Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

3 posters

Aviano and Prato need help to improve

Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Aviano and Prato need help to improve Empty Aviano and Prato need help to improve

Post by Vincent Buccarello Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Hey guys,

i need some help to improve my laptimes at Aviano and Prato...
    This is KS2 at Aviano: http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/track-records.php?trackid=11&carid=30&#driver11317

And this is Ftarget at Prato: http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/track-records.php?trackid=19&carid=21&#driver11317

At Prato you can see that my first Sector is very good, only +0.177 from P1 but Sector 2 is +0.900 from P1

At Aviano in KS2 it's the opposite, Sector 1 is +1.134 and Sector 2 only +0.312

I have the same Problem in the Ftarget at Aviano, I am loosing lot of time in the first Sector.

I uploaded the videos of my laps, and the Setup too.
    (Setups are to find in the description)

Thanks for the help Smile
    Vaggelis
    Vaggelis
    Driver
    Driver

Aviano and Prato need help to improve Empty Re: Aviano and Prato need help to improve

Post by Vaggelis Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi there,
    in Ftarget in 0.26,0.57,1.13 and in 1.22 u dont hit the apex,try to go as close as u can,and especially in 0.57 and in 1.22 try to go over the kerb! Its very important,u have to close early so u make less "metres",im not talking just to hit the apex but also go over it!(in those 2 corners)

In second video seems that ur a bit slow in the chicane,otherwise ur lines seem good so maybe its a setup problem.
    Cheers Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Aviano and Prato need help to improve Empty Re: Aviano and Prato need help to improve

Post by M Waechter Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm

I think that laptime at prato is quite good already. I also have problems to hit the apex in some of those corners with that generally a bit understeery car, when I look at
    the laps of 'alien people, I'm always surprised how they hit apex without understeering at entry.
    I used 0.0 % aero contribution (wings 15/10) with that car on that track, trying to aviod understeering, but some even drive with much less front wing (6/10 like you) and still manage to hit the apex, don't know how to do that Smile.

But generally that behaviour depends also on my driving style: I tend always trying to have most speed thorugh corners, not taking care of hitting the apex much, maybe that's the 'wrong' way (slower).
    Vincent Buccarello
    Vincent Buccarello
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vincent Buccarello Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:54 pm

0.26 is very difficult, the problem why i dont always hit the apex is because i need to get on the throttle very early, and as the apex is very late i have some stability issues to get early on the trottle while hitting the apex... not the best way but i can live with it right now.
    and then there is the problem with the curbs...the car is very unstable on the curbs so i just leave them.
    i did another lap that day where i could improve my lap 0.350 seconds until the last corner, where i made a mistake and land on the sand...
    but there is still something to go, and i felt it was the maximum, and thats the problem, I would not ask you if I knew where the time is Very Happy

same and heavier problem with KS2 Aviano (the reason i wanted to open this thread)
    because i dont know where I could find any time in Sector 1.
    If I am faster in the chicane I loose the car, and so I try to get early on the throttle but yeah still about 0.700 second to go untill I am lucky.

@ Marco: I think you dont need wings in prato, every corner (except chicane) are slow corners in second gear, and you dont need downforce for those corners. you need to be fast in the straight from corner to corner, thats why gear ratios in 3rd and 4th are set a bit higher.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am