Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

Graphics / FPS Checklist

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Graphics / FPS Checklist  Empty Graphics / FPS Checklist

Post by MikaRaymond Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 am

Here is a quick checklist for people having FPS problems. It won't work miracles, but it will indeed help.

1) Make sure you have the latest version of your GPU drivers. Updating your GPU drivers is essential because they often release updates which allow the card to run better, ultimately performing in better FPS.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Once you have updated your drivers and have rebooted, head into the "Nvidia Control Panel" or "Catalyst Control Center" and disable Anti-Aliasing (AA), Anisotropic Filtering (AF) and Vertical-Sync. A restart may be required.

If you are using a Nvidia card, go into the "Nvidia Control Panel", click "Adjust image settings with preview" (near the top) and change the slider to "Performance". Next, click on "Manage 3D Settings" (underneath Adjust image settings with preview) and change any "Quality" settings to "Performance". If you have an ATI card, there should be an option in the CCC to do this also.

So far you should have:
    - Updated GPU drivers
    - Disable AA, AF and V-Sync
    - Change GPU settings to "Performance"

Settings for NKP:
    - resolution: whatever the resolution youre running
    - run in window mode if you have to. (800x600 or 1024x768)
    - antialias - (0)
    - viewing distance (0)
    - texture quality (0)
    - remote cars details (0)
    - steering wheel (fixed / hidden)

These are the basic changes you should do. If you are still having problems; you can try the following:

- Lower the resolution
    - Run the game in "Window mode"
    - Delete any skins you have so the cars are all red (keep a backup of the skin file)
    - Update Direct-X:
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx-download.html (Direct-X 9.0c download)

These few settings should give you the maximum GPU performance from your system at this time. Please also note latency / lag / ping can also have an effect on FPS. "Choke" and "loss" from the server can occur, meaning your system isnt downloading enough information as it should, resulting in slight FPS drops.

if you are unsure about anything, let me know Smile

Last edited by MikaRaymond on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Albert McSaltens
    Albert McSaltens
    Driver
    Driver

Graphics / FPS Checklist  Empty Re: Graphics / FPS Checklist

Post by Albert McSaltens Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:53 pm

i would say also before deleting skins and doing too much changes to the settings, i would close background applications and unsued windows services that you normally dont use, there are tones active and consuming your ram meory
    Andrea Candini
    Andrea Candini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Candini Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 pm

This small tool might help too: it does exactly what Albert said. Just remember not to close your antivirus, as it's not safe to stay online without it. Very Happy
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm facing a lot of problem with FPS as I'm not able to install my new video card tonight.
    I've found a back-up solution, maybe it could be useful for other people in my same condition....I've lowered a lot the resolution in the game (800x600!!!), then I swiched the screen to 4:3 format instead of 16:9 and the results is a fluent game....It takes some laps to be familiar with very low quality texture but finally it should work...Time are maybe 0.5 to 1.0s slower but I can race....for SPA I'll get my PC upgrade, then I'll be ok
    Graphics / FPS Checklist  964932
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Andrea Candini wrote:This small tool might help too: it does exactly what Albert said. Just remember not to close your antivirus, as it's not safe to stay online without it. Very Happy

Thanks a lot Andrea. This tool is brilliant. I was usually killing some services manually before each championship race, just to save some memory and boost my performances.

This tool let you shut down all unneeded services, and then you can start them up again once you finish to play.
    Everything just with a click of a button.
    Highly recommended! Thanks a lot for the advice.
    Andrea Candini
    Andrea Candini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Andrea Candini Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 pm

You're welcome! It is indeed useful: I tried it with F1 2010 and, even if I didn't get any frame rate improvement, my loading times significantly dropped! It definitely closes many more processes than we usually do. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm