Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+6
Maarten Steverink
Martin Slezak
M Waechter
Luca Mosca
Max Caputi
Andrea Lojelo
10 posters

19 April 2012: Donington Park

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

19 April 2012: Donington Park Empty 19 April 2012: Donington Park

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:40 pm

19 April 2012: Donington Park 01OW_donington

First race of the Open Wheel Series.

Here is the schedule:
    Prequalification until Thurday 19 April 2012.
    drivers from 1 to 15 in group A
    drivers from 16 to 30 in group B

Thursday 19 April 2012
    21:00 (CET, UTC+1) Briefing in our Chat
    Qualification: 15 minutes. No restriction on the amount of laps
    Warmup: 5 min (waiting time before the race session)
    Race 1: 32 laps

Races will NOT be in Full Mode.

Please don't forget your allocation for the race
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

19 April 2012: Donington Park Empty Re: 19 April 2012: Donington Park

Post by Max Caputi Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Ho girato un po' ma non vedo il mio tempo nel Live Timing. Devo fare qualcosa io, o la registrazione del tempo dovrebbe essere automatica ? Il report è aggiornato alle 14:51 ed io effettivamente ho girato dalle 15. Devo aspettare il prossimo aggiornamento?
    Luca Mosca
    Luca Mosca
    ---
    ---

Post by Luca Mosca Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Adesso sono su Wink Era fermo per un piccolo aggiornamento Wink
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Max Caputi Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Last edited by Max Caputi on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm

mettila nell'apposito topic, per favore.
    Max Caputi
    Max Caputi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Max Caputi Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Andrea Lojelo wrote:mettila nell'apposito topic, per favore.

Ok
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I saw a small the problem at the live timing today: the f1800 live on track results/action of Clive and Caputi (for example) did appear on the Monza track timing as well (not the fastest laptimes on the right, but the log-text on the left side), but I think it is now already fixed again.
    Martin Slezak
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Slezak Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:00 pm

I guess that pre-Qualification should be done through nRank but the Radiator's server is not ranked:-/ Could you please fix it? Thank you.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:26 pm

http://radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=93
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:28 pm

no prequalifications are using our own livetiming
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:08 am

I've a question...I have no H gear, so no clutch pedal...that means I've to use autoclutch, and maybe simple gear (the difference between using or not simple gear is very little in terms of lap time)...This means to loose something around 1-1.5s per lap :-(

I've heard in the past there is some way to disingage the autoclutch also not having the cluthc pedal...Anyone knows somthing more about that? Can I use maybe a button as clucht pedal, or so?

Thanks for helping me!

By the way, I'm very happy we have started official events, I feel completly different emotion by doing it!!!

Thanks to rsr team to organize a such amazing championship, and to all the drivers involved in the races! :-)
    Martin Slezak
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Slezak Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Please tell me more about the loss of time by using "simple gear" and "simple clutch". Never heard about it. Thank you.
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Ciao Martin, if you use autoclutch and simple gear (or just autoclutch), the car take a while to change gear: when you press the gear-up button, the system release the accelerator, change gear, and put it again to the maximum...If you use manual clutch you can change gear without using the clutch pedal (if I'm not wrong), and the gear change doesn't take any time....this means the gear changing are quite faster...You can feel the difference if you are following a car with no autoclutch, you can see it moving far away from you everytime you change gear....

The KS2 car has not this problem, as the real car has no clutch pedal, so you can drive with autoclutch and simple gear off without problem even if you have just two pedals...

I guess the lap time loss for a 1800 on doninghton is around 1-1.5s, which is quite a lot...But I haven't done any test on it...If someone can do that for us :-) I would be very happy!!!
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:59 pm

I did a 38,6 with the H-shifter, a 40,1 with auto clutch and simple gear, and 39,5 with only auto clutch and no simple gear.

that last laptime could be faster, because i'm not used to it anymore.

with only autoclutch you need to lift the throttle to shift up, and blip the throttle when shifting down, pretty much like you do with the H-shifter.

Maarten
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Yes Maarten is right, auto clutch with simple gear off could be the fastest option for you, when you get used to that style.
    You could also try to leave auto-clutch on + using H-shifter mode and assign the gears to some buttons at your wheel instead the switches inside the H-shifter by editing every single button-number that is allocated to each gear there in the shifter.ini to the numbers that are being activated when you press the buttons at your wheel (for example "GEAR_1=6", 2GEAR_2=7", and so on for a G25 wheel).
    That way you have always to press the button down to leave a gear put in -which may be a strange feeling at first-, but you don't have to move (a maybe sometimes dodgy or defect) H-shifter stick around and you're being now even more faster at the gear-change (because the way that the stick needs to change gear is now eliminated Wink). That's probably sounds 'not so legal', but I think some other people beside me (my H-shifter is defect beside just three switches that still work) are using this method too -they just don't talk about it like me to keep their 'secret' maybe Wink-, when I hear (at replays) how fast they change their gears too, but to check that I would need their very own replay-file.

Last edited by M Waechter on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Martin Slezak
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Slezak Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Thank you guys for your explanation. I did the whole Road runners cup with autoclutch and simplegear:-/ To be little more competetive could I ask you how you shift to be faster with NO simplygear and NO autoclutch. Just press clutch, lift thorttle like in the real life? What revs do you shift? Thank you guys.
    Luca Orsetti
    Luca Orsetti
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Luca Orsetti Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:46 pm

M Waechter wrote:You could also try to leave auto-clutch on + using H-shifter mode and assign the gears to some buttons at your wheel...
    Even when I had the DFGT often I used this method, it is a big advantage over the sequential (time changed actually are equal if not lower than the H-shifter, but with auto-clutch OFF, even if you do not have the clutch pedal...) The problem lies precisely in having to hold the button corresponding to the gear still down, and with cars like the F1800, which often leads to oversteer you to maintain control, it becomes a bit difficult to drive ... However, just getting used to it and in any case, the time decreases.

M Waechter wrote:-they just don't talk about it like me to keep their 'secret' maybe Wink-.
    I think I was the first to describe this system about two years ago rabbit.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Luca Orsetti wrote:..are equal if not lower than the H-shifter, but with auto-clutch OFF, even if you do not have the clutch pedal...

Yes, auto clutch off + that H-shifter method is the fastest thing to get (though H-shifter can be very almost as equal fast at shifting for guys that are used to it, 'cause you can move the stick from one to another gear really fast also, almost like pressing one button and then the next button), but the only thing I don't understand about what you've written (question I have): Then how without having a clutch pedal (like Fabio Grippa) will you get the car in some first movement / how do you start in first gear with auto-clutch 'off' and no clutch pedal ? I thought it is impossible to make a start without a clutch.?

Last edited by M Waechter on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Luca Orsetti wrote:
    M Waechter wrote:-they just don't talk about it like me to keep their 'secret' maybe Wink-.
    I think I was the first to describe this system about two years ago rabbit.

Aha Wink.. . No, -regarding me just btw.- I have never read about this method alread two years ago or even now I've never seen such a thread / posting anywhere coming across to me, I just came to this idea / method (to use the other buttons at the wheel for the gears) completely by myself.

btw. here some more -blabla- to complete this theme:
    A G27 (with in total 8 buttons at the wheel itself) would be btw. even better for cars with 6 gears or more, since the G25 has only four acessable buttons directly at the wheel (the two red ones, and the two at the sequential shifter (silver / metal ones)). So because of the with only 4 buttons at the wheel equipped G25 you have to still to use some switches on the H-shifter to get all gears switched for example the gear no. 5 and 6.
    But for tracks which does not need the first gear, you can just start the first button at gear 2 until 5th at the G25 wheel and the 6th is once again then at the H-shifter, so it is no big problem with the G25 also.
    And as long as a car has 5 gears you can even leave the 5th gear switched 'on' all the time at the H-shifter, because the minor gear numbers like 4 then like 3 and so on a handled 'previous' to the higher ones, so you can press the button you use for the 4th wheel + having the 5th gear already plugged in at the H-shifter.., then when you leave the finger from the 4th gear, the shifting into 5th gear follows directly ('automatically').
    Martin Slezak
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Martin Slezak Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:00 am

I see that it stops to be a simulation for cars' enthusiastics and more becoming the sport where you push everything to the limit:-) I used to hope that Assetto Corsa will end this one day, but sadly it's not gonna happen:-/
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 am

Well, Martin, not everyone has as only goal to go fast, no matter what. I'm using the H-shifter just because I love driving with it. I make me feel a bit more I'm driving a real car.

I wouldn't compromize my racing experience having some crazy mapping on buttons just to go 0.5 sec faster, Saying that I think everyone can do whatever they want until we keep things in a legal way. Until it's just a different configuration of your buttons, it's fine to me.

At the end no one wins a race with hotlaps. To win a race you need to be consistent and not do mistakes (or at least do less mistakes of the others).

When I'm racing my only goal is to have fun, and I know that's the same for all my team mates. We all believe that training is the only thing that can make us faster.

Marco is maybe a bit borderline, but I know he is just passionate for this sim, and spends hours tweaking his setup and does tons of laps to be fully prepared for the races. At the end of the day, anyone enjoy it in a different way. As long as we don't do things to take unfair advantages over the others, and we can still have fun, it's fine for us.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am

Martin Slezak wrote:I see that it stops to be a simulation for cars' enthusiastics and more becoming the sport where you push everything to the limit:-) I used to hope that Assetto Corsa will end this one day, but sadly it's not gonna happen:-/

I wouldn't see that 'trick' too serios -like that posting might sound-, it's just a small mod / just an replacemant on the gear assign of the H-shifter at all (though it is more comfortable and save that way of course, because you have always both hands at the wheel, to control it..).

Maybe in future sims the gear-change-time of an similar option like simple-gear, will be reduced or eliminated completely, then the shifting would be the very same for everyone again.. . In a way that you can use either the sequential paddles or a real H-shifter (at older etc. cars) for people who want the real feeling of vintage H-shifter cars, with being both methods 100% equal quick at gear change.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:47 am

Andrea Lojelo wrote:Marco is maybe a bit borderline

No, not really I think.. , the only diagnosis I got once by a good phsychological a few years back is that I originally should be intellectually gifted ('hochbegabt') person, but just don't see that much of it (in results in my real life (in this kind of society)) because being out of training (for going studing for example) for too much years now -afer some bad destiny I had with my family which began 2003 and even earilier you could say-. Maybe the only thing that makes you kind 'borderline' than as well, is when you test too much hours about your day about trying to compare tons of just minor setup-(combinations) Wink.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:16 am

Marco, sorry if my words offended you, but I meant something completely different. For sure I wrote it using wrong words. I was speaking about the fact of mapping gears to the buttons, that in my personal view is a bit borderline, simply because it's not the "standard" way of using the wheel. I wouldn't ever dare to judge you, as a person. My apologies for the misunderstandings.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah, I already thought that you may have just connected the word 'borderline' to the game in that case and not kind of connected to the real person.
    But thx, for correcting it / make clear how the word was used in that post Wink.
    --
    btw.: Maybe when my H-shifter would not have been defect at most of the positions/switches from the very beginning on I owned it, then I would never have searched very implizit for other ways (mapping to other buttons) in my mind to overcome the defect -and would maybe use the stick also now. I bought a used G25 and some switches did not work there from beginning on, maybe the previous owner acted a bit to brutal with the shifter, so some work completely not and some have contact in only 10% of the cases, still three of them are in 100% working condition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am