Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+70
facu88
Tomas Torasen
Dean Lawrence
Victor Villanueva
Diego Doni
stefano schivari
Giovanni Tedde
Jaap Wagenvoort
Sergio Marques
Andrea Candini
Gary Munson
Jose Canseco
Wally Masterson
Juan-garcia
Antonio Lallo
lihandball
Simon Bevcic-batina
Cédric Lagneau
andi goodwin
Gianluca Bonifacio
Sergey Moskovkin
Luca Orsetti
Stan
Piers Structures
adam farmer
Olivier Boissel
Ferran_sanson
Kristijan Jalovec Perusko
Maarten Steverink
Fernando Zart
Leonardo Ratafia
Luke Dykstra
Chris Kehagias
Jeff Paul
Oliver Kreuer
mmoro
M Waechter
Jim Michels
Andrea Lanzino
Miro Tuutijärvi
Clive Melbourne
Francesco Meola
henrizio
Lars Scheving
Rodolfo
Vitaliano polito
mario gilles
marco boni
Nestor Martin
Ruben Grueira
Albert McSaltens
René Lorig
laurent resende
davide zardin
Attilio Barba
Michele Campini
giancarlo graziano
Marcello Gabrielli
Paul O'Brien
Martin Hussey
MikaRaymond
Vaggelis
Radek Pól
alexcand
Raúl Expósito
M Carey
Steve Crawnshaw
Andrea Lojelo
paul thomas
Marco Calesella
74 posters

1.3.0 Beta incoming

Stan
    Driver
    Driver

1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 18 Empty Re: 1.3.0 Beta incoming

Post by Stan Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm

@: M Waechter.

I agree with you about the first meters and the perfect clutch, but I'm not talking of the 0-100km/h in 2 seconds as "the best that I have reached", it's an average as is a simulation; and this average is simply too high and it could be lower (as the top speed).
    But if I have to classify this problem/bug list, the too high downforce will come first of course, the above's are more tunings.

S.
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Stan wrote:

But if I have to classify this problem/bug list, the too high downforce will come first of course, the above's are more tunings.

I agree. I always thought that the adjustment of the wings should be more limited on the KS2.
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 pm

lots of testing going on today!! Very Happy
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Very Happy ........yea!!!... and whit a Cool big Boss Cool too....

1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 18 Nkscrformula2000newbury

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
    Ferran_sanson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ferran_sanson Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 am

guys did you tested the formula 1600 1800? are they still like spiders? or has been fixed the ride height of the remote cars?
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 am

when a camera was on the ventilator as in F1?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Someone knows where I could download the ReleaseCandidate version for some testing ? thx
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:17 am

Marco, the Release Candidate is available only for a very restricted group of people, and it's not publically available.
    Only with a restricted group is possible to have a short releasing cycle.

We are currently testing the new version, and Kunos is working extremely hard to close the defects we are finding.

It's just incredible how much Kunos is able to change his "baby" day by day. We can see huge steps on every internal release he makes.

We are currently really happy about the latest progress. Collisions improved really a lot from the video you saw some months ago (that was already a huge step compared to the v1.3 beta).

Same for the feeling of the car and the force feedback. He made changes in many different departments, and cars are now even nicer to drive.

So far, so good!
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:31 am

aaaactually. Beta testing works a LOT faster with more people. Thats why beta software even exists. Beta has very much lost its meaning with developers getting the word 'beta' confused with 'not finished'. I dont really consider netKar actually in beta. However the current patch that you are testing, is.

There are no real active channels for bug reporting unless you speak italian and frequent the forum(s?) that Kunos does.

The 'easiest' way to run a beta is the way it is being run now. Small group of people testing. Closed beta, keeping in contact with individuals is easy since there isnt many.
    The most efficient way of running a beta is an open beta, with a proper place for people to easily give opinions, report bugs and whatnot. and an SVN so people are kept up to date easily. A little more work to set up, but if 1.3 had an open beta before its 'official' launch, many of the bugs would have been spotted before a rather embarrassing big release Smile

Each developer has its own way of doing things. Kunos' is not the most efficient, but has obviously been chosen for a reason. At the end of the day, it doesnt matter as long as we get the bloody patch soon Razz
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:43 am

Hmm, the 1.1 public beta phase was from August '09 with the final release coming in April 2010. Whilst that led to a good patch it took a long time. I think as long as you have a good bunch of people a closed beta is ok, but of course you'll have a smaller pool of hardware etc. so not everything might be spotted. Also people tend to blame closed beta testers for things that they're not responsible for. Ultimately it's up to Kunos what feedback he listens to, & what he chooses to fix/change.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:57 am

@Andrea: Ok np.., I just saw the quite huge amount of servers in the server-list and thought that it might be kind of avaiable for 'evereryone' of the NKPro users.

As I read Kunos office is a bigger company now (Albert wrote s.th. like that in GPC Forum),
    I hope that the quality / character of the simulation stays the same, please don't make it more 'arcade' Mr.Kunos Wink, at least the good physics should always be there !
    Ferran_sanson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ferran_sanson Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:51 am

one things is wrong is with that group of testers, is as far as i know there is no real life driver, wich they really know what the feeeling of the cars should be, for exameple marteen stevering with his formula ford should be a good tester to have ragrding on the feeling of the caRS

at marco try a good google search and maybe you can find a RC file somewhere to try sometimes work
    Ferran_sanson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ferran_sanson Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

check this bug

in wet race replays remote cars dont have rain spray. looks awfull and cars need rain light!
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 pm

I wonder how you pretend to know who is in the testing team, and most important who is in Kunos Simulazioni team that could give professional advices. Smile

About trying to find something, I think it's difficult for us to keep the pace, I guess it would be even more for google! Just out of curiosity I even tried with the file name of the first package and nothing came out. You can't imagine how much the feeling changes every internal release (we have 1-2 a day on average)
    Ferran_sanson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ferran_sanson Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:32 pm

we know RSR is the testers. no real drivers in

another thing to fix that probably no one has seen is the right rear rim on the ks2 has wrong shader. its very clear when you paint your rims to red or yellow or another color other than black or grey, please tell to kunos to fix it,

Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Ferran_sanson wrote:we know RSR is the testers. no real drivers in

another thing to fix that probably no one has seen is the right rear rim on the ks2 has wrong shader. its very clear when you paint your rims to red or yellow or another color other than black or grey, please tell to kunos to fix it,

Please ask Kunos to fix it.

Hardly a priority, also.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 pm

Ferran_sanson wrote:we know RSR is the testers. no real drivers in
    As I said before, I wonder how you pretend to know who is in the testing team. You are wrong.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Andrea is The Stig.
    Jeff Paul
    Jeff Paul
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jeff Paul Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:08 am

Laurent the Frenchman is pretty fast too.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:17 am

To be honest, when these guys are racing, stig may as well be riding a pushbike for all the good it will do. too bloody quick
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 am

Jeff Paul wrote:Laurent the Frenchman is pretty fast too.

Fast in game doesn't mean fast gamer knows anything about racing cars or how they should handle. But in same time real racing driver who can't adapt to the gaming world can't give any better feedback. (No offense to any fast Frenchman)

It's a tricky job to get things right as you know who have tried iRacings Ford GT. Funny how wrong you can go with all the money and resources.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:45 am

henrizio wrote:
    Jeff Paul wrote:Laurent the Frenchman is pretty fast too.

Fast in game doesn't mean fast gamer knows anything about racing cars or how they should handle. But in same time real racing driver who can't adapt to the gaming world can't give any better feedback. (No offense to any fast Frenchman)

It's a tricky job to get things right as you know who have tried iRacings Ford GT. Funny how wrong you can go with all the money and resources.
    Have you actually driven all(any?) of the cars? Cant help but think that while yes, it would be nice for the car to be perfect. If you've not actually driven them in real life you're not going to notice tiny differences. Lets be honest, a car is NEVER going to feel the same in a game as it will for real until you're arse is parked in a machine that can deliver accurate G-forces. And by the time you've forked out for one of those, you might as well have just bought the race car.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 am

Laurent used to be a racing driver Smile Formula Renault, Alpine & Gordani iirc. Only issue's the language barrier with the godfather of nKPro, but I do remember him telling me the large amount of setup options was the biggest issue, & that compared to real life all you can really learn from a game is racing lines etc.
    1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 18 07776ac5f5836de9f11365a.th1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 18 829e50cd7d5b12b7c261954.th1.3.0 Beta incoming - Page 18 296d2c5364375a0f2162956.th
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:47 am

it is certain that in our preferred simulation, the perceived sensations actually driving a real race car are not feasible ( braking force, perceptions of the track, feel support, limits of the car stalling, bumps, etc etc)
    Unless you have the budget to the investment required for the super material that is the closest simulation of its sensations, our G27 and others make us feel that the 100th, in my case luckily! for I am not at all the same physical condition that all these constraints demand today, 25 laps of Spa in KS2!!!!!! lol
    but I thank Kunos, despite his lack of communication, can be put within reach of virtually all software that gives us a most close racing environments, relationships that may exist between drivers, and experience moments that are passion in the various championships._____________________

il est certain que dans notre simu préféré ,les sensations réellement perçues au volant d'une réelle voiture de course sont irréalisables (force des freinages,perceptions de la piste,sensation des appuis, limite de décrochage de la voiture, bosse;etc etc )
    a moins d'avoir le budget nécessaire à l'investissement que demande le super matériel qui se rapproche le plus en simulation de ses sensations, nos G27 et autres ne nous en font ressentir que le 100eme , en ce qui me concerne heureusement !!!!car je n'ai plus du tout la meme condition physique ,que demande toutes ces contraintes aujourd'hui, 25 tours de Spa dans une KS2!!!!!!lol
    mais je remercie Kunos,malgré son manque de communication,de pouvoir mettre à portée de quasiment tous ,un logiciel qui nous donne un aspect des plus rapprochant des ambiances de courses , des relations qui peuvent exister entre pilotes , et de vivre des moments qui sont passionnels dans les différents championnats .
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Sergey Moskovkin
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Sergey Moskovkin Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 am

Hey guys.

I don't really care about closed beta-testing and such stuff, but if you want to check multilayer issues, try this scenario: several people (7-10) are racing on track thought all sessions (practice, qual and race) and other several people (8-5) constantly (once in minute for example) joining to server, makes few laps and disconnect from it.

From my online experience with netKar PRO I saw almost no problems with "ghost-crashes" when there are several people on server and nobody connects or disconnects from it.

Thank you for your work, guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm