Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

2 posters

Trying to find a team to race with (sorry for d-post)

corrado conti
    Driver
    Driver

Trying to find a team to race with (sorry for d-post) Empty Trying to find a team to race with (sorry for d-post)

Post by corrado conti Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 am

First of all, I want to apologize to the mods. I posted my first thread in what now I know was the wrong area.

The original post is here: http://forum.radiators-champ.com/netkar-pro-forum-f1/i-am-trying-to-find-the-iracing-league-t564.htm#16152

But only now I discovered there was a "General discussion" in this forum. I thought the Netkar Pro area was it. Again my apologies.

I am trying to find and apply to a new team that was funded by some folks from iRacing. That's mostly because I think it will make it easier for me to have at l;east that small connection with my temmates.

In our iRacing forum, some folks said they just started a new team here but I looked all over and I can't find. To be sure, I wouldn;t mind racing with any team, or even not have a team while I learn the ropes on NK and get used to new tracks, cars, etc. in multip[layer mode.

Most importantly, I need to know what times I can find some folks to practice with online in preparation for upcoming races.

Coming from iRacing, where everything is highly structured and there is almost always an easy to join race or practice, I am finding it a bit harder here. But even on the iracing forums, most of us agree: NKpro is an excellent sim and we wish we could race it more often.

Can anyone give me a small hint as to where to start? Obviously, I joined, I looked at the flow charts, but still I am unable to:

a) Find the iracing team (if one really exists)
    b) Find any team or any way to get info on practice servers, times and when most likely there will be drivers using it.

It's a shame NKpro doesn't have a more active online "life", so to speak, compared to rFactor, GTR and company. I honestly can hardly drive those sims after using iRacing and NKpro.

But when I am in NK pro and I go to multiplayer, most of the servers are empty and those that have people in them, I honestly don;t know if I am allowed to join in. Even if I did, odds are that I am unfamiliar with at least the track (and I am not that familiar with the cars either). I don;t want to make a mess on someone elses race or create a nuisance in general.

So if someone could be so kind to show me the ropes or at least tell me where to go to learn more, I'll do the rest of my homework.

By the way, this is the first time I see the "General" area on the forum. I will read the posts.

Also, feel free to answer in Italian if it's better for you. To me it makes no difference. Thank you
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Trying to find a team to race with (sorry for d-post) Empty Re: Trying to find a team to race with (sorry for d-post)

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:17 am

Hi, i replied to your first post here

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm