Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

4 posters

From BTB to 3D Max

Napalm Candy
    Driver
    Driver

From BTB to 3D Max Empty From BTB to 3D Max

Post by Napalm Candy Sat May 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi, I'm doing a track for nk-pro, but first I want to do some test.

I work with Bob Track Builder, then export to rFactor format, and then import in 3D Studio Maxi with the script GMT2 Importer. All perfect here.

The problems become with the multimaterials. So netkar-pro editor don't admit multimaterials, I have a script (Detach by ID) to convert this multimaterials in single materials, but I have problems.

That is the message of the error.

From BTB to 3D Max Av654k

Also if I check "Use Prefix" on the script and type a name, when I click on DETACH, give the same error but stop the code in other line.

I think the problem is with the gMaterials that are using shaders from rFactor, but I'm not sure, I don't know so much about 3d Studio
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

From BTB to 3D Max Empty Re: From BTB to 3D Max

Post by M Carey Sun May 30, 2010 1:57 am

I’ve also had problems with the script, my MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception was --Unable to covert: ReferenceTarget:ReferenceTarget to type: Material, and I also noticed that playing with the options just changes where the error occurs. Sorry I’m no help (but least you’re not alone) From BTB to 3D Max Icon_biggrin
    Napalm Candy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Napalm Candy Sun May 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Do you know if it is possible to export from BTB to directx and then import to 3D Max?

So if the problem is the gMotorMaterial, exporting in directx will not use that, and will not have the problem
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Stephane Migrouille Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Attention you must not detach all objects.
    Some do not need to be detached, some willing to be seconded to other objects and some accept dettachement of material.
    it is not easy and need lot of experiment.
    Napalm Candy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Napalm Candy Sun May 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Can you to explain better?

The track in what I'm doing test it is very simple and only has 2 materials, grass and road, 1 object is road, and about 15-16 meshes of terrain.

The track in what I'm working has a lot of more objects and materials... what rules we have to follow?
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Stephane Migrouille Sun May 30, 2010 6:19 pm

I do not know if there is a precise rule, but I'll just explain what I saw with my track.

_The Objects such as road or grass used in Bob's Track Builder has a single material and therefore it is useless to try to detach them.

_The Compound objects such as walls with fences need to be physically separated.
    From BTB to 3D Max Sanstitre1qn

_Some objects more complex as the start lights drove me crazy and I detached it into different objects name.
    From BTB to 3D Max Sanstitre2cn

I'm a real noob with 3ds max and then it took me to do a lot of testing object by object.
    Napalm Candy
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Napalm Candy Sun May 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Why is useless to detach the terrain? For the terrain I had used a lot of textures
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon May 31, 2010 1:55 pm

I used this script to detach some objects created with SketchUp. I didn't have any problem with them.
    As a recommendation, don't select too many objects in the same time. At least it would be easier to understand what is going on.
    As Stephane said, it's just a matter of using the correct settings. Just try different combination in case you have problems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm