Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

Brake Bias

Driver
    Driver

Brake Bias Empty Brake Bias

Post by ..... Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:00 am

Does anybody have a suggested brake bias for each car? I find my braking distances to be a little long for the open wheel cars so I'm thinking I'm using too much front brake. Thanks.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Brake Bias Empty Re: Brake Bias

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:13 am

you want the brake bias set in such a way where when you press the brake pedal, neither front nor rear locks up. this can cause to spinning and overheating of tyres. you can also test this by turning slightly as you brake.

you want to have the brake pressure set so when you put the brake pedal down fully, the brakes start beginning to lock as you slow down. this enables you to feel the brakes more, rather than just having them 100% on or 100% off.

dont forget to check the calibration in your wheels' drivers to ensure theyre working properly Smile
    Driver
    Driver

Post by ..... Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 am

Thanks for the advice man!
    Martin Hussey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Hussey Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Brake bias is very much down to your driving style. a lot of us blip the throttle as we gear down, to avoid locking the rear wheels. Like this the car can be much further biased towards the rear. When i first started driving netKar i used to run at 64% in the F2000/Target/KS2. Any further back and the rear would lock on heavy braking, but of course i had a problem with the front wheels locking, so i had to reduce the multiplier.
    After i started gearing down 'properly' i shifted back to ~54%, and was able to put the multi up. probably took 30m off the braking distance needed.

http://netkarcentral.com/car-setup-wiki/drivechain/11-braking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm