Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

Trying to set up a server on home PC

René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Trying to set up a server on home PC Empty Trying to set up a server on home PC

Post by René Lorig Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Hey guys, I think I need your help here:
    I'm trying to set up a server for netKar on my own PC here. It's working, but no one from outside my home network can join.
    I run the server with the server-tool and my chosen port is 9500. I already forwarded that port with the protocols TCP and UDP to my PC but it stays the same.
    Also in the cmd of the server it says that it's running at my internal network ip. may that be the problem? and how can I change that?
    I really want to have my own little server for me and my friends which I can set up as I want. :/
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Trying to set up a server on home PC Empty Re: Trying to set up a server on home PC

Post by René Lorig Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Also, I forwarded the ports 9500 - 9503 (just in case Very Happy) in my router to the ports 80 - 83 on my pc. Yet I'm running the server with the server tool on port 9500, may that cause a problem too? My windows firewall is also set up to allow every incoming connection on nkserver.exe on every port, UDP and TCP. I really don't know what the problem is.
    Roberto Olivetti
    Driver
    Driver

Trying to set up a server on home PC Empty Re: Trying to set up a server on home PC

Post by Roberto Olivetti Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 am

René Lorig wrote:Also, I forwarded the ports 9500 - 9503 (just in case Very Happy) in my router to the ports 80 - 83 on my pc. Yet I'm running the server with the server tool on port 9500, may that cause a problem too? My windows firewall is also set up to allow every incoming connection on nkserver.exe on every port, UDP and TCP. I really don't know what the problem is.
    Hi Rene,
    just a few questions to help finding a solution (I doubt a solution will come by me, but anyways these may be useful things to know):
    is the server visible but impossible to reach, or is it not visible at all? (do you see it at radiators-champ.com/nkpservers page? do you see it in the netkar's ingame servers list? do other people see it in both of these places?)
    If it is not visible, have you a static IP address, or a dynamic IP?

In my case, I have a dynamic Ip and, though I can setup and join my own server, it is off-limits for everyone else, due - I guess - to the provider policies. It can be seen though (not joined) in the wagenvoort.net/rank servers list.

Best wishes to sort this out Smile
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm

I can see it in the ingame list, but no one else can. Also I can't see it on the internet.
    I don't know exactly about my IP, but I think it's a static IP.
    Roberto Olivetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Roberto Olivetti Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 pm

René Lorig wrote:I can see it in the ingame list, but no one else can. Also I can't see it on the internet.
    I don't know exactly about my IP, but I think it's a static IP.
    Ok, the situation is very similar to mine. Try this: configure the server such that it is ranked. Then start the server and make some laps.
    After some minutes, go and see if you can see your server here:
    http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/servers.php
    I usually can see my server there.
    If you can see yours too, I would insist on an internet provider limitation due to a dynamic IP address.
    I start a little search to see if someone solved a similar problem.

ADD:
    I found these, but I guess you may already know:

Same problem as yours. Doesn't tell if they solved:
    https://rsracing.forumotion.com/t414-request-help-for-hosting-netkar-server

Guide - how to setup a dedicated server (general reference):
    http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=53189
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Okay, I got it now, it's working. Problem was that I forwarded the port 9500 in my router to port 80 on my pc. That caused a problem. I can see the server now on the online list, and also a friend can join it. Smile
    Roberto Olivetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Roberto Olivetti Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:54 pm

René Lorig wrote:Okay, I got it now, it's working. Problem was that I forwarded the port 9500 in my router to port 80 on my pc. That caused a problem. I can see the server now on the online list, and also a friend can join it. Smile
    Happy to know it's ok Smile
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 pm

::hola:: Trying to set up a server on home PC 67322 ::thumpsup::
    René Lorig
    Driver
    Driver

Post by René Lorig Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks for your help! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am