Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

4 posters

Tyre Pressure

Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Tyre Pressure Empty Tyre Pressure

Post by Vincent Buccarello Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey I wanted to ask you how you set up your tire pressure in Assetto Corsa...

To me it seems that with higher psi I am faster...
    With 18psi on every tire I got to 1:25.1
    Where with 28psi on every tire I did a 1:23.1
    And with psi to max, the first lap I did was a 1.23.6 with a little mistake...

Is it just me or do you have the same feeling ?
    Maybe I am to stupid to drive with low psi Razz Then it has to much grip and gets slow before the apex...
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Tyre Pressure Empty Re: Tyre Pressure

Post by Vincent Buccarello Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Hmmm now I did a 1:23.055 with LF 28 RF 29 LR 30 RR 29
    It seems that through some corners it provides better balanced grip... I am sure I lost maybe 2 tenths in S2 because the telephone started ringing on the long straight Tyre Pressure 800160

PS: it was done in hotlap mode, in the second lap, the first I drove smooth to warm up tyres..
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 pm

I don't know, tire pressure of course also rises a lot when tires are on temperature.. .
    Have not tested seriously so far. All I can say that 18psi did not work for me either (to less agile, less quick), that's good at least, because in NKPro the lowest pressure of 18psi (always) has been
    the best option (which maybe wasn't 100% realistic in NKPro).
    Best I felt with 20psi so far, less complicated than higher pressures Wink. With automatic clutch (using the shifters at the wheel) my so far fastest lap [1:26.8] was at this pressure setting.
    But should get quicker with H-shifter, when I get used to using the clutch + the H-shifter.
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm

With 23 psi everywhere I did 1:23.5 and with 29 psi 1:22.9
    And now I tried 39 in the front and 31 in the back and did a 1:23.3 but it seems to be faster...
    you can throw it in the corner and it will keep sideways, it wont spin because the front wheels dont have enough grip to "bite" into the asphalt...

It is really nice to see you can get similiar lap times with extreme different settings, in netKar as you said 18 psi was the fastest (maybe not good for a race because of the heat, but still fastest).
    nesrulz
    nesrulz
    Driver
    Driver

Post by nesrulz Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Vincent Buccarello wrote:Hmmm now I did a 1:23.055 with LF 28 RF 29 LR 30 RR 29
    It seems that through some corners it provides better balanced grip... I am sure I lost maybe 2 tenths in S2 because the telephone started ringing on the long straight Tyre Pressure 800160

PS: it was done in hotlap mode, in the second lap, the first I drove smooth to warm up tyres..

Thanks for the tip about the pressure. Now go considerably faster.
    Joco Gorenc
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Joco Gorenc Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Kunos said that AC simulates a much more advanced tire model, whereas in nKpro it is stationary, ie. tire does not deform and twist because of too low pressure.

So if you use low pressure on the Elise, you get more core grip because of bigger contact patch on the road, BUT if too low it will be too soft when the car is pushed and it wont be too controllable. My knowledge anyway ::teach:: And with low front tire pressure or too high you can feel a little difference on wheels FFB. Impresssive!

Oh and thanks for letting me know 18psi is best in nkpro, perhaps I can top the board now at Mugello Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm