Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

2 posters

Request help for hosting netkar server

Willem Kamans
    Driver
    Driver

Request help for hosting netkar server Empty Request help for hosting netkar server

Post by Willem Kamans Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello fellow racers.

I wanted to ask for some assistance getting my server up for Netkar pro.

For the last two days i have been trying to get a server up and running,unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to cooperate.
    The problem i am having is that i can see the game fine in the lobby but my friends cannot see it at all.
    I am using the NKServertool combined with netkar pro rank tool.

Offcourse i have allready tried several things to fix it, first i forwarded port 9500,then after some online reading i also forwarded 4501,4502 and 27010.
    i also have given the game permission to pass the firewall(even completely disabled it,still not showing up.
    If we edit the LG and mps.dat file to point directly to the server and launch nks.exe all is fine.
    This happends to all of us,no matter which of us 4 is hosting the clients cannot see it,therefore i think we are overlooking something.

So there you have it guys, after this we have absolutely no idea what is going on and i was hoping one of you might recognise this and help us out?

Thanks in advance ,greetings Willem

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Request help for hosting netkar server Empty Re: Request help for hosting netkar server

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Usually the problem is on the Port Forwarding or in firewall/antivirus that are blocking it.

Port forwarding should be open in UPD, and using the same port used in your server. Check the IP also. It happen to me once, that, by mistake I set my pc WiFI address, instead of lan and couldn't figure out why it was not working anymore!
    Willem Kamans
    Driver
    Driver

Request help for hosting netkar server Empty Re: Request help for hosting netkar server

Post by Willem Kamans Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Andrea,thanks for the reply.

The ports are forwarded and as far as i know the ip is correct to,
    I can see the server fine on the rank server listing here: http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/servers.php

When you say "by mistake i set my pc wifi adress" what excactly do you mean?
    Is there a way in netkar for a server to actually define the ip it uses ?

Thanks again, Willem.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm

no, but for a quick test I had a server on my laptop once. The router was pointing to my lan address, and I was connected through my wifi that day, so the server was on that address as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am