Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

Bumpercam / Bonnet View

Glenn English
    Driver
    Driver

Bumpercam / Bonnet  View Empty Bumpercam / Bonnet View

Post by Glenn English Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 am

Hi All,

I had a bit of an epiphany last night - purely by chance I took the FTarget around Zandvoort using the 'bumpercam' view, and for the very first time I can truly say that I felt in control of the car - suddenly I can place the car on the tarmac with complete accuracy, and drift elegantly out to the kerbs at corner exits.
    The way the track and kerbs seem to approach and disappear beneath me is the closest I have come to what my eyes experience during a fast run in my road car. But, maybe that's just me.
    Enthused, I then tried the same view in some of the other cars, but found that the viewpoints weren't quite as satisfactory - slightly too close to the tarmac perhaps. So, the question (and the purpose of this post) is to ask - Can the 'bumpercam' viewpoints be adjusted, perhaps by editing an obscure text file somewhere ?
    If so, my simracing career may be about to undergo a revolution.......... Very Happy

Thanks in anticipation,

Glenn.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm