Online Sim Racing netKar PRO


    top priority bugs to be fixed

    Share
    avatar
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 1076
    Join date : 2010-04-20

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by M Carey on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 pm

    I powerslide in 3rd gear, through the Parabolica Very Happy I think a fair test would be a GP2 driver, with real life setup parameters on a laser-scanned track. So I'll kidnap Mike Conway (who's familiar with the nKPro engine), someone more intelligent than me can work out a script for reading the FVA archive (I still think it's possible), and we can use one of BoNI's MDCBox setups & see what happens*

    * it'll be worth the subsequent prison sentence just to end this argument Smile
    avatar
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 634
    Join date : 2009-11-06
    Age : 66
    Location : Rouen

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by laurent resende on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:17 pm

    with traction control in F1!! lol
    avatar
    Raúl Expósito
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 157
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 26

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Raúl Expósito on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:37 am

    Serious mistake to solving.

    The shade of the missing pieces they appear.
    avatar
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 186
    Join date : 2010-04-08
    Age : 35
    Location : Russia, Moscow

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Sergey Moskovkin on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:22 am

    Sergey Moskovkin wrote:- fix long netKar PRO start.
    lol guys, I was talking about delay between clicking the netKar PRO icon and appearing the window with drivers profiles. It takes 8 seconds for me.

    The simulation itself (when I join to some session) loads pretty fast.

    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 755
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Location : Germany

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by M Waechter on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:03 am

    Sergey Moskovkin wrote:
    Sergey Moskovkin wrote:- fix long netKar PRO start.
    lol guys, I was talking about delay between clicking the netKar PRO icon and appearing the window with drivers profiles. It takes 8 seconds for me.


    Once as I had an install of NKPro under Windows 7 I discovered the same thing as you: With Windows7 it takes around 8 seconds until the profiles / login screen appears... .
    But under WindowsXP it starts somehow a lot faster than under Windows7. In WinXP it starts almost immediadely. Don't know what the reason is why it takes so long in Win7.
    avatar
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 186
    Join date : 2010-04-08
    Age : 35
    Location : Russia, Moscow

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Sergey Moskovkin on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 am

    Maybe I should fill a bug to Microsoft instead of Kunos? rabbit
    avatar
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 am

    M Waechter wrote:
    Sergey Moskovkin wrote:
    Sergey Moskovkin wrote:- fix long netKar PRO start.
    lol guys, I was talking about delay between clicking the netKar PRO icon and appearing the window with drivers profiles. It takes 8 seconds for me.


    Once as I had an install of NKPro under Windows 7 I discovered the same thing as you: With Windows7 it takes around 8 seconds until the profiles / login screen appears... .
    But under WindowsXP it starts somehow a lot faster than under Windows7. In WinXP it starts almost immediadely. Don't know what the reason is why it takes so long in Win7.
    I'm using Win7, and it's as fast as in XP for me.


    _________________
     

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Martin Hussey on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 pm

    I'm not sure on this, but i THINK netkar checks the licence on every startup. I've found it takes much longer to start when i'm not connected to the net. If i'm correct, perhaps something is stopping the licence check on your system, which slows down the startup.
    avatar
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 1076
    Join date : 2010-04-20

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by M Carey on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:57 pm

    Odd, with Vista normally it's quick, but sometimes it can take a while if my computer's having one of its drunk moments.

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Martin Hussey on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

    I thought vista was a drunk moment... Razz
    avatar
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by MikaRaymond on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:03 pm

    win7 uses more resources than XP. of course it matters on your system hardware too. also, the less crap you have installed on your pc the faster programs / apps load. try uninstalling anything you dont use and things should start feeling a bit nippy in general Smile
    avatar
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 1076
    Join date : 2010-04-20

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by M Carey on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 pm

    With Vista it’s ridiculous, normally it runs fine, but sometimes you open a folder or start a program and it has to think about it for a while :s

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Martin Hussey on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm

    MikaRaymond wrote:win7 uses more resources than XP. of course it matters on your system hardware too. also, the less crap you have installed on your pc the faster programs / apps load. try uninstalling anything you dont use and things should start feeling a bit nippy in general Smile

    7 caches programs to memory, to speed up load times on programs you use frequently. So while it appears to be resource hungry, its really just trying to be helpful. If the system NEEDS the resources, it will clear it.

    Thats my understanding of it, anyway. I've found 7 to be much quicker than XP ever was, and i used a stripped down version of XP.

    EDIT: I do get the occasional slow down. But thats down to my dvd drive bugging and making things go a bit wonky.

    Steve Crawnshaw
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 62
    Join date : 2011-01-02

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Steve Crawnshaw on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:34 pm

    Has anybody been able to trake screen shots? Mine doesn't seem to work.

    Also at trento the right rear tire on the osello has white spots on each side of the tire.
    avatar
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 634
    Join date : 2009-11-06
    Age : 66
    Location : Rouen

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by laurent resende on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:50 pm

    Windows 7 is actually more resource intensive, but much better manages memory and other components of the PC, it's a fantastic OS, more the amount of memory can be managed in 64-bit regardless of the total QUANTITY embedded on the PC
    Windows XP 32-bit version only ran from 3.5 gigabytes max

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Martin Hussey on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 pm

    laurent resende wrote:Windows 7 is actually more resource intensive, but much better manages memory and other components of the PC, it's a fantastic OS, more the amount of memory can be managed in 64-bit regardless of the total QUANTITY embedded on the PC
    Windows XP 32-bit version only ran from 3.5 gigabytes max

    Thats 3.5gb until you put a 1gb gfx card in. Then it drops to 3gb. 512mb RAID card drops that to 2.5gb. You get the point Razz

    In my opinion, Win7 is Microsofts greatest achievement. Yes, thats a short list. But its still just as important Very Happy
    avatar
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 634
    Join date : 2009-11-06
    Age : 66
    Location : Rouen

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by laurent resende on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:28 pm

    quite agree with you Martin, bravo Windows Seven
    avatar
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 1076
    Join date : 2010-04-20

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by M Carey on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm

    Martin Hussey wrote:In my opinion, Win7 is Microsofts greatest achievement. Yes, thats a short list. But its still just as important Very Happy
    That's a bit like saying our first child was Charlie Manson, and our second Mother Teresa, aren't we good parents Razz
    avatar
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 634
    Join date : 2009-11-06
    Age : 66
    Location : Rouen

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by laurent resende on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:36 pm

    lol!!!!!I start with windows 311 it seems, have an installation with floppy

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Martin Hussey on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:52 pm

    M Carey wrote:
    Martin Hussey wrote:In my opinion, Win7 is Microsofts greatest achievement. Yes, thats a short list. But its still just as important Very Happy
    That's a bit like saying our first child was Charlie Manson, and our second Mother Teresa, aren't we good parents Razz

    Well i wouldnt go THAT far. Manson and Josef Fritzl, perhaps.

    Seven is no Mother Teresa. The fact that you can pay ~£300 for Ultimate and still not technically own it takes off any innocence. But then, thats been the same since the dawn of time with M$. so mleh.
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Fernando Zart on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 am

    Hi guys, this thread's idea is good, but it is becoming hard to keep track of suggestions due to the replies. Is there a way to "edit" a single list in order to concentrate only the suggestions? And maybe create a "bug" list (causes the game to crash, become unplayable, etc), and a "correction/update" list (improvements).I have one regarding the vintage, it's not a "bug", and I don't know if anyone else has noticed it - it's more like an annoyance: the driver's position is located slighty to the right of the wheel's center. I don't know if the real corvette (the vintage was based on that or is purely a fantasy car borrowing the look?) has the driver's seat in that position, but it would be nice to have the wheel centered on the view.
    EDIT: Maybe someone knows what file to tweak to correct the starting "head" position?
    avatar
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 634
    Join date : 2009-11-06
    Age : 66
    Location : Rouen

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by laurent resende on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:44 am

    Ultimate version 7 is useless for us poor player,the pro is more than sufficient

    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 273
    Join date : 2010-08-06
    Age : 28

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Martin Hussey on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:53 am

    laurent resende wrote:Ultimate version 7 is useless for us poor player,the pro is more than sufficient

    I'll agree with you there, but i wasnt the one paying for it. So who's going to argue? Very Happy
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Fernando Zart on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:57 am

    Steve Crawnshaw wrote:Also at trento the right rear tire on the osello has white spots on each side of the tire.
    And the shadows doesn't change the car's shine when you pass by. But I think this is track related, only.
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Fernando Zart on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:11 am

    Gosh, all day trying to race online and every race ends with CTD - netkarNT.exe. It seems that 1.3 is a no go for me... Sad
    (Osellas in Prato are a BLAST!! )

    Sponsored content

    Re: top priority bugs to be fixed

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm