Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+5
Andrea Lojelo
Gary Levy
Fernando Zart
M Carey
Andrew Scott
9 posters

nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues

Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues Empty nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues

Post by Andrew Scott Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 am

Hi guys, I was testing all the addon circuits in 1.3 beta1, I found that Silverstone and Oschersleben Full and Short Tracks dont show any objects or graphics.

Brands Hatch on the other hand is like "a negative" its all blacked out, but all the objects are their.

I did notice that the cars mirror reflection showed everything as normal. I was testing with the vintage.

All other tracks loaded just fine.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues Empty Re: nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues

Post by M Carey Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Just tested Osch' & Silverstone & they're fine for me. Only issue with Brands Hatch's when you spawn with the Vintage your thrown forward Smile
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:10 pm

M Carey wrote:Just tested Osch' & Silverstone & they're fine for me. Only issue with Brands Hatch's when you spawn with the Vintage your thrown forward Smile

Same here.
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:14 am

Hmmm, bizzare, I have no idea whats creating the issues for me then, Im running a ATI HD 5850 and I have the latest drivers, never had this in v1.2, thinking I'll reinstall those 3 tracks, cant hurt.

Let you know how I get on.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:19 am

ATi here too Smile
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:06 am

M Carey wrote:ATi here too Smile

AND it is a 5850 Smile ... if the other tracks aren't showing issues, it's hardly a driver fault, maybe reinstalling the tracks... question: did you a clean install of 1.3?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:14 am

No, 3470, I just didn't want you to laugh at me Very Happy
    Gary Levy
    Gary Levy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Levy Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 am

Here's an updated nkrefs file to fix the spawn issue at Brands Hatch :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ukmx70lwy9zqwr
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:11 pm

M Carey wrote:No, 3470, I just didn't want you to laugh at me Very Happy
    Hi M Carey, no laughing here (if it ain't broken, don't fix it).
    It was only to tell Andrew that both of us have AMD (ATI), and that I also have a 5850 like him, and no issues.
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks Gary for the update. This track is one of my favourites, and with the vintage it is even better!! Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 am

Fernando Zart wrote:Hi M Carey, no laughing here (if it ain't broken, don't fix it).
    I would, if it wasn't a laptop & built-in Razz
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 am

Me again Smile
    Thanks for the spawn fix Gary, much appreciated mate, I'll apply it soon Smile

I did a full fresh install of 1.3, so I could preserve 1.2, just in case, as Ive read some people were having issues with CTD on Windows7.
    Okay my issues with Ochersleben are sorted, I think, I reloaded the track but still no graphics, so I exited the car (F11) and BINGO all back to normal, but I have to exit (F11) each time I load the track, lol.

Brands and Silverstone are still the same, see pics, I can still drive on it on Brands, well kinda, it's a little hard to see the tarmac, lol.

[img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues BrandsHatch_02_13_[/img]Brands

[img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues BrandsHatch_2_02_13_[/img]Brands

[img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues _silverstone_02_13[/img]
    Silverstone
    Notice the mirrors images are full reflections, so I'm thinking its a driver issue? I updated them via STEAMS ATi update, so its back to AMD for the Driver download.

I'll reinstall the ATi Catalyst drivers just as a precaution, Ive not had any issues with them prior to this, but you never know.

EDIT; Installed Catalyst 11.1 no change, and its only the Vintage that has the problem as far as I can tell, if I load the Osella I have no issues with these tracks it's getting weird affraid haha.

Last edited by Andrew Scott on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 am

Further update;

I tested all the cars at Brands Hatch and found that the Ftarget, F2000, F1800 and F1600 all have the same issues, but the KS2, Abarth and Osella are fine, it's bizzarrrrrrrrrrre What a Face
    I took some more screenies but this time I didn't alter the names, just re-saved them as JPEG all the pics are as is.
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_Formula1600_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_50_16[/img]
    F1600
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_Formula1800_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_51_00[/img]
    F1800
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_Formula2000_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_52_14[/img]
    F2000
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_FTarget_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_48_41[/img]
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_FTarget_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_48_52[/img]
    Ftarget
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_vintage_BrandsHatch_02_15_08_24_30[/img]
    Vintage
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_osella_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_53_39[/img]
    Osella
    [img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NkScr_FormulaKS2_BrandsHatch_02_15_12_53_16[/img]
    KS2

Any Theories yet Question
    It's got me beat, the fact that the Osella and KS2 are ok is bewildering to say the least, Suspect confused
    I was thinking of doing a reinstall of 1.3 on my rF hard drive, see if theres any change or difference, maybe its a driver conflict with something in my PC, I recently upgraded my Hard Drive to 1Tb, so I did a fresh install of Windows7 and everything else I use, but cant see it creating this type of error, TBH.

At least the spawn fix worked Very Happy thanks Gary.

Anyway, keep ya posted on any updates.

Last edited by Andrew Scott on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 am

I reinstalled 1.3 on a different h/drive and installed all the tracks individually and I still have the same problem with Brands Hatch and silverstone.
    I got no problems with these circuits on 1.2, they are perfect and work with no issues, and never had any probs till 1.3.
    Oh well, no big loss, its not like nKPro is the only game I have, dont think I'll be playing it much anyway, its gotten boring, theres no racing to suit AUSTRALIAN time zones, and its no fun trying to stay up till 4am just to race.

Thanks for your help.
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 am

Andrew, I'm surprised as you about your weird problem... but it seems that something is missing in the memory after loading the tracks... it's like something wasn't "activated", since you say that you leave the car (F11) and then everything works... must be related to the way that 1.3 loads tracks. This is a beta, and things may change a lot until final release, so don't throw the towel yet. :)If you use ATI video card, there is a new driver (11.2). You may have better luck with it... sorry not being more helpful than this, but it is a pity seeing netkar users loosing interest in the sim. I live in Brazil and for me it's a little better in terms of time zone.

EDIT: have you tried to update your Framework version? Original netkar requires version 2 (if I'm not mistaken). Perhaps this later version uses something more recent. Other people may haven't noticed (like me) because they already have newer versions installed.
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 am

Fernando many thanks for the positive outlook track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues 361709
    I havn't totally given up, there must be a logical solution as to why this is occuring on just 2 circuits.
    I run windows 7 so netfx2 is part of the OS, I have dotnetFX4 installed and the latest DirectX drivers, I also updated my HD5850 to the new 11.2 Catalyst drivers after reading your last post.
    Ive actually uninstalled all nKPro versions and just installed 1.3, and cut the netKar PRO file out of documents, forcing the game to set all new configs etc.
    I then loaded just the 3 tracks that Im having issues with and tested them again using default skins, heres what I got,

Silverstone: Abarth, KS2 and Osella loaded with no issues at all.
    F1600, F1800, Ftarget and KSVintage load without objects and textures, or there invisible as the pitbox walls are still where they should be.
    F2000 loades without objects etc untill using the F11 key, then all appears as normal.

Oschersleben Full and short; The Abarth, F1600, KS2 and Osella all loaded immediately, no issues.
    F1800, F2000, Ftarget and KS Vintage needed the F11 key pressed then all appeared as normal, I need to do this each time I load the track.

Brands Hatch; Abarth, KS2 and the Osella load without errors.
    F1600, F1800, Ftarget and the Vintage all have the negative affect with partial object and materials loaded.
    F2000 was ok after using the F11 key.

I used the F11 on each car and track if they didnt render up immediately.
    There's a common pattern if you look at silverstone and brands, the Abarth, KS2 and Osella loaded perfectly on each track, the F16,F18, Ftarget and KSVintage had issues with these tracks, the F2000 I was able to use F11 to fix it on each track. still very strange but I will find a solution.
    I will re-install 1.2 to see if I have simular issues with the same tracks, this will eliminate video card and driver issues being the cause of the errors, I hope. But like I said earlier, never had any graphic issues with any game like this before.
    Its just wierd that I seem to be alone with this problem, as far as I know anyway, Im going to install 1.3 on another PC with a Nvidia based card.

My PC,
    Gigabyte X48-DS4, Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz CPU cooled via a TT BigWater 745 watercooler, 4x1Gb 1066Mhz ram, Sapphire ATi HD5850 Graphics card, Corsair TX750 power supply all housed in a CoolerMaster HAF332 Fulltower.
    Might not be the latest tech, but still plenty of gameing power. Laughing
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:31 am

did you tried switching off the VSync? can you make a screenshot of your game video configuration settings?
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Andrea, I have tried with Vsync on and off, Ive used default video settings too and still no change, my current video setting are:

[img]track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues NKProVideosettings[/img]

Also discovered today after re-installing 1.2 that its now having the same errors with the same tracks, so it must be an issue within my PC,
    at this point all I can think of that may create these issues is the lack of dotnetFX 3.5 as this is the only thing I didnt re-install after formatting and installing a new H/Drive, didnt think I would need to install it as dotnetFX4 was available.
    Do I need FX3.5 installed?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Andrew Scott on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 pm

As far as I know, dotNET versions aren't superseded by newer versions (they can be run side by side), so I would try this. Doesn't hurt, and nkpro may use some specific 3.5 function. (I'm just speculating)
    Anyway, I've noticed that your video settings are way conservative compared to mine: I too have an HD5850, and my settings are:

track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues Settings

Running in Win7, 32bit, 4Gb RAM, Q6600 @ 3Ghz, in ATITOOLS I'm using multisample for AA filter and supersample for AA mode, application controlled - and mirrors and shadows definitions are doubled in the .ini file. With all this, I'm always around 150~250 fps, according the track and number of cars.
    Did notice that you don't run in fullscreen, too. Try it (this error is so weird that you should try this, just in case).

Last edited by Fernando Zart on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit video settings specs)
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Fernando, thanks for the info on dotnet, I tried to install 3.5 today, but alas, windows refuses to respond and I think it's due to netFX4 being installed, as far as I know there is no way to uninstall netFX, which means formatting the C drive and starting again from scratch with 3.5 being a priority install. I defenitely had netfx3.5 installed on my previous H/Drive, and Im thinking its the cause of the errors.

The video settings I used were purely for safe testing, I normally run fullscreen with antialias @ 8x and all sliders maxed as you do, I also had fullscreen off, so I could take the (rather poor) screenshot for Andrea.

Cheers, and many thanks for your time.
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:22 pm

Well well, Im dumbfounded track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues 274234 track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues 29413 , PROBLEM SOLVED. track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues 271945 Embarassed

I cant believe it, I put my Video settings to 8x Antialias and maxed all sliders and set to fullscreen as I normally do and BINGO all is good again in netKar land. I still cant fathom why running conservative video settings would cause such issues within a few circuits, why not all circuits, seeing as there all built with KOFlite. Obviously there must be a high level of graphic detail and rendering occuring on these tracks to produce all the textures and objects etc that make them up into the complete track, especially Brands Hatch, Im wondering if it was made with high res objects etc?

Oh well, I knew it would be sorted eventually, glad I didnt have to format my H/D track - nKP1.3 Addon Track Issues 608807 . It was a frustrating few days, at least I learnt that you dont need dotnetFX3.5 installed.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions, much appreciated.

Last edited by Andrew Scott on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Glad to hear that.
    After your post, I started to mess with AA settings, experimenting with different settings (filter, mode, etc).
    Following the tip on another thread (don't remember which one), I'm trying to get a good compromise between graphic quality and game response, because netkar reads/sends wheel infomation between every screen (so fps have a huge impact on your control capacity). I used to race with VSync (I'm using trackir, and this avoids tearing) and lots of AA (both filter and mode) before, but I saw a huge improvement on handling going from 60fps to more than 200 when I lowered things and let go the vsync. Right now I'm trying to see what is the "low barrier", where I can still experiment great control AND best graphics possible. I'm aiming to achieve around 140 steady... I guess there will be no sensible difference above this, except for visual?
    Andrew Scott
    Andrew Scott
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrew Scott Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:39 am

I dont tend to tinker with my settings, if its running well and looks tight with no lag I'm happy, lol. And as I dont race online I have no need to tweak things to improve game performance. But sounds like your onto something with the Trackir, I have looked at it a few times now, but cant warrant the purchase, if I was in a league and racing online on a regular basis, then maybe.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:53 am

I have a similar issue (since 1.2) to do with running lower settings, when I'm approaching the crest of a hill I sometimes won't see the texture, then it'll appear once I arrive. On the way up to Ascari (at Monza) is one example of where this happens, but not to anyone else it seems :s

You can always try FreeTrack Andrew. I couldn't get a webcam to work with it, but others have:

I had a funny experience regarding FFB the other night. My wheel was going crazy after joining a server, rotating from left to right by itself, then I realised I hadn't plugged my laptop into the mains and doing so fixed it Razz
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:51 am

Andrew Scott wrote:... if I was in a league and racing online on a regular basis, then maybe.

Andrew, rest assured that once you try it, you're hooked. I play with trackir since version 4, racing and flying, both online and offline. Can't play games anymore without it.
    Freetrack seems to be the an interesting alternative, because it is DIY (do it yourself) and cheaper than Trackir, but with same results (?)
    Try one of these two - I bet you won't regret.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm