Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+4
Tomas Torasen
Andrea Lojelo
paul thomas
Gary Munson
8 posters

GT3 RS Fanatec Wheel

Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

GT3 RS Fanatec Wheel Empty GT3 RS Fanatec Wheel

Post by Gary Munson Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:16 pm

For those considering buying:

GT3 RS Fanatec wheel
    Build quality as seems to be the case in all their products exceptional.

Driving: Very different to what I have experienced DFGT only and a few others not G25 / G27. The FF is smooth as silk and is very consistent. There are no surprises when driving so gives full confidence to attack you opponents as you feel the stability from the wheel. The feel overall is that of a real car in fact the wheel is bigger in diameter than most on the market.

Customisation: Onboard digital menus that adjust: rotation, shock effect, spring, damper, FF, dead zone, drift mode, abs, linearity, these can all be adjusted whilst driving.

Overall, if CSPs are the salt then GT3 RS is the pepper they complement each very well and produce a fantastic experience.
    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

GT3 RS Fanatec Wheel Empty Re: GT3 RS Fanatec Wheel

Post by paul thomas Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Its a great wheel. TIP: I find with netkar pro that the wheel isnt centred with the on screen wheel.
    Pressing Ctrl centres the wheel
    Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Munson Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 pm

paul thomas wrote:Its a great wheel. TIP: I find with netkar pro that the wheel isnt centred with the on screen wheel.
    Pressing Ctrl centres the wheel

not a problem with me make sure you have latest Firmware installed released the other day: http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/4349

paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Still happens with the new firmware and my other gtrs aswell not a problem. Just pointing out that ctrl will set the centre of the wheel when pressed.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi guys yesterday my G25 broke down, unfortunately, so I'm now considering to buy a new wheel.
    I'm still not sure if it will be possible to repair it, and I'm not sure if it's worth to wait, considering that it's a 3 year old wheel, so without warranty.

then here is my question: what to buy?
    Fanatec Wheel or Logitech G27? What do you guys suggest? Did anyone tried both of them?
    any problems with the Fanatec Wheel with nkpro?
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:35 pm

I would rate Gary's fanatec wheel the same as the G27 wheel. They are very different in FFB feeling. So it's a matter of taste.
    I prefer the G27 feeling, I actually think it's superior, _for_me_. If you're used to G27 the fanatec is very smooth, not necessarily in a good way depending on what you want.
    If you used the fanatech wheel for several years and never tried a logitech wheel I guess you would'nt like it at first either.

When it comes to pedals the G25 and G27 are famous for being a piece of crap that gives no feeling/resistance, plus they brake down very easily.
    I dont get how logitech made such a good wheel and put it together with those pedals.

So I use G27 wheel along with Fanatec club sport pedals. Thats the combination I recommend.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Tomas!
    Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Munson Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:15 pm

More choices new fanatec wheel on the way http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-forza-motorsport-4-elite-wheel-uncovered/

paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

Post by paul thomas Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 pm

The new clubs sport shift sould be released soon.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 pm

andrea - do NOT get a g27. im on my 4th one in 4 years, whereas i owned a g25 for 5 years. they are weak and unreliable. go down another route Smile
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:35 pm

totally agree with Mika, I use actuellemnt the G27, since compared to my G25 that began to change their own reports, after 4 years of use without any problem, I did not win a single race, and my times have decreased,I 'm over my first change after a failure by the manufacturer, after 1 week of use! lol
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:28 am

That sounds scary! I hope I will be luckier!
    I'm sorry to hear that you had all those problems, but I guess this is usually the case with the first series of any new manufacture.
    I'm pretty sure it will improve, just like they did with the G25.

I've to say, at least for now, I'm pretty happy with the treatment received by Logitech: I sent them and support request, describing the kind of problem I had with my 3 years old g25(smoke from the front of the wheel). They reply me back in a very professional way, asking if anyone got injured, or if I had to call the fire department lol! (the response was clearly NO!!! Razz ). They offer me brand new G27 for free, and they will check what happen with my g25, although wasn't on warranty anymore, coming to pick up the old wheel for free too at my place.
    I received the new g27 in 2 days, although I haven't tried it yet because I'm currently in Italy.

I'm happy for now, since I wanted to buy it a new wheel straight away, knowing that the warranty was ended. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Looking forward to try the new wheel, and in any case, with a support like this, I'll be quite relaxed.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:12 am

Service after sales of Logitech in Europe is totally unique! Andrea same for me, it changed me my G27 in 3 days!! truly extraordinary
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:They reply me back in a very professional way, asking if anyone got injured, or if I had to call the fire department lol! (the response was clearly NO!!! Razz ). They offer me brand new G27 for free, and they will check what happen with my g25, although wasn't on warranty anymore, coming to pick up the old wheel for free too at my place.
    Maybe they were scared you were gonna sue them Razz
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:13 pm

there's no doubt on that. And for sure for them it's much better to keep a valuable customer that is willing to spend so much for a wheel!
    Obviously, since I'm happy, I speak about what they've done, so they immediately got back their money in a very good advertisement
    Gary Munson
    Gary Munson
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Gary Munson Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 am

go to 17.40 of this video Smile looks very interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xDHdOHt44&feature=player_embedded
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeah I saw it a few days ago, & posted a pic' here.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:16 pm

and presto! still a G27 pedal which is elastic with the accelerator pedal!!!!!! up the ass!! anger I ordered a club sport at Fanatec pedal! I received yesterday ( ordered Saturday, delivered on Thursday!)

What I guaranteed a ATo money (218 euros with the port )

really a foot of extraordinary quality! all-aluminum, pedal, stand, everything!! delivered again with a box containing an assortment of spring preload for three different pedals, which allow adjustment and setup of forces they exert on those!

In practice, it is necessary after 5 years of using Logitech pedals become familiar with the brakes, which are managed by Fanatec is totally different from Logitech, I'm not yet fully reached but progress
    remains to be seen after the reliability, the time will tell!!!!!
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnxlWXs_CY&feature=related
    sound interesting asd
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:40 pm

giancarlo graziano wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnxlWXs_CY&feature=related
    sound interesting GT3 RS Fanatec Wheel 11976

planned new purchase! ordered the father christmas ,Gian
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:40 pm

yea.....bit expensive??? whit all the optinal.........but great stuff xreal
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:03 pm

laurent resende wrote:and presto! still a G27 pedal which is elastic with the accelerator pedal!!!!!! up the ass!! anger I ordered a club sport at Fanatec pedal! I received yesterday ( ordered Saturday, delivered on Thursday!)

really a foot of extraordinary quality! all-aluminum, pedal, stand, everything!! delivered again with a box containing an assortment of spring preload for three different pedals, which allow adjustment and setup of forces they exert on those!

In practice, it is necessary after 5 years of using Logitech pedals become familiar with the brakes, which are managed by Fanatec is totally different from Logitech, I'm not yet fully reached but progress

I promise, Laurent that you will not regret that buy.. give it some time and you will notice that you have such full control over braking.
    Together with this wheel you will get the full use of them also, little vibration in the brake pedal to known when wheels start to lock up.

I will buy the same wheel here. I think for your moneys worth, it is not expensive. Then people dont understand what these products are and what it usually costs.
    Can not be compared to plastic fantastic logitech pedals.

These fanatec products almost can be compared to these for example:
    http://www.brdsim.com/
    And in between them in price/quality range is nothing but fanatec, all until plastic logitech.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Tomas Torasen wrote:
    laurent resende wrote:and presto! still a G27 pedal which is elastic with the accelerator pedal!!!!!! up the ass!! anger I ordered a club sport at Fanatec pedal! I received yesterday ( ordered Saturday, delivered on Thursday!)

I promise, Laurent that you will not regret that buy.. give it some time and you will notice that you have such full control over braking.
    Together with this wheel you will get the full use of them also, little vibration in the brake pedal to known when wheels start to lock up.

I will buy the same wheel here. I think for your moneys worth, it is not expensive. Then people dont understand what these products are and what it usually costs.
    Can not be compared to plastic fantastic logitech pedals.

Hi Tomas
    I share your opinion, and with some impatience ( conservative because it is necessary to see the first reaction of the guys who have purchased ) I expect the release of their new wheel.

after the first tests with the pedals, I'm still a little confused, and still does not brake as I would like, it is certain that today I will not win as Monaco Wednesday, circuit that requires very strong braking and especially a good balance of the brakes.

unpretentious but I'll get there, is a turn, turn, turn to learn!

for the Logitech pedals, the only criticism I make a drive towards him is the lack of reliability of the accelerator receiver! on G25 and G27 This is my 5 th pedal! lol I do not understand that such a company, which is very familiar with this problem, has not yet been overcome!!!!!!! the problem I had already met on the MOMO who was then driving their high-end (3!!!!) incomprehensible pedal!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up with the mixer the pedals of a sidwinder Microsoft!
    Fortunately he has a very comprehensive after sales service!

but here in my case it loses a customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomas Torasen
    Tomas Torasen
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Tomas Torasen Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:23 pm

It takes time to relearn. As you notice the difference is night and day. I dont know how long I drove until I felt "now I have better control than before". I did arrive there but.. maybe 2-3 months before reprogramming the brain.
    You must not think pedal range.. but amount of pressure. And the amount of pressure needed to reach full braking is very much harder. Better yet dont think at all, just feel and act and try.
    I was even afraid of destroying the pedals with my foot pressing so hard in the beginning. But that is just your brain being used to plastic Wink
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Tomas Torasen wrote:It takes time to relearn. As you notice the difference is night and day. I dont know how long I drove until I felt "now I have better control than before". I did arrive there but.. maybe 2-3 months before reprogramming the brain.
    You must not think pedal range.. but amount of pressure. And the amount of pressure needed to reach full braking is very much harder. Better yet dont think at all, just feel and act and try.
    I was even afraid of destroying the pedals with my foot pressing so hard in the beginning. But that is just your brain being used to plastic Wink

ha ha ha hahha! for the brain! mine is beginning to be worn! is 6 months it will take me!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm