Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

Bathurst.

Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Bathurst. Empty Bathurst.

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Somebody needs to create Bathurst. It is, in my opinion the best track ever built. And it would be excellent with the new GT coming.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Bathurst. Empty Re: Bathurst.

Post by M Carey Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Create? Or convert Very Happy
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm not fussy Very Happy
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Yeah... twisty curves, pedal to the metal and good reflexes. With the "correct grip" that NkPro seems to provide, it would be a blast. Too bad I'm still struggling to learn how to properly convert a track. (If someone here also drives rF, take a look at this one: Longford 67). Old times, but an example of a very well done and alive track.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 pm

What are you having trouble with Fernando?
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 pm

I'm absolutely noob in doing this, and I'm currently working on a first (private) project, reading and learning a lot from this site (I didn't find a single "conversion manual" in english to help me, so I'm digging the forums). Knowing soo little, it is hard to say "what" are the difficulties. Smile
    I'm in the process of terminating the first phase of Taruma track conversion (renaming, etc), and then I'll need to figure out how to do things inside Kof. So far, so good. Unfortunately, right now, I don't have much time to dedicate to this, so I'm at a slow pace, but eventually I'll get there (I hope) Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 pm

We're all noobs to start off with (and some of us still are Razz). It's a shame the literature for nKPro's out of date. There are old manuals (outrunner's namie for example), but it isn't great when you do the wrong thing by following old info' Smile The best way's just to experiment, then ask for help on here when you get stuck.
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Sure M Carey, I agree 100% with your words. Perhaps some day, when I become capable of helping with tips and how-to's, I'll start a thread to create a step-by-step (including necessary steps with commands/instructions on using 3dsMax and Kof) specifically aimed at track conversions, from the very beginning. This is something that I miss right now, and I think this is a good project (perhaps more valuable than converting tracks alone). Of course, all the information is available on the net, but not in a easy-to-find manner and often very sparse. I think this "chase" was done by everybody that started converting tracks long ago, and is still done today by newcomers... so why not "optimize" things and try to get everything (like a wiki) on the same place?That's why this site is so cool. It tries to do that for NetKar PRO. I'll ask for help if I get stuck. Thanks.Edit: this site implements this with the "lessons", but I'm thinking in doing this in English to be more broadly accessible. (Opera browse doesn't seems to support line feeds on this forum...) Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 pm

I tried to start a wiki, but couldn't get permission from the guides author. Also I thought about video tutorials, but Fraps doesn't capture menus in Max, and I didn't investigate any further Embarassed Anyway I prefer tutorials as you can skim through to the bit you need. I think RSR's tutorials are good, it just needs to be organised a bit better, maybe with a master thread showing tasks in a logical order.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

I want to host a wiki on nkc, but dont have the knowledge to write one myself. I did put a request out for anyone willing to make one to help our little community, but for the most part it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. A shame.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Write one from scratch? I was wanting to combine the good info' we already have. It just needs to be updated and expanded on in places.
    Fernando Zart
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fernando Zart Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:37 pm

The idea of putting the information already available at this forum in a more logical order would be a *very good* start, being perhaps more "optimized" than starting a new thread. The problem is that this requires that people with better knowledge provide help in determining what is the "logical order", and then there are parts that need to be written (like the videos/menus in Max, etc). At my current stage, I don't even know if I'm doing everything right or if I'm missing parts... time will tell. Smile

EDIT: oh boy, I have a feeling that we are hijacking this thread... Smile
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:43 pm

M Carey wrote:Write one from scratch? I was wanting to combine the good info' we already have. It just needs to be updated and expanded on in places.

I don't have the knowledge or understanding to write one, this is the problem.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Fernando Zart wrote:EDIT: oh boy, I have a feeling that we are hijacking this thread... Smile
    Yep, least it's sort of on the same topic Smile

Martin Hussey wrote:I don't have the knowledge or understanding to write one, this is the problem.
    I don't have knowledge of the more advanced stuff, but it's more co-operation/coordination that's needed, as with a wiki people could add to it & it wouldn't be down to one person to release a new version. Anyway, I think Jaap gave RSR permission to work on a track guide (no pressure guys Razz), and with 1.3 it would be a good time for some final versions of manuals/guides etc.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 pm

I gave already my reviewed version to Jaap with a lot of comments and addition (mainly link to our guides). Waiting for him now!
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 am

i already use this nkc setup wiki hussey - its fine Wink
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:29 am

I'm talking about a track building wiki.

We also wanted to get some setup troubleshooting info put up. Knowing what everything does is one thing, knowing how to use all the options is another. Unfortunately i know what things do, just not how to make them do it right Razz

Glad the site is getting a bit of use, though. We've had a slow down with the sites progression. Apparently the guy who does the techy work on the site decided he actually needs to earn some money. pfft Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:38 pm