Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ?

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

netkar - Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ? Empty Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm trying to do some experiments to run the F1 car on the nK PRO 1.03.
    So far it's only possible to run it in the SINGTELSIM and on trackday only (at least as far as I know).

I managed to run the server on aviano (using the 1.0.3 server), but there is no communication between the client (nks.exe) and the server, so it's not actually connected, even if it seems to join. apparenlty there is something new in the nks.exe of the 1.0.3, so the communication with the server of the 1.0.3 doesn't work.

So...for now...nothing really new!
    Let's hope we will find some more ideas to have it working.

I tried to use the nks.exe of the 1.0.3, and it manage to connect to the server, but it fails loading the shadow.nko, and crashes! on the singtelsim the lod files where not there, and the shadow file was much bigger than in nK 103.

It's possible to create your own skin. I did already my Team's skin (soon I will uploaded it somewhere). I haven't found any template (only the skin.psd in the \singtelsim\cars\f1\texture foleder), but it's easy!
    netkar - Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ? F1radiatorsprings

No damages seams to be implemented (unfortunately), unless there is somewhere an option to activate them (I haven't look for it yet)

No dirty tires texture, and I haven't understood if it's loosing grip (I haven't tested enough).

The car's engine starts automatically, even when you are on track. I haven't investigated if it's possible to switch this option off.

The steering wheel buttons to change between lap time, split,..., doesn't seems to be clickable. I haven't found any other way to change the information showed on the display, so far.

You need a nKPRO licence to see the server online.

So as you can see there are heavy limitations, but it could be nice to do some laps, just to try something different.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

netkar - Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ? Empty Re: Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:39 pm

I tried to create a Ferrari Steering Wheel for our nK F1.
    It's still a work in progress, but will give you an idea of the final result:
    netkar - Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ? Volantef1ferrarink
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

netkar - Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ? Empty Re: Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ?

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:24 pm

one more shot:
    netkar - Experiments: F1 on netKar PRO 1.0.3 ? Rsrf1
    sebastien bortoli
    sebastien bortoli
    Driver
    Driver

Post by sebastien bortoli Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:11 pm

any news Andrea about adding the F1 on NKP? could be very good to have F1 races,maybe Kunos could help and tell us how to insert the F1 on NKP?
    Germano Cervini
    Germano Cervini
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Germano Cervini Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:06 pm

M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:49 am

This is the f1 car in v1.2, but with f3 physics & sounds.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:05 pm

looks quite interesting. i guess its still in very early beta stages. theres a few noticable things which need sorting such as the car itself (looks out of balance) but as something thats an early WIP it seems to be quite good. ill follow this thread closely Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Well I'm hoping when the Osella's released, it might give us a few clues about why the f1 car doesn't work (as the current Osella doesn't work either but runs in the Singtel sim'). If we can do that then it'll be an f1 car with f1 physics (or Kunos' take on them Smile) so it will behave properly. I posted in this thread cos Andrea originally thought it was the shadow.nko that causes the car crash in nKPro, but by substituting the files one by one I discovered it's the nkdk file that's the problem (the shadow loads fine).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:54 am