Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+15
marco boni
Fred Gajira
Marcello Gabrielli
M Carey
Albert McSaltens
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
Martin Hussey
Filippo Chesi
Emanuele Dellera
Maarten Steverink
M Waechter
MikaRaymond
Marco
Gianfranco Pagoto
Andrea Lojelo
19 posters

06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR

M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 Empty Re: 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR

Post by M Waechter Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 am

M Waechter wrote:Ok, thx. I'll try the beta now for a few laps.

^I just quoting myself here Wink^

I did try the beta v1.1 just before the chat begun, but it looked so much different regarding the surroundings next to the track itself that I sticked to the v1.0, which looks much better (more wide) and was common to me.
    Unfortunately I had especially in race two when being in a full grid (all the cars) at the same time on the screen.. a very bad performance after the start: after passing the first chicane towards the second chicane there was zero performance left and when it got to the point of braking, even the virtual steering wheel in the sim. froze for several moments, so it was something like 0 FPS Mad !! and car was not controlable anymore under this heavy performance-loss affraid .

Performance was ok on the server before, but with a full grid like in the main races it dropped even much much more, so it was a disaster sometimes, but beside the start of race two it was nervertheless still driveable (but not good and fast, I always had to do more careful than normal in some corners because of the struggling performance...).
    Afterwards I can say that using the beta would have been better of course, -before I simply did not expect this performance loss with the full grid... .

Replay group B (90 min., so I guess beside the races it contains also the whole quali session, lol):
    http://www.filefront.com/17759298/FormulaKS2_Monza RSR_groupB_races.zip

-some note to the start of race 1:
    I was on the left side on the grid and towards t1 I went over the gras a bit, which was not my intention of course, I did this just because to avoid touching the cars that were to the right side of me.
    I think this was ok, much more safe in this case, because otherwise there would have been more trouble in t1 I guess ! I also of course let the car I passed by doing this directly pass again right after the chicane.., so
    overall I gained no positions by 'cutting' something there the first corner.

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Luca
    Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca "SkyGT" Naldi Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 am

Group B Replay
    Link Mediafire
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:19 am

very crazy event in group B

some cars parked on qualyfing on the side of the road even almost inside the road crashed... why dont you guys press esc ? thats really dangerous to be 10 minutes parked 2 meters from the track! were people passing some 250kmh

then very sad to be leading the race and finding a driver that dont let the leader pass, and then at the exit of 2nd chicane decides to brake in front of my face, and cause a crash. crazy, then people saying very bad fps, then please move out of the line cause then it causes some more crashes, thats my review; killed on both races!
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 am

Qualifying was a bit frustrating, only improving by a tenth on each run, started 7th on the grid.

Race 1, coming out of turn one the car behind was hit up the rear, which went into mine sending it flying (in the hilarious way cars do now in nKPro (which never gets old btw)) Very Happy I re-joined after 5 laps (well with 5 laps to go (was this ok?)) to try & improve my starting position for race 2.

Race 2, was utter madness, I found a way through it all & thought a lot of people are out, this' good for me Razz Then running 2nd on lap 2, Foresta hit me at turn 2. A shame, as we both would have been on for good results, and it was still early on during a 23 lap race. Oh well, my last race for a while, I might be back for a one or two at the end of the season.

Opening laps of race 2 (sorry about the slow down in places):
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:07 am

Albert McSaltens wrote:very crazy event in group B

some cars parked on qualyfing on the side of the road even almost inside the road crashed... why dont you guys press esc ? thats really dangerous to be 10 minutes parked 2 meters from the track! were people passing some 250kmh

then very sad to be leading the race and finding a driver that dont let the leader pass, and then at the exit of 2nd chicane decides to brake in front of my face, and cause a crash. crazy, then people saying very bad fps, then please move out of the line cause then it causes some more crashes, thats my review; killed on both races!

Sorry that you crashed into my car there at the second chicane Sad . But as I said the FPS was so bad in my case there at this area.., the problem was: I did not know what's going on with my car: if it is still moving or not, you ( I ) could not measure out the behaviour of the car with 2 FPS.. so I just kept the breaking on -if I had steered too much while braking there, I would have also lost the car completely. Everything nearly freezed there, so it was impossible to control anything there.
    I could make a video of the replay on my PC, because the replay shows quite exactly the same crappy performance on my PC as it had been live during the race.., to show how bad the performance was in this section of the track, especially when it's full of cars.. .
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 am

ok i understand but maybe you did not read the rules, and you should its the same thing about lag people with bad lag must not race same for fps applies if you cant drive then dont drive, i guess its not the first time you drove monza and had fps problems..

anyway lets forget it
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:13 am

I had no FPS problems in practice mode neither with some cars on the iraceonline server.. (95 -200 FPS, average much higher than 140 FPS..),
    but I did not test the track with a lot more cars than just a number of maybe 6 on a server, specially I did not test going through that section around the second chicane with some more cars (the whole field around) than just 1-2.
    So I was not aware of this performance problems with many cars.

As you said forget it Wink, thus thing will not happen again on other tracks, this particular Monza v1.0 was simply too demanding in just some of its track-sections for a real race.
    -For the next tracks I promise I will do an even more decent performance test when there are many people at once on the server..., to see how the performance works with a complete car field.

Btw.: could it also be that our self created car textures in the skinpack have a 'too high' quality in some cases, which mabye then result in a performance issue also ? -when many cars are on the screen or in the mirrors at once..
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Group A Replay
    http://www.filefront.com/17759166/Lojelo_FormulaKS2_Monza RSR_GroupA.rar
    my replay is corrupted. Is there anyone that has a working replay for Group A?
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 Empty gruppo C

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi

My race yesterday in group C:
    - qual 5th, good time 1:30 low
    - 1st race good start, i was 3th or 4th, i brake at the 1st turn ad received a shot behind and lost the rear wing (i ask to verify this start...), 1 lap trying to comeback to the box, fix the car and good race up to the last lap, when i was 5th: Gilles probably after an ESC, come back to me and i exited to the sand at the Ascari -> i lost the position and finished 6th.
    - in the warm-up i noted some drivers passing the finishline instead the pit....
    - 2nd race, good start from 1st position, behind me a lot of crashes, so at the end of the 1st turn i had more than 30" to the 2nd: great! After less than 10 laps, i lost the concentration and did an error ath the "roggia" chicane and hit the wall on the left (it was also a slowdown of the FPS, as usual...). A small shot, but the car was "strange". I had more than 30" on the 2nd and i decided to try to stay in the track, without to enter in the pit to fix. Driving it was not easy, but passing from 1:32 to 1:35 i was able to continue. Behind me it was Barba and Boni, with higher times than me. After a while, around 15th lap, in the ranking appears La Raspa, with times around 1:31.... not possible, before it was behind the others. I decided to stay quiet and wait him. Boni, 1 lap behind us, continues to pass me and making errors on the chicane, causing some problems (blue flag means let the other pass.... and dont' interfere with the race of the drivers before you...). Also La Raspa had problems to pass him, that was close to me, behind me. I let La Raspa pass me, because it was faster. The race ends with La Raspa 1st and me 2nd, but after La Raspa admit the ESC, so i won my 1st race!!!

Conclusions and suggestions:
    - this track was too demanding for the normal graphic boards and some crash are linked tho this low refresh
    - i ask the verification of the 1st and 2nd race od group C, giving the correct penalization to the drivers making some uncorrect actions and re-writing the ranking...
    - for tracks with chicanes like Monza, can be useful to add another rule: if you cut a chicane, check the split times after the cut and slow down. You have to finish the lap with a time higher than your best time.
    - chat rule: you can chat only in the stay-in-pit. I suggest to modify
    this rule to let the people chatting between the qual and the race and
    between the two races. This can be useful to remind people the rules....

Yesterday evening i tried Spa 2010 and it seems better in terms of framerate, also with a lot of drivers on track. I've seen clean starts and good battles on the kemmel straigh (i was there some years ago... the best rack on the world!)

I drive for fun, but i think it's correct that all the drivers respect the rules, so i ask to the crew the the correction of the driver standings, applying the correct penalizations.

bye
    Marcello "McHallo" Gabrielli
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for the report Marcello. We will check the replays for the cases you mentioned and penalize drivers that didn't respect the rules.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 pm

My racing night started in the best way: I did my PB in the official qualification, despite some little errors in that lap. Still 12nd on the grid, but for me it's already a lot to be in group A!

Race 1, unfortunately was as sweet as the previous session. I got hit from behind at T1. Not having a working replay I don't even know who catch me! I guess Chris Kehagias, but I'm not sure. After waiting 5 laps we started again. Always careful to not interfere with other drivers, i concluded my race in 12th

Race 2 wasn't very exciting also. I lot a lot of time on the first lap, and I wasn't ever really battling with anyone. Very bad pace for me in race 2. At the end I just had to keep my concentration till the end of the race. At the end I was really tired. Going all alone at Monza is the most boring thing ever, especially if you don't have any chance to catch other opponent. I ended up in 9th.

No problem whatsoever, performance wise, for my poor laptop Smile
    Fred Gajira
    Fred Gajira
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fred Gajira Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Results are up.

I'm very disappointed for the big amount of people that had their allocation and didn't show up.
    This is creating us a lot of problems because we spent time to organize things properly, asking around to have 4 servers and configuring them all.

People in group D might have missed their chance to have a nice race just because some of you were allocated and holding your place for the race.

That's really unrespectful

monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 57262

Andrea, I'm realy sorry not to have came back after leaving in first race, it was just too much for my nerves not to can reach first corner after thousands km of training monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 271945 so I've gone chiled out with a beer and a "Breaking Bad" episode
    I don't know what appened, but regarding the violence of the crash I guess it was netKar's netcode

I've don't want to be irespectfull with the organization, I know it's a hard work to offer us such a good championship monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 981548 it's just that yesterday evening I've thought that it was a better idea not to race if I can't have fun on track, because of my nerves or wondering if I can finish a race
    marco boni
    marco boni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by marco boni Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm

ciao a tutti ieri la mia prima gara,mi dispiace se non o visto la bandiera blu,si vede che ero troppo concentrato
    in tutte e due la partenze sono stato centrato,o cercato di fare piu attenzione possibile,anche anndando quasi fermo ,per non toccare nessuno
    ma e stato inutile,basta che ti toccano e sei nel gatto,comunque mi sono divertito,per quanto riguarda la bandiera blu cerchero di fare massima attenzione
    ciao a tutti marco
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Fred Gajira wrote:
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:Results are up.

I'm very disappointed for the big amount of people that had their allocation and didn't show up.
    This is creating us a lot of problems because we spent time to organize things properly, asking around to have 4 servers and configuring them all.

People in group D might have missed their chance to have a nice race just because some of you were allocated and holding your place for the race.

That's really unrespectful

monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 57262

Andrea, I'm realy sorry not to have came back after leaving in first race, it was just too much for my nerves not to can reach first corner after thousands km of training monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 271945 so I've gone chiled out with a beer and a "Breaking Bad" episode
    I don't know what appened, but regarding the violence of the crash I guess it was netKar's netcode

I've don't want to be irespectfull with the organization, I know it's a hard work to offer us such a good championship monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 981548 it's just that yesterday evening I've thought that it was a better idea not to race if I can't have fun on track, because of my nerves or wondering if I can finish a race

That was not referred to you Fred.
    Much more to the 11 people that reserved their place and didn't show up, and didn't update their status at the last minute.

Luca Malingambi Yes
    Olivier Prenten Yes
    Marco Ranalli Yes
    Ulus Ulusalonur Yes
    Germano Cervini Yes
    Mauro Delega Yes
    Alessandro Micali Yes
    Fabrizio Laterza Possibly
    mike tapl Possibly
    robalferi Possibly
    Andrea Lanzino Possibly

I'm really sorry for Francesco Meola, since he couldn't have his race because was all alone in server D, while there were still 3 empty places in group C.
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:My racing night started in the best way: I did my PB in the official qualification, despite some little errors in that lap. Still 12nd on the grid, but for me it's already a lot to be in group A!

Race 1, unfortunately was as sweet as the previous session. I got hit from behind at T1. Not having a working replay I don't even know who catch me! I guess Chris Kehagias, but I'm not sure. After waiting 5 laps we started again. Always careful to not interfere with other drivers, i concluded my race in 12th

Race 2 wasn't very exciting also. I lot a lot of time on the first lap, and I wasn't ever really battling with anyone. Very bad pace for me in race 2. At the end I just had to keep my concentration till the end of the race. At the end I was really tired. Going all alone at Monza is the most boring thing ever, especially if you don't have any chance to catch other opponent. I ended up in 9th.

I actually really enjoy monza. I find that because its less technical than other tracks, you can concentrate more on going fast, as opposed to getting lines right to avoid messing up a whole sequence of corners.
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Marcello Gabrielli
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Marcello Gabrielli Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

marco boni wrote:ciao a tutti ieri la mia prima gara,mi dispiace se non o visto la bandiera blu,si vede che ero troppo concentrato
    in tutte e due la partenze sono stato centrato,o cercato di fare piu attenzione possibile,anche anndando quasi fermo ,per non toccare nessuno
    ma e stato inutile,basta che ti toccano e sei nel gatto,comunque mi sono divertito,per quanto riguarda la bandiera blu cerchero di fare massima attenzione
    ciao a tutti marco

ciao Marco
    avevo intuito che per te era la prima gara. Non ci sono problemi, tutti dobbiamo imparare, quinid benvenuto tra noi piloti corretti.
    Se posso darti un consiglio, per capire cosa sta succedendo in pista ci sono alcuni strumenti:
    - il tasto TAB ti fa vedere il nome di chi ti precede
    - la barra superiore con i nomi e le posizioni: se sei terzo ed hai un giro di svantaggio sul primo e vedi davanti a te il primo e\o il secondo, non devi sdoppiarti, ma gudare "con giudizio", in modo da non compromettere la gara degli altri. Io ho dovuto alzare il piede diverse volte per farti passare ed evitare incidenti...
    - sul lato sinistro dello schermo compaiono i tempi di chi è appena transitato sul traguardo: se vedi tempi bassi del pilota che ti segue, presto ti prenderà e ti supererà, quindi preparati a dargli strada. Se invece sei più veloce di chi ti precede, probabilmente lo prenderai tu, se avrai abbastanza giri a disposizione (o se farà un errore lui)

Poche , semplici regole per capire cosa sta succedendo in pista. Io le sto imparando come te...

Spero di essere stato utile a te ed a tutti i newbie.

Ci vediamo in pista
    Marcello

p.s. sei veloce, penso che ci divertiremo insieme, anche nella gare non di campionato ;-)
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm

ottimi consigli Marcello.
    marco boni
    marco boni
    Driver
    Driver

Post by marco boni Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:28 pm

ok grazie marcello dei consigli li mettero in atto di sicuro,cerco sempre di migliorare,fin dove arrivo
    e una bella esperienza qui con voi,sono contento di esserci
    un ciao a tutti
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:
    Andrea Lojelo wrote:Group A Replay
    http://www.filefront.com/17759166/Lojelo_FormulaKS2_Monza RSR_GroupA.rar
    my replay is corrupted. Is there anyone that has a working replay for Group A?

I have a replay of group a but its hard to figure out which lap is which because i crashed in qualifying 10 minutes to go and was sat in pits for most of race 1 and a bit of race 2 .. did not have the best of luck ^^

here it is

http://www.filefront.com/17761673/O'Brien_FormulaKS2_Monza RSR_1.rar
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:30 pm

thanks for a replay...my one is corrupt too..
    Very Happy
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Much more to the 11 people that reserved their place and didn't show up, and didn't update their status at the last minute.

Luca Malingambi Yes
    Olivier Prenten Yes
    Marco Ranalli Yes
    Ulus Ulusalonur Yes
    Germano Cervini Yes
    Mauro Delega Yes
    Alessandro Micali Yes
    Fabrizio Laterza Possibly
    mike tapl Possibly
    robalferi Possibly
    Andrea Lanzino Possibly

I'm really sorry for Francesco Meola, since he couldn't have his race because was all alone in server D, while there were still 3 empty places in group C.
    Doesn't possibly mean possibly though? TBH this' always going to happen when groupings are decided by allocation time (if you're level on points). Please come up with a better solution Smile
    Filippo Chesi
    Filippo Chesi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Filippo Chesi Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Albert McSaltens wrote: very sad to be leading the race and finding a driver that dont let the leader pass, and then at the exit of 2nd chicane decides to brake in front of my face, and cause a crash. crazy!

Escuse me Albert, this driver was me; i had seen the blu flags and i was waiting for the moment to let you pass safetly. I'm very sorry for this. Escuse bad english too. Hi
    Paul O'Brien
    Paul O'Brien
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Paul O'Brien Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:03 pm

giancarlo graziano wrote:thanks for a replay...my one is corrupt too..
    Very Happy
    no prob monza - 06 Jan 2011: Monza RSR - Page 2 361709
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Albert McSaltens Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Filippo Chesi wrote:
    Albert McSaltens wrote: very sad to be leading the race and finding a driver that dont let the leader pass, and then at the exit of 2nd chicane decides to brake in front of my face, and cause a crash. crazy!

Escuse me Albert, this driver was me; i had seen the blu flags and i was waiting for the moment to let you pass safetly. I'm very sorry for this. Escuse bad english too. Hi

ok chesi but please dont lift the throttle in front of the car , first move to a side then lift :S
    Chris Kehagias
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Chris Kehagias Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:My racing night started in the best way: I did my PB in the official qualification, despite some little errors in that lap. Still 12nd on the grid, but for me it's already a lot to be in group A!

Well yes that was me hitting you from the back. My brakes was very early and proper and I was waiting to throttle.
    Then I saw you throttling but then you brake again and I didn't expect that.
    I am really sorry about that. Crying or Very sad And it was sad because your damage was big like mine and you had to wait
    5 laps in pit . Crying or Very sad

The second race was really good for me and from the 11th place I finished 4th so I guess it was good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm