Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

imola times??

skeptic118

times - imola times?? Empty imola times??

Post by skeptic118 Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:32 pm

I have been busting the proverbial and I can get at best a 1.32 at Imola with the 125s1.  But I see the best time is 1.24??? Considering that our friend the great Michael has a lap record of 1.33, if find a time of 1.24 a bit ludicrous. Am I missing something?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

times - imola times?? Empty Re: imola times??

Post by M Waechter Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:53 pm

I think a gap of 5-6 seconds is not unusual sometimes. There will be always many aliens by this amount of 5000+ sim-dirvers Smile, though I was surprised about laptimes at some tracks as well. ->But when you lose for e.g. only average (+-)4 tenth each corner -though I don't know where an how either at currently NB GP for example- on a track with 10 corners..., it makes a difference of 4 seconds on the whole laptime already of course.

Try to drive using the hood cam or nose cam and not cockpit view. It's better to drive more 'millimeters-exact' each lap and therefore is quicker.
    I don't liked that fact at the beginning, because we (at RSR) all were used to and liked the real cockpit view, but it is how it is. -I also think, if cockpit view were the only view being allowed, there would be some cam-tweaking in that view as well by putting the seat or view (the cam) onto the dashboard to reach a similar exact view alike the hood cam. So you can't control that from the outside in a way, that you could be sure noone would "tweak" thier view.
    At least you have more speed immersion and a nice direct view on the track graphics on such a view. Anyway.., physics are the same in each view.
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 pm

The default setup is rubbish, if you set-up the car properly, you can carry much more speed into the corners (I am talking about much more speed) and you have no fear that you lose control over the car, so you become faster and faster... In the Setup Section of the Live Timing Page I posted a Setup for the S1 at Mugello, try to use it and if you know how, than tweak a bit to make it fit to Imola and your driving style.. I am sure you will be able to to at least 1.26.XXX
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:01 pm

I haven't changed anything at the suspension tab (bump, fast bump, fast rebound,..) in my setups so far. So maybe I could improve the corner speed a bit especially there. The rest I've already adpoted to my style. Need also more practice on other tracks than just driving on Monza66 Smile

Btw.: The topspeed of 2nd pos. guy at Monza66 looks funny (381 km/h, Lotus 125 S1) that's around 40 km/h more than the quickest ones at 342 km/h.
    I guess he must have done something special in the setup Smile.

-Edit: Now I tired everything (0/0 wings and ride high experiments) but 381 km/h is impossible Smile, ~342 km/h is max. . So don't know, what he did, but it's also not much important atm., his other hotlaps are 100% fine/correct !
    Risto Kappet

Post by Risto Kappet Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Something is wrong for sure

Check mp4/12c at imola for example
    Ok there is one guy 4sec faster than others which is clearly bug abuse, but rest of the times....
    I can get within 1% of almost all WRs (thats about a second in 1.30min tracks) but with that combo i am 8sec off pace.... bad feeling to know there must be a glitch
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Wrong times, if reported are immediately removed.
    There is a bug in our app that is some cases send data from your previous combo in the new one. We've fixed the issue already and we will release most probably tonight after some internal tests.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:47 pm