Online Sim Racing netKar PRO


    New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Share

    Poll

    which spa version do you prefer?

    [ 6 ]
    21% [21%] 
    [ 23 ]
    79% [79%] 

    Total Votes: 29
    avatar
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 am

    Next championship race: Spa Francorshamps.
    We do have 2 options for this track:
    Spa Francorshampsp - 2001 Layout (old track from converted from gp4)
    Spa 2010 - Full Gp (new track converted from GTL)

    Which one do you prefer?
    This poll will be running for 3 days so everyone could try the 2 tracks and decide on it.
    We will pick up the track with more votes.


    _________________
     
    avatar
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 638
    Join date : 2010-03-24
    Age : 38
    Location : Barcelona

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Albert McSaltens on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:36 am

    just a note for people with no gtl cd check

    the second link of download has no cd check so download the second link if you have not the gtl dvd
    avatar
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 233
    Join date : 2010-10-30
    Age : 33
    Location : Parma, Italy

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Fabio Grippa on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm

    I would prefer the lighter version for hardware, having seen a lot of people facing a lot of problems with low FPS in the last race....

    Emanuele Dellera
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 4
    Join date : 2010-11-20

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Emanuele Dellera on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:37 pm

    La riflessione di Fabio la condivido pienamente, si opti per la pista meno graficamente pesante.
    Ciao

    f.gek
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 873
    Join date : 2010-08-03

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by f.gek on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 pm

    Io preferisco Spa 2010


    _________________
    avatar
    Marco
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2010-12-31
    Age : 33
    Location : Bologna, Italy

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Marco on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:12 pm

    sicuramente Spa 2010....!!!!

    Roberto Zanerini
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Age : 56

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Roberto Zanerini on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:39 am

    2010 più facile.
    Una domanda: alla prima curva dopo la partenza è permesso uscire a sx del cordolo per poi rientrare?
    avatar
    mario gilles
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 2113
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Oristano

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by mario gilles on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:08 am

    Roberto Zanerini wrote:2010 più facile.
    Una domanda: alla prima curva dopo la partenza è permesso uscire a sx del cordolo per poi rientrare?

    http://www.radiators-champ.com/gpcos/league.php?leagueid=9&type=rules&menu=season

    No corner-cutting allowed
    Rule9:Corner-cutting is not allowed. The rule is that drivers must have two wheels touching (in any way) or be exactly vertically above the track at any time during the lap.
    The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not and. Where a kerb extension is present, the kerb i is considered part of the track.
    A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
    Should a car leave the track for any reason, and the driver may rejoin. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
    Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car will be penalized.


    _________________
    avatar
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-11-16
    Age : 25
    Location : Blackburn, England

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by MikaRaymond on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:50 am

    i hope there will be no cutting at the top left side of eau rouge too Smile

    2010 it is?

    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 755
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Location : Germany

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by M Waechter on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 am

    difficult to decide Rolling Eyes .. .
    Overall I like the good old layout from GP4 more, it is maybe more fun regarding the pure racing-feel. It has also reflecting sun on the track (the new one does not and looks a bit dead maybe)
    and the corner passages are driveable in a more fluend way, also the pit-exit is better with the old layout since you have not to slow down that much there like a winding worm to get through it Wink,
    but you have to be careful in the Eau Rouge, because the track converter has set a barrier on the left on its exit to avoid going wide there Very Happy.

    The new Spa 2010 has some little bumps here and there.., but those are not a problem when driving. But it has and a quite better FPS performance !!, I get a bit less FPS with the old Spa 2001 (I think the old one has more polygones, that's why it requires a bit more graphic capacity), but though the average framerate is less than with the new Spa 2010, the framerate is nevertheless a quite stable one that is 140 all around.
    avatar
    Andrea Lanzino
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 65
    Join date : 2010-11-18
    Age : 39

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Andrea Lanzino on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:33 pm

    new layout of spa seems have a different camber in corner....
    no preference for me (vote for new layout...doh) but driving on old layout is a little more exciting...

    Roberto Zanerini
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2010-10-01
    Age : 56

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Roberto Zanerini on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:52 pm

    mario gilles wrote:
    Roberto Zanerini wrote:2010 più facile.
    Una domanda: alla prima curva dopo la partenza è permesso uscire a sx del cordolo per poi rientrare?

    http://www.radiators-champ.com/gpcos/league.php?leagueid=9&type=rules&menu=season

    No corner-cutting allowed
    Rule9:Corner-cutting is not allowed. The rule is that drivers must have two wheels touching (in any way) or be exactly vertically above the track at any time during the lap.
    The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not and. Where a kerb extension is present, the kerb i is considered part of the track.
    A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
    Should a car leave the track for any reason, and the driver may rejoin. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
    Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car will be penalized.

    Ma in questo caso non è un taglio in quanto si allunga la traiettoria, quindi se dovesse capitare, per evitare incidenti bisogna lasciare la posizione?
    avatar
    mario gilles
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 2113
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 56
    Location : Oristano

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by mario gilles on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:59 pm

    Roberto Zanerini wrote:
    mario gilles wrote:
    Roberto Zanerini wrote:2010 più facile.
    Una domanda: alla prima curva dopo la partenza è permesso uscire a sx del cordolo per poi rientrare?

    http://www.radiators-champ.com/gpcos/league.php?leagueid=9&type=rules&menu=season

    No corner-cutting allowed
    Rule9:Corner-cutting is not allowed. The rule is that drivers must have two wheels touching (in any way) or be exactly vertically above the track at any time during the lap.
    The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not and. Where a kerb extension is present, the kerb i is considered part of the track.
    A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track.
    Should a car leave the track for any reason, and the driver may rejoin. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
    Repetition of serious mistakes or the appearance of a lack of control over the car will be penalized.

    Ma in questo caso non è un taglio in quanto si allunga la traiettoria, quindi se dovesse capitare, per evitare incidenti bisogna lasciare la posizione?

    Non è un taglio ma in ogni caso la traiettoria è più larga quindi più veloce, per cui si trae un certo vantaggio, per cui se con quella manovra si sorpassa
    un concorrente e bene restituire la posizione

    "The white lines defining the track"


    _________________

    Go!tta
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2010-12-25
    Age : 30

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Go!tta on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:55 pm

    ovviamente come in tutte le cose ci vuole buon senso.... se vai largo per evitare un pilota che magari è andato in testacoda oppure che ha fatto un incidente allora non devi ridargli la posizione, se invece con la tua manovra sorpassi un pilota che non aveva problemi gravi da obbligarti ad andare all'esterno, allora gli devi ridare la posizione.....

    inoltre non deve essere una manovra che capita a tutti i giri.... magari può capitare in qualche fase della gara per distrazione o per chissà quale motivo di andare larghi in quel punto, in quel caso la cosa più semplice da fare è alzare un pò il piede in modo da annullare il presunto vantaggio.....oppure far si che il tempo del giro sia nettamente più lento rispetto al passo normale di gara!!! Wink
    avatar
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:48 pm

    Poll is closed. No doubt on the results! thanks for voting


    _________________
     

    Sponsored content

    Re: New event: which spa version do you prefer?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:34 am