Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+3
Ben Cornett
Andrea Lojelo
gmangnall
7 posters

Corner Cutting

gmangnall
    Driver
    Driver

Corner Cutting Empty Corner Cutting

Post by gmangnall Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:35 am

What is there to stop a lap counting where somebody cuts a corner - or 3. From some of the times I have seen there are a couple of guys who are constantly way faster than everyone else, so either they are very good at driving and car set up - or.....

Would it be possible to have a "verified" time where the person uploads a lap recording (for say the top 10 or 20 only)
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Corner Cutting Empty Re: Corner Cutting

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:12 am

I'm not sure about who are you speaking about, the most of the guys on the top of the rank are either real life drivers or experienced simracers that won a lot in top class championships. Try to google them, you will be surprised!

saying that, there is also a known bug at Imola, that will be fixed in the next AC release.
    Ben Cornett
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ben Cornett Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:53 am

Is there a feature to report a laptime?  Optimus*Prime* is quite obviously cutting/cheating (see sector times for his monza zonda laps).

Would like to get those removed thanks.
    Pnume
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Pnume Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:03 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:I'm not sure about who are you speaking about, the most of the guys on the top of the rank are either real life drivers or experienced simracers that won a lot in top class championships. Try to google them, you will be surprised!

saying that, there is also a known bug at Imola, that will be fixed in the next AC release.

I found out about it this evening. There is an exploit with the shinning red chalenge (maybe with all chalenges, I haven't tried). The cutting penality is off.

All the top of the leaderboard at Monza with the Ferrari 599XX are cutters. I tried it a little bit. It was fun sort off. I'm 3rd on the board and there is no way someone can do a better time without cutting heavily.
    GravesLab

Post by GravesLab Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:59 am

^ Yes i was playing a challenge and any corners / off road time did not effect the green light. Sad Cheaters are having a field day out there..
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:46 am

Don't think so, really ? Can you give certain examples/corners, where the app will stay green, though for weels were completely off. the track ?
    I can't cut without getting penalty or(+) red light. Sometimes curbs can be used a little bit as well (with two tires), that's ok and like in real. With four weels off track red light and penalty will appear, except exit of ascari in last sector @ new Monza there you are allowed go beside the white line.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 am

Ben Cornett wrote:Is there a feature to report a laptime?  Optimus*Prime* is quite obviously cutting/cheating (see sector times for his monza zonda laps).

Would like to get those removed thanks.
    Yes. Check here
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rsr-live-timing.606/page-16#post-36643
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:59 am

There is an issue in special events. AC doesn't show if you cut in the current version. We are fixing the now
    Ben Cornett
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Ben Cornett Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 am

Have a look at the sector times for the monza laps mate, its pretty obvious when guys are 2 seconds faster than 95% of people in a 25 second sector Wink
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:20 am

Which car btw. ? Wink
    Y, I saw a cheat time with F40 (1:51.x - being 6 seconds faster in the first sector), but I have no idea, how the driver cheated there in the first sector, because when I leave out the chicane, I get red light as it should be.
    Only thing I can imagine is by a bad Internet connection of the driver. Maybe then the app wil not recognize a 'off. track' when getting no data, but I don't know if this is true.
    The app could be reprogrammed in a way that it will close itself in that lap / not count it, once the connection is lost or too slow to deliver all data every second.
    MartinDyrlund
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MartinDyrlund Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:18 pm

Andrea, just make the app so it only works in Hot Lap mode inside the sim, then the problem is mainly solved...
    Daz Webb
    Daz Webb
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Daz Webb Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:18 pm

There is a time in the Monza/Z4 GT3 special event which I think needs removing.

It's Freccia Verde's time, as the 1st sector is over 7 seconds faster than anyone else has done. I think aforementioned driver has made use of the bug where taking the exit road instead of 1st chicane doesn't register as an illegal shortcut, so the app is allowing the time.

Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:08 am

MartinDyrlund wrote:Andrea, just make the app so it only works in Hot Lap mode inside the sim, then the problem is mainly solved...

Aha, that's the problem. I thought it already only works just in Hotlap mode. In Practice mode it is shut and I thought in other modes it is shut too (did not try any drift or special event modes so far, not interested that much in drifting or earnig (all of the) events/awards in the special modes Smile, just the basic ones).

Last edited by M Waechter on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 am

Part of the issue has been fixed in the latest version of AC

- Fixed rear ARB setup screen for BMW M3 E30 Group A
    - Modified FFB values for F40 (fixes steer oscillation on straight line)
    - Fixed hotlap penalties
    - Fixed steam interface interaction with mouse hiding
    - Fixed Drag Race car moving ahead on restart
    - Fixed crash after loading car for players with long nickNames

It's still possible to run in Special Events with no penalties, but we will fix this ourselves in our upcoming app release (hopefully tomorrow).

From now on, I will not only delete times, but also "inform" those drivers that this is not allowed, preventing them to create more mess in our system. This will be just a warning for now. Send me a PM if you want to continue to use our app.

Guys, please if you want to cut through all chicanes, and do super fast times, please do it without using our app.

If you lap is clearly invalid, lift up, and avoid inserting wrong data in our system.

We will fix this issue soon (sooner if we can spend our time in a better way than this)

If you notice any irregular laptime, please send a Lap Report through the website (click on the driver name, go in his profile and report the lap!)

Corner Cutting 28dX3ay
    gmangnall
    Driver
    Driver

Post by gmangnall Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:55 am

I have difficulty believing in a 2:08.328 lap time at Silverstone in the Lotus 49 with sector times of 34.848, 57.252 and 36.338. Especially as that's about the times I get when I cut the 1st two corners, striaght line through all of beckets and finally take the slightly quicker tarmaced route through the vale. Co-incidence??? I think not.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:38 am

I doubt that serious guys like Whitehead would cut. Those are sim drivers since many many years. They would not have any fun by putting in any wrong laps, I think.

Here is a video of the guy in Pos.3, who did also a 2:08 laptime. The guys in Pos.1 & 2 are a little more quick in sector 2, but for the rest it is similar and he reached his sector times without cutting.:
    Justin Talent

Post by Justin Talent Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi there.

I am just reporting a potential exploit at Monza 1966.

For some reason around the Lesmos hitting the outside wall does not disallow your time. Therefore using a car in hotlap mode and essentially crashing on purpose without braking and wallriding around the outside means you can gain tons of time. I tried this out with the Lotus Type 49, and well, the results are pretty definite. As I can't link as a guest, just check the leaderboard for Monza 1966 in the Type 49 and see what I'm talking about.

I am now number 1 overall that track in that car with an impossible 2nd sector time. I couldn't honestly keep that to myself so here I am reporting it!

Of course I am probably not the first to discover this so I hope this can be patched out by the app. The times on all Monza 1966 circuits may need to be wiped due to this.

Thanks!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I always thought hitting the wall costs more time than a clean lap.., because it takes too long to 're-accelerate' after the slowing down by the wall-touch. 
    I remember I slightly touched the wall of 2nd Lesmo only in F40 S3 by mistake (just rec. in the yt - video of mine), but those laps weren't really quicker than a clean one could have been.., because it costs too much time for the following 3rd sector.
    Maybe the case of the Lotus 49 you mentioned is almost just an exception to that. If not we need damage turned on, when it's ready.
    At least in a race with 'damage on' everyone would damage his car sooner or later with this habit.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi Justin, thanks for reporting your lap. Unfortunately we can't do much about monza 66 wall riding. APIs don't give enough information at the moment to have an automatic rule to discard the lap.
    It's very easy to spot from the splits if someone did something wrong, though.
    We always check monza 66 laptimes because of that.
    No need to wipe out any lap. We know that what is there are valid laps. Wrong laptimes are usually reported in few hours by many users, or removed by us. We keep always an eye on this. Don't worry.

Just to let you know, you can also remove the lap by yourself. Check the guide to know how to do it.

Thanks for your help to keep our db clean!
    Justin Talent

Post by Justin Talent Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 pm

OK and thank you for the quick reply! Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 am

Ah, ok.. good. After his post I first thought that almost all of the toptimes in the Lotus49 @M66 could be wrong, but split times of 2nd sector indeed doesn't look like that they're extraordinary wrong. So current laps there are ok.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content