Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+5
Luca Orsetti
Francesco Lerose
M Waechter
Max Caputi
Andrea Lojelo
9 posters

14 June 2012: Oschersleben

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

14 June 2012: Oschersleben - Page 2 Empty Re: 14 June 2012: Oschersleben

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 am

those were simply empty races that will not give you any points. I just removed them using a cleaning script.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 pm

First of all, i have to say sorry to my semi-team mate Matt, for the accident in qualy on the first out lap. I thought you were letting me through there, but turns out you didn't...very sorry about that.

For the rest it was a very good race for me! I really didn't expect to get pole for this race, seeing that Fulvio had a 26,5 on the clocks in pre qual, but i set my pb (26,9) in qualy pretty early on, even though i had way too little practice, i did maybe 40 laps before this race.

But what i really didn't expect was to win this race Very Happy I only did heavy fuel runs a half an hour before the race.

I always use alot more fuel doing the same laptimes as everyone else, really just can't be bothered saving fuel in a sim. Feels like a waste of my time. But i tried, and it JUST got the job done. When i was on lap 22, the engine cut out JUST before i stopped at my garage in the pit, and i saw that Mika was able to do another lap!!! He saved 2 litres probably, and he was in FRONT of me Sad

Anyway, when Mika made his pitstop it turned out that i won alot of time, because i was almost 4 seconds closer than before the stops, and he had mistaken me to be Matt, and let me past Very Happy Turns out Mika is not that smart Very Happy

I just thought he let me through because i was leading the championship, but i misjudged that haha! I was just taking it pretty easy in the 2nd stint, because i thought i maybe couldn't make it to the end with fuel, and Mika was right behind me. I thought he would stay behind me, but it turns out he was trying to overtake me, but i didn't notice Very Happy

Anyway, sorry for the book i just wrote on here!

See you all next race!

Maarten

btw, after the finish, i had 0.1 litres left after 44 laps! The engine cut out in T1 after the finish Very Happy
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Funny report, Maarten...and wow 0.1 liters left at the end of the race. That's a good fuel management.

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 pm

its not often i say this but maarten deffinitely deserved this one. we battled toe to toe for the duration of the whole race, with even the slightest mistakes being costly.

i really didnt expect to be on the front row considering gek was able to do 26.5 in qual. i was happy with my quickest lap but could have got another tenth out of it if i didnt make a slight error at the last corner.

i managed to pull alongside maarten down into t1 and touched the grass slightly but managed to not spin. this allowed him to pull out a gap and put gek right on my tail. fortunately enough i was able to stay in front and slowly start reeling maarten in, until i made a mistake on lap 12~ which allowed gek to pass me, but i quickly caught him and took p2 back. from then on i pushed like crazy to try and make a pass on maarten but he was just too good. i finished my first stint about 5sec ahead.

starting my 2nd stint, i came out the pits and maarten came barelling into t1 about a car length behind me. but because im english and a bit stupid, i let him pass (thinking it was matt Very Happy). for the rest of the race i pushed hard but was unable to catch him.

pretty happy with my result and congrats to mst for the win. i was very impressed Wink congrats to matt too, he had an exceptional race considering he dropped back to p10 at one point

M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:08 am

Maarten Steverink wrote:btw, after the finish, i had 0.1 litres left after 44 laps! The engine cut out in T1 after the finish Very Happy

That's a cool finish indeed Smile. I would have had 0,5 l left after each 22 laps stint (both stints the same fuel consumption), after the first stint 0,1 l more because of less pushing in the first laps when around with other cars + I short shifted later on in some laps on first stint (in second stint too but not really much), but such little short-shifting seemed not to make much of a difference, I think you have do do such more exensively to have a notciceable effect. -Just now calculated that for fun, reminding the certain fuel amounts towards the end of both stints.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:00 am

Regarding Hungaroring: I hope drivers will not use the tarmac outside the curb much on those three corners in sector 1 + 2, the laptimes beyond / in front of Mika look already a bit exaggerated to me.
    We should check those laps with replay at prequaly, a bit mm off-track is ok for me, because you can't drive every lap 100% exact matching the curbs always, but it should be visible that the driver aims to drive
    those corners normally (braking, turning in normally there). When you just hold on to the gas you can be a second quicker or s.th. like that (not tested but I think would be s.th. like this much), those kind of laps should not be allowed.
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:01 am

Regarding lap times in the low 1.39's, it is possible to do it without using excessive curb extensions, I always try to do legal laps as I don't see the point in setting a lap that is not legal. If you look at my lap time progression you will see that I gradually improve the sector times with each PB. The 1.39.4 that I set was an almost perfect lap. I think with a perfect setup that it is possible to do a high 1.38.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Ok then I'm too slow Smile, I still haven't tested every setup detail yet there, but with 31/35 wings and the setup almost perfect a lap at 1:40.2 would be my limit, feeling there is no way of pushing any better in any corner with that car. I couldn't imagine to be another second quicker, so I had my doubts on those laps in front.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 am