do it.In my opinion i would like so much to run a champ excactly as F1,but because we want to be competitive and have time to practise we cant do that because we will want 1 year as u posted(Andrea).We can simulate for example the real weather thing and maybe other ideas but we cant simulate so many races if we want to have many people,even me that i love it so much i cant race for 1 year the same car and be competitive and have time to practise,i will die! lol
    We can make polls to see what does everyone wants and think is best for the next champ.
    Poll for how many races,for how long till the next race(1 week,2 weeks),for which car..Sry i cant think anything else(pls if some guy has a thought,pls post it).
    (If i have anything new idea ill post it)

At last i think that nkpro cimmunity started to become bigger so we have to make the bases for the future.
    Pls anyone that want to post his thought about something to have a better champ that most people like it,pls post.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:45 am

CALENDAR - SPRING CHAMP
    10 march - Bahrain
    17 march - Melbourne
    31 march - Shanghai
    07 april - Istanbul
    21 april - Cataluyna 2010
    28 april - Monaco
    12 may - Valencia
    19 may - Silverstone 2010

CALENDAR - SUMMER CHAMP
    15 june - Hockenheimring
    22 june - Budapest
    7 july - Spa 2010
    14 july - Monza
    28 july - Singapore
    4 aug - Suzuka

RACE EVENT
    Qualification - 20 Minutes
    Race - 1 hour with mandatory pit-stop

NOTES
    Full Mode
    Weather conditions based on live weather conditions
    1/3 final laps deducted with >30% rain

this
    is basically my summary and opinion of what should be done. most of the
    points are fantastic - i agree with 80% of them, however the
    other 20% i dont agree on and i feel they are a big issue and are very
    important.

trying to simulate the f1 calendar is a good idea - using the tracks
    in the same order is great, but having so many races spread out over
    most
    of the year will turn many people off. look at the recent champ where
    we started with 80 drivers and finished with only 2 servers. i think you
    should split them up into 3 seperate champs, having a seperate winner
    for each
    one with a 1/2 month break inbetween them. this gives people the chance to
    rest and decide whether they would like to continue in the next champ
    or switch over to the osella. if you leave it the way it is, we will
    have people joining and leaving whenever they want, which is not what we
    want. we want the same people to race in every event in order to create
    a fun, exciting and challenging championship.

i have been reading around and according to my knowledge, some people say they dont mind
    waiting 1 week between events and some people prefer waiting 2 weeks. to
    keep this even, why not have a 2 week, 1 week, 2 week, 1 week
    break between races? we will still race on thursday night and also means you can interleave this with the osella champ.

its
    pretty simple about the race layout with full mode, real live-time
    weather and such, but the reason i say "1/3 final laps deducted with
    >30% rain" is because its twice as mentally draining racing for 1
    hour in wet-weather conditions. you need twice as much concentration and
    it will tire people out, causing them to become very bored very fast. i
    suggest racing for only 35 or 40 minutes because of this.

Vaggelis Theodoridis wrote:
    Also,we dont know why many people
    stoped racing in ks2.If u ask me i founded very dificult to make a setup
    because i dont have the knowledge and everyday i try to learn.If i had a
    good setup it would be diferent because me and Chris tryed all week to
    make setup and many times we were pissed off because we couldnt catch
    the times of the first guys.So,maybe this would be a reason for some
    guys that they stopped.My opinion is that we have to post our setups,i
    know that there are some guys that they know,i will do that in future.We
    have to help others even if they dont appreciate..the point is that the
    champ will be competitive.I dont like to pass for example a guy that
    doesnt have a setup..

i do know where youre coming and its a good idea. however if you look at
    it from my position, i spend 12+ hours creating a setup, testing,
    making small tweaks to make the car perfect and someone who will sit
    around doing nothing is going to wait for me, gek, vanore, you and
    anyone else to post them up. this means all my time spent working on the
    car will be another guys 5 minutes to download the set and be just as
    fast. perhaps "base setups" shall be created and uploaded to nkworld
    where drivers can download them and be within 2seconds already. lets not
    forget this is a competitive champ where drivers have to find the time
    to work on the car, do their research and some testing at the very least. after all, they shouldnt be racing here if they
    arent dedicated and too lazy to do their homework Wink

ill add any thoughts as the week progresses Smile
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:17 am

I see ur point Mika.Its right.I just want to make the community bigger thats why i said about posting setups.Maybe its better to post at least a base setup so we give chances to everyone to have a start.
    Also,we can simulate the 3 quals that in real F1 has.Theres no need to have 30 minutes quals.We can do 3 quals each of them has for example 3 laps and everyone can make mistakes if he feels pressure that he has to do in those 3 laps his best! Now if we have 30 minutes everyone can make his best time.
    With 3 quals we give chances to everyone! Maybe i crash,maybe i find another car in front of me maybe this maybe that! U see my point?
    Also in the race we have to put more laps,many laps so we can make more than 1 pitstop.Dont have mandotary.Its our job to think witch strategy to follow.For example put laps that want 1 full fuel and 3 more laps.The strategys will be:
    Use full fuel till the end and for some laps i have to change gears faster to save fuel for the 3 last laps.
    Make 1 pitstop.(setup for 1 pitstop)
    Make 2 pitstop.(setup for 2 pitstops).
    Also,about the weather thing,its our job to see whats going on,on the track that we are goin to race.For example we race in Sepang,we have to see the hole time hows the weather there and decide how we are goin to prepare.Pls dont remind us that its sunny for example and we will race in dry condition.When the time comes and u put the servers online,THEN check the conditions and put the weather! Maybe some people trained with 20% rain...but in the race has 40%!!!

We have to give more chances to everyone and make the feeling that noone is for sure that will win!
    With the full mode everything will be better and u will not have to use any replay if someone crashed...U will save time and everyone will be more carefull.
    Also,if comes time that u have to give penalty...Give it this time! Dont be good.If something happens and violates the rules then penalty.Its not that im bad..Its that we try to simulate everything even if its me or u or anyone.Penalty its penalty.

(if i think something more ill post it)
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:25 am

I thought Very Happy
    If u want u can make a poll first of all if people want a champ with diferent car and track every race.
    For example
    1 race:KS2 @ spa
    2 race:osella @ aviano
    and so on..
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:10 am

My opinion is that posting an 'alien setup' will not be a competition-problem for the aliens, because in my case in the end I will always tend to get back to my own setup style (or type) since setups of aliens are not
    driveable or comfortable enough on longer stints for 'usual drivers' Very Happy .

At least we should communictae a bit more about basic things like topspeed, wing settings and maybe other basic stuff we (especially fast drivers) will use at a certain track, so that everyone get's an idea how the setup has to look like without testing 12 hours (like Mika, ... Wink ), because not everyone always has the time to test out evey little wing setting and so on.. .
    Otherwise it will end up in some strange situations in the race sometimes: For example I thought the A1 Ring is a less downforce track.., so I always used just 1 rear wing, which lead in some unexpected situations in races, because cars were not, too less similar, completely different setted up.. , later I found out that most used quite a high downforce setting.
    So it might be better for everyone who races to get known about topspeeds of the others for example to have as a conclusion of this 'better', cleaner races.

Like Vaggelis mentioned I think too that to split up the 20 tracks into more than just one whole champ. is a better and more enjoyable way, because I doubt too that everyone will stay to the end of the champ. which would be a necessary pre-condition of starting a real / serious championship.., it will hardly ever happen (there would be unfortunately again too much.who will suddenly quit and then the champ. will not be 'serious enough' anymore).

-Another small thing regarding the Osella league: I think the extremely short qualification is a bit too short. I like the idea of having a shorter qualification with the Osella, but it should supply enough time to make 9 laps (out- and inlap still included), so that you might be able to do three pure hotlaps for example. 15-18 min. or something around that (depends of course on the particular track lenght).
    I think setting up things like this suggestion, a bit more relaxed.. supplies more fun ! Because there is no need to stretch everything out to the limit / mean don't make it too difficult / too demanding on the nerves Wink.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:08 am

Guys, just to make it clear, the KS2 series is already divided in 3, with 2 weeks between the end of one season and the beginning of the next.

The fact of having the classification of the 3 season combined together, is just a plus. Just to give 3 more trophies to the drivers that scored more points.
    Each KS2 season is independent from the other. Each season starts with 0 points for everyone and finish with 3 drivers champions and 3 teams champions.

From the other side, if we will see that KS2 series will become boring, we might end up changing our mind and about the following series.
    At the moment only the 1st ks2 series is confirmed.

Maybe it was a mistake to present the championship this way, showing already what we might do later on.

For now we just thought about this long term plan, but obviously everything can change in a year, and we might end up changing our long term plan if people will not like the idea, or if we will have something more interesting to do.

I like some of the suggestions you gave. We will speak about it in the team.

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Vaggelis - the only problem with having multiple qualifying sessions is the lack of a "grid tool" which is why there is only one qualification session. if we had the ability to manually place the grid then it would be possible and probably be used, but as we dont, one session is the easiest and least confusing thing to do at this stage Smile
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Also,i think because of the problem of collision in nkpro it would be better not to use tracks like Adelaide,Monaco...U saw what happened in ks2 series...
    I think its not time to use this track with KS2..maybe other cars yes.My opinion is to avoid tight tracks for ks2
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Vaggelis Theodoridis wrote:Also,i think because of the problem of collision in nkpro it would be better not to use tracks like Adelaide,Monaco...U saw what happened in ks2 series...
    I think its not time to use this track with KS2..maybe other cars yes.My opinion is to avoid tight tracks for ks2

gee i never noticed .... lol! . But I think the collision problem happens no matter what track you are on .. there are always tight sections .. Its a shame to throw away these races just because of the collision bug.
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vaggelis Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:10 pm

I said that because of the ks2...not the tracks..Because it has to be the data transfer fast..With other cars because their speed its slower we dont have these awfull crashes like ks2.We can avoid big crashes..
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 pm

We just need to be a little bit more careful!

Hopefully Kunos sooner or later will fix these bugs.
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

Suggestions/Problems/Feedback Empty .... i'm not happy with this proposal

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi all, hi Andrea

NB: this is only my opinion.
    I started with you with my 1st on-line championship with the last KS2 series. One race per week it was too much, at the end i was really tired. in the various groups i passed (D, C, B, i missed group A for a bit), i had the possibility to meet a lot of drivers, some of them become my friends.
    Now you propose 2 different series, i'm sure this wonderful group will divide in 2 sub groups and i'll loose some of you. I'm tempted to subscribe to the 2 series, but i'm sure i have no time to prepare each race and to confirm my presence for each race.
    I preferred only one series, with 2 weeks between each race, with all the drivers i know in the entry list....
    This is my opinion

Bye
    Marcello

p.s. you are great and continue with this wonderful work!!!!
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

Suggestions/Problems/Feedback Empty entry list suggestion

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Andrea

in the last KS2 champ i remember in some races some drivers do not allocated up to a few minutes before the start of the briefing and it was difficult to understand in witch group we had to race. To solve this issue i ask you if it's possible to use this procedure:

- standard allocation procedure up to 1 hours (20:00) before the start of the briefing
    - in the last hour, automatic "NO" for all the others, including the "possibly", and only possibility, for the allocated racers to unsubscribe from the event.

This can semplify the management of the groups.

ciao
    Marcello
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 pm

that would be a very nice idea, but unfortunately it isn't implemented in gpcos. I think it's would be a very nice if everyone will stick to these basic rules.
    Oleg Atiskov
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Oleg Atiskov Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:26 am

Guys!!!! PLZ!!! HElp me!!!!!I`m a license driver in NKP (i buy license). a couple days i driving ok on different servers (even on mugello on this server in race group b) but now i dont see any servers at all!!!Im entered the game refreshing but NOTHING!!! server 0/1... NO SERVERS!!!But if i create a new driver (without license) so i can drive only F1600, i see servers OK!!!How to fix this?? How to drive under my license driver name???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm