Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

development - new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 29 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by laurent resende Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:35 pm

some chronos seem incredible! I met this particular gap in Project CARS or guys turned more than 2 seconds deviation! I wanted to know why.
    "pilot" use "pad" access, or controllers other than flying, and covers or External views, which a priori confer an advantage! you Cuspide no problem more than 1 second per lap! yes, just with the cover for this month is 5 to 1 second per lap for a fast driver already
    this is what it practiced on RFactor 1, personally I did 2 or 3 races this simulation, my times were really means in relation to others, I quickly recommended to use the hood view, instead our traditional interior view! miracle and there! least one second lap!
    I personally can not imagine a simulation quality AC and our very dear netKar other than in real driving conditions, driving and inside view, moreover I will enroll me any race or conditions will not be mandatory
    des "pilotes" utilisent des "pad" wireless,ou des controleurs autres que des volants, et des vues capots ou exterieures , ce qui conferent a priori un avantage! il vous metterons sans probleme plus de 1 seconde au tour !!et oui ,rien qu'avec la vue capot c'est au mois 5 a 1 seconde au tour pour un pilote deja rapide
    c'est ce qui ce pratiquais sur RFactor 1, perso j'ai fait 2 ou 3 courses sur ce simu , mes temps étaient vraiment moyens par rapport aux autres ,ont m'a vite recommandé d'utiliser la vue capot ,a la place de notre traditionnelle vue intérieure !!et là miracle !!une seconde de moins au tour !!
    personnellement je ne conçoit pas un simu de la qualité de A.C et de notre tres cher NetKar autrement que dans les conditions de conduite réelles, volant et vue interieure, d'ailleurs je ne m'inscrirai a aucune course ou ces conditions ne seront pas obligatoires
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

development - new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 29 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by henrizio Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:38 pm

M Waechter wrote:Could someone explain how to be able to drive low 1:50s at Imola in the McLaren ? It understeers as hell -rolling over the front axis-, you can't even hold the line on the straight's fast 4th & 5th gear corners, so that you can't bring the car into the right position until the next corner appears. When you try to steer more to overcome it, then of course at one hit of the side asphalt of the track, it spins out. Just wondering how the aliens drive this car and being mabye 6-7 sec. faster.

I guess you are overdriving the car. Probably you try carry too much speed into corners and also you might turn too much. McLaren, like other road cars needs very smooth inputs. After you learn to handle it smoothly you can try again to push more.

btw. how is your McLaren lap times vs 458?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Yes, I know that Wink. Overdriving, -beginning on the top of the limit / beginning over the limit, when trying a new car, and then work downwards kind of step by step to the point some grip begins to appear-, is the way I do most times Smile.

I may try another track also, seems like Imola is not my best track in AC in the moment (tough it was in NKPro with Formula cars at least).
    Will try the car at an another track, Mugello, and see if the gap to top times will be less.

Regarding Ferrari 458: I still did not drive it yet, just for a few seconds. Will do later.

--

Edit, btw. @Laurent: How much rear wing did you use for your lap in Imola with the Pagani ?
    Not easy to drive with less wing (lesser then 10 or 12), because then it gets too oversteery with the front 'wing' or kind of 'flap' not adjustable as much as in other racing cars.
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:17 am

tomorrow next #4 update
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:57 am

Four new cars, two more tracks, tons of achievements, drag racing and more. Imagine with NetKar we had ~9 cars and only used 5-6 we were busy at for a long time. Now we have almost tons more of amount.
    I don't come along (have enough time) to test all of them in a serious way (and not to mention about all the tons of possible achievements you can unlock for fun if you want), would be a full time job to do so. As they claim on FB by themself about the forth update "Sry to steal your holidays (time wise)."  Very Happy .
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:20 am

fantastic...and the for sure {{..would be a full time job....-0
    amazing this game....I have fear for the online..  mirror   ..need to buy another life...OSOM
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:21 am

giancarlo graziano wrote:fantastic...and the for sure {{..would be a full time job....-0
    amazing this game....I have fear for the online..  mirror   ..need to buy another life...OSOM

Very Happy At least I find it a little easier / less time intense to find a right car setup. The option to turn off tire wear also makes it easier to keep the car in a same condition (except tire temperature), when you just want to test out setup values for a certain car. So that you can compare setup settings more direct now. Also each tweaking in toe and camber as well as tire pressure,.. can be felt quite well on track/corners in AC and also in a logical way (it covers with my experience). And non racing cars have less settings and range of values to try out = no setup testing over days like in NKPro (for me) Wink. -Though some cars as Formula Abarth and some other racing cars have enough (similar amount as in NKPro) setup adjustments of course, there you have to spend some more time with.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:02 am

In drag racing the 'traffic' light is always at green as soon as you get on track or Restart the session & so time is always counting immediately.. .
    So to be competitive / have competitive drag racing times, you have to start the driving quite immediately / directly after pressing "Restart" Wink, because at wating, the waiting-time when standing still already counts, though the car has not been moved so far.

[Simply the red (clock stands still as long as the light is red) to green light procedure-switch (clock starts to count up) does not work. The light is always at green by a mistake from beginning on.. .]

(Already posted this among some other more minor issues in the AC forum.)
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:26 am

giancarlo graziano wrote:fantastic...and the for sure {{..would be a full time job....-0

on Gian, me who believed etre in retirement!!! veils that I delay me has work!!!!

and not easy apres of the years on NetKar to get used has a simulator new generation!!!!! nothing is similar!!! we are late ha

catch

!!!! drive
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Stupid question: Can anyone explain, how the drag-racing is to use ? Because when I start a session or restart one, .. the lights are always green straight from the beginning and I have no AI car either. I can't find a "start race" button or a similar thing during the session, if there is one (I read about such button, but can't find it Wink).

Edit: Now I recently noticed that everything works fine in "Race" Mode, but in "Hotlap" Mode it is as described above.
    In "Race" Mode I can then choose an opponent and the lights go from red (or yellow) to green = start of drag race.. .
    But in that "Race" Mode the app will not work of course, it works only in "Hotlap" Mode as you all know.
    So what might be to do to get the lights working correctly also in "Hotlap" Mode ?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 am

btw. Did you notice the "wrong way" message has gone since v0.4 for some reason (or not reason WinkSmile). So when you drive a track the wrong way no meassage will appear anymore.
    Not a big issue, as we normally drive in the right way Smile, but as I always notice much any difference in detail, this difference popped in my eyes as well.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Anybody else who don't like the Pagani Huayra ? For me it's a perfect example for a high tech car with tons of toys, but with a under-carraige / body like shite Wink(any Golf III has had a better one). In real life it just fits to the needs of ' noble guys, who want comfort.
    Understeers like crap ;)and has no feel for grip because of its suspension characteristic.

Basically it's a matter of taste, I just don't like those cars with a too 'soft' ('wide') suspension like the GT3 BMW is such one compared to the GT2 BMW as well.
    A little bit of a soft suspension dynamic is ok / good, but not that mentioned kind of.

Last edited by M Waechter on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:07 pm

I SHARE YOUR NOTICE NOTICE MARCO, this car is a "truck", heavy, inaccurate! Not a race car! Evil or Very Mad
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 am

degree
    Michael Hornbuckle
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Michael Hornbuckle Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:44 am

If this thing understeers so bad and is so crappy, why is it a couple seconds a lap faster than a 458 using the same (or very close to it) semi-slick tires?  This thing is a beast that eats Ferrari's, Lambo's, and damn near every other car on the planet yet can be driven to the store by your wife.....and it does it all with a full luxury interior and no big ugly wing.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Maybe you're right and the corner speed really isn't that low like it feels in the first moments. But mainly it is only a beast because of the engine, not because it feels so nice Wink.
    Like Laurent I find the engine + charakter of the car just a bit inaccurate (describes it best) to drive (an inaccurate mixed cocktail). But I haven't tried it too seriously so far, so maybe I'll change my opinion a bit !
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:12 pm

M Waechter wrote:Maybe you're right and the corner speed really isn't that low like it feels in the first moments. But mainly it is only a beast because of the engine, not because it feels so nice Wink.
    Like Laurent I find the engine + charakter of the car just a bit inaccurate (describes it best) to drive (an inaccurate mixed cocktail). But I haven't tried it too seriously so far, so maybe I'll change my opinion a bit !

Very Happy
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:23 pm

I hated it at first as well, but it feels a bit like a huge overpowered american classic after i drove it a bit :DLove oversteering from the apex hehe!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Did you notice that the M66 track has got new (more vintage and realistic looking) textures (asphalt texture has changed a lot, commercial banners look more dirty) and other changes since v0.8 or v0.8.2 ?
    Edit: Ehm no.., something must have fooled me -lol- at that particular night, after driving on Nürburgring for some days and then switching back to M66 again.. (the reason for it). I think the textures are still pretty much or all the same, only lightning is a little different.
    -Unfortunately the lightning of the trackside objects (buildings commercial banners) looks not perfect now at the moment, many of them are too dark. Previously it looked more fresh and -depending on the angle they appeared on track- were lightened individially by the sun and in general were not so unrealistically dark. Maybe a different track daytime gives another picture, not sure.

I definately like the new sky in AC since v0.8, has a better natural color and cloudshape,.. . The old sky(-movement when turning around) was kind of like looking/driving into/in a "tunnel" or under a cap after some month of facing it and kind of 'depressing' because of that effect in a certain way Wink.

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:25 am; edited 3 times in total
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:20 pm

problem invalid lap tamburello with RSRlive timing, IMOLA! 2 wheels on the track at all times when it is not 4, every time! Hop! lap invalid argue ! whereas with Rivali tempo, no problem, turn validated with the machine simulation of the penalty, no problem and no penalty! with the leader board friend, ditto valid tour!

what is the reason? I post on youtube and on the forum as soon as they are ready videos 2 way invalidated
     ::doh:: 
    very disabling when the participant have is a challenge that is based on recognized only by the live timing RSR lap
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi Laurent,
    it's normal. We don't have the same way of calculating penalties as Rivali. We both use automatic ways of handling lap validation. Both have good points and bad points. Both handle things perfectly in the most of the cases but not so well some particular cases.

Our rule is based on out of the track boundaries+ dirt on your tires.
    With AC there is no 2 wheels on track or FIA rules applied. We had to come up with our own validation system.

The good thing is that is the same for everyone that is using our app, therefore everyone has the same problems/constraints.

If you want to do a lap with our app, you need to go tighter there.

Everything depends on how AC track maker decided to have that particular corner. Dirt+out of track there, force you to have a tighter line with out rule.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Hello Andrea,
    ok I understand, but a few moments, as they are under treatment and upload on youtube, I'll put 2 video 2 passages online, you tell me if it is normal that invalidated
    I do not shout, and of course this is not my habit to challenge to challenge the regulations, if it can be avoided and advance the system of penalties, it will be perfect
    but it is really very frustrating 2 PB pale ! lol  , especially since I'm in battle to challenge the best times whit ACItaly test run 6 ::mad::
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Here are the videos (for continuing to better see the wheels)

1 laps:

one another lap

the message invalid lap intervient after the first corner
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:07 am

That seems to be very weird. I can't reproduce the issue, Laurent.
    I'm still green even cutting much much more.
    Do you have the same issue even at low speed?
    If you do it at speed, does it happen all the times?

Can you do similar screenshots/video showing the app going red?

development - new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 29 Erhqzbr

development - new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 29 Q6S5a5U

First thing I would suggest you is to do a Steam integrity check ("verify integrity of game cache")
    Right click the game in Steam > Properties> Local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:24 am

first of all, Andrea, thank you for the attention you wear to my post.
    the signal turns red with the message "Invalid round" exactly at the entrance of the first left turn Variant Tamburello, when, as the two videos above, my wheels go up slightly (particularly in the first video) on the patie Kerbs of red and white, and always at high speed (4 th gear is reacceleration), when I enter the right turn on red indicator RSR is already live timing and speed allumé.a small amount more on this part of Kerbs incredible, the light stays green! blush 

in fact it lights up when I pass not too bad! lol in the first video I was 1.44.4

I checked as you advised me, the entire cache simulation, and tomorrow, Go, I try again! tonight I follow out!

again thank you Andrea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am