Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+65
Marco Ercoles
Joco Gorenc
Matt Dawson
Thierry Barbeau
Mogens Nielsen
Luca Seghieri
Vitaliano polito
Piers Structures
Mauro Delegà
Max Caputi
Danilo Biggio
Simon Bevcic-batina
Mark Schilling
ale paccosi
Eugenio Sanzone
Martin Slezak
Giorgio Mosca
Antonio Lallo
Gigi_Monticelli
Vincenzo Vanore
alexcand
Paul Doherty
Andre Gravningsmyhr
f.gek
Francesco Lerose
Vincent Buccarello
Luca Orsetti
Lars Scheving
DarrenNKP
Timo Eckert
Kamran Choudhry
Attilio Barba
Clive Melbourne
Jorge Alves
Leonardo Ratafia
Olivier Boissel
X.Clock
Maarten Steverink
Matjaz Ozimic
Jim Michels
giancarlo graziano
Luca Mosca
Fabio Grippa
Roberto Zanerini
Luca "SkyGT" Naldi
facu88
Sergio Marques
igor barmashoff
Jean Racon
laurent resende
Marco Calesella
Gary Munson
Gianluca Bonifacio
Andrea Candini
Raúl Expósito
René Lorig
M Waechter
Jamie Shorting
MikaRaymond
Paul O'Brien
davide zardin
Vaggelis
Pobb R Tippet
M Carey
Andrea Lojelo
69 posters

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

MartinDyrlund
    Driver
    Driver

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 27 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by MartinDyrlund Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:38 pm

I know why the Z4 is hard to drift :)There is a stability control in the car you cannot turn off... Its called something like EDL in the electronics app, and everytime i tried to drift it was yellow...
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa - Page 27 Empty Re: new PC title in development at Kunos Simulazioni: Assetto Corsa

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:47 pm

quoting Luca Sodano on twitter
    tip of the day: "EDL" is not a driving help. It's Electronic Differential Lock (kind of lsd imitation). YOU CAN'T DISABLE IT!
    f.gek
    ---
    ---

Post by f.gek Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:35 pm

::rischio::  Antonio allenati che sei lento lol!
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 pm

f.gek wrote:Hello Martin,
    Fabio is a dear friend, as well as an engineer working on race cars.
    His judgment is a judgment very technical and certainly valid. Of course I expect one weeks, so who knows best the best simulator in the world. Fabio is also very fast on the track, not the fastest but very fast lol!
    And was it not him having done some snow racing/driving with his Skoda Octavia in real ? I remember some videos. So he might be quite skilled to drive cars in AC at the drifting limit from beginning on, his driving style may fit to AC's needed driving style well (+ he was never a slow driver as well as you mantioned it already).
    More than my style, which is much more without any (kind of real planned) drifting.

Last edited by M Waechter on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Clive Melbourne
    Clive Melbourne
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Clive Melbourne Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi guys , I assume that todays planned update has not yet been released?!
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:04 pm

M Waechter wrote:
    f.gek wrote:Hello Martin,
    Fabio is a dear friend, as well as an engineer working on race cars.
    His judgment is a judgment very technical and certainly valid. Of course I expect one weeks, so who knows best the best simulator in the world. Fabio is also very fast on the track, not the fastest but very fast lol!
    And was it not him having done some snow racing/driving with his Skoda Octavia in real ? I remember some videos. So he might be quite skilled to drive cars in AC at the drifting limit from beginning on, his driving style may fit to AC's needed driving style well (+ he was never a slow driver as well as you mantioned it already).
    More than my style, which is much more without any drifting.
    I attended an Audi Experince Course...and yes, some stupid video while driving my car :-), but this is not making me a better driver! 
    I like driving in the real world and in the simulation game...my driving style is really clean, Antonio said me one times I was driving like Button (never understood if it was a congratulation or an offence!), and I beleive my driving style should suit AC very well, we will see....there are several alines which were so faster with NKpro... and the AC community will be much bigger, so...it will be tough and tough to be in the first positions...
    Antonio Lallo
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Antonio Lallo Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Ahhhh, fast ot not fast this is the problem...lol! like Kimi say: wait and see! ::hail:: ::hail:: ::hail::
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 pm

A "Grippa" has always grip. No surprise, he does 'never' slide around or lose it totally. *joke of the year* Rolling Eyes scratch Very Happy

---

v0.2 fixes:
    "Better engine coast at near minimum rpm, no need half gas to move the needle anymore."

I noticed that too: In v0.1 you need half the throttle apply to get the revs needle (the engine revs) into some first movement ..and then from that point on suddenly raises kind of like in an exponential effect (a bit too fast) on the other hand. (If I remember right, but I could be wrong on the second mentioned point).

Maybe this will change s.th. on the behaviour on throttle when driving too, or maybe not, we'll see. Just a guess.
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 pm

update start now, 813,3 Mb
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 am

Personally I like all the BMW cars, they give the most good (and usual driving-)feeling in a way. Especially the 90s BMW E30, once you get used to the slower speed of the car, it
    gets one of the most enjoyable for me. Also Lotus 49, Abarth Fomula & 500, KTM X-Bow. Those are my favourites.
    Ferrari 458 driving is very special too (like all the others left & not mentioned), but is just not among my favourites to drive.

I don't like the Lotus Eleven that much, I'm just not a fan of such kind of Osella similar plain laid cars, though the immersion of the car & when driving it is ok/real (also the wheel looks similar to my G25 and so on Smile). For my driving those cars appear too understeery, that's one of the reasons, why I don't like such cars like the Lotus Eleven much. (I would call it a road-buggy Wink, something like a dirt & dune-buggy, but adopted to the street, with mainly just a lowered ride-high, hard suspension & a different shape).

I like the Zonta & the Paganini-Comp. P4/5. The Zonta is a cool car (what an powerful engine.. !) & the P 4/5 car could be a quite good car for a 'everyone's championship', because it is nice to handle without making huge/dangerous mistakes, so among a few others (like the BMW cars, Abarth, KTM X-Bow) it could be the car, which would lead most easily into close racing on the track for a first try (then later on we could try more difficult cars.. Wink).

--

The BMW M3 GT2 engine sound has changed with v0.2, the sound itself is a litte more basic or simple (edges polished, more 'round') now.
    I liked the old previously presented sound of that car a little better. But it is not a big deal of course, I'm still also fine with the new sound.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:51 am

Haven't tried the latest update yet, but there was a whole thread at assetto support forums about too much traction, or traction control kicking in even on cars that don't have it. I have a BMW E30 M3, and the overall grip is fine, but the traction is way too high. I work at BMW Driving Experience, and we have 12 BMW E90 M3's to use at Zandvoort, and it feels VERY similar to AC, except for a little too much traction. But the thing has HUGE tyres, so little grip isn't that strange.

Maarten
    Fabio Grippa
    Fabio Grippa
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Fabio Grippa Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Ciao Marteen, thanks for your feedback,  which is really  important as you are a professional driver! I'glad to know there are other people feeling too much traction, I'll have a look on the official ac forum...I hope they will improve this aspect, making ac really perfect!!
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 pm

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/m3-e30-drifting-feeling.1713/page-8#post-23672

Very Happy
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Maarten Steverink wrote:But the thing has HUGE tyres, so little grip isn't that strange.

Maarten
    Yes you're right, huge tires (Reifen - 'Umfang' - in german) = less spinning tires, than in case it would have small tires.

--

Maybe the general traction is too high, when acceleration on a straight line -yes I would agree with that.., but to spin around on throttle or drift -once you are in a corner..- happens quite easy in AC. So once you are driving a corner, the traction acts not too high, I would say.

And the traction on a straight line is just not simulated 100%, but such I expected a little bit in a way.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Yes, Aris was looking into it, and discovered a problem with low to medium rev traction. The E30 M3 can't even do a serious drift in 2nd or 3rd gear, and can't do donuts in 1st gear. That just isn't right, and Aris agreed. Let's see what the update did with more low and medium rev torque. :DCANT wait to get home and try the update. Unfortunatly i'm not home until tomorrow evening, haven't been home since thursday, 'cause i'm giving an advance performance driving course right now :DSo that's not too bad, but i still want to play AC! That has to say something Very Happy

Maarten
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:48 pm

Maarten Steverink wrote:.. what the update did with more low and medium rev torque. :DCANT wait to get home and try the update. ..
    I'm not sure if ""Better engine coast at near minimum rpm, no need half gas to move the needle anymore." was meant to have to do with the torque, so unfortunately
    you would not much notice a difference I think Neutral.

I guess the sentence just explained the issue that the revs was bulding up too late and sudden -and then too much up to half the revs- when pressing the throttle pedal in neutal.
    That has been solved now in v0.2, so that the pedal : revs now acts more linear & you can finetune low to mid revs now (in neutral position of the gearbox and else).

note on that: Strangely I discovered that it is still there in the BMW GT2, but that's the only car that still has this 'problem'. All other cars like the Lotus 49, Ferrari, X-Bow don't have this issue anymore -so they are fine-, they definately had the issue previous the update also. So it seems like, they left the BMW out at solving this issue by some mistake.
    [Will report that in AC forum, then the Devs could look over it, if they missed s.th. out regarding the BMW GT2 or not.]

Last edited by M Waechter on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Aris: "The M3 E30 had the correct top power but a bit too underpowered in low to mid revs. We choose to go with real life dynos and we went a bit too pessimistic. I think I still need a bit more low end torque, will find more info."

Aris 2: "Another thing had to do with an idea we had on rolling resistance which in AC is a bit more complicated than just a simple fixed number at any situation... it worked very well on all tyres"
    Attilio Barba
    Attilio Barba
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Attilio Barba Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm trying to do 10 laps in Time Attack on the circuit of Monza with the gt2, arrive at most 7. I do not go with the Zonda over 6  laps

default settings without help
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Anyone fiddled with the new FFB settings yet?  With kerb effects set to 80%, road 85%, and slip left at 20% it feels really really good, a lot more fun to drive, and I'd say the Formula Abarth almost/ if not completely feels like the F2000 Very Happy Think I am going to have to get a new graphics card tho, it's already struggling hot-lapping, which doesn't bode well for multiplayer.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:04 pm

@ Attlio: Simply put in more fuel on the default setup Wink.

--

@ Marius: Y, I have to say that on Valleluga -a track with more polygons beside the road than the previous ones (Monza and Magione & now Mugello) I tried- my GTX 560 ti drops down a bit in certain sections as well. Not the case in Monza, Magione, Mugello,.., so I thought that I would be fine, but it is as always: When more polygons appear (more cars or trackside objects) my 560ti with 384 shader cores simply is not enough to handle that still well.
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 am

having too much grip is not necessary means that is arcade, probably other sims are not as well done as this one, that's my guess. and it's not only the tyre that is working, gt and single seaters have downforce aswell, that's reflected on the grip at certain speeds..

you can check the Hz and critical values in the developer apps, there's one called race engineer (or car engineer) and it shows that info, but you have to do it when you are in the tracks, it's still under development, since there are other priorities at the moment, as Kunos told me, in this case particulary
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 am

Ok, thx Leonardo ! I btw. also must have had my eyes closed at the beginning as I wrote
    "Btw.: In AC I miss a bit of those measurements of the real camber, Hz, aero-calc., ride-high values, as they were/are shown at the bottom of some setup tabs in NKPro.",
    because there IS already a separate screen/graphic with car info containing 'current-real' toe, camber,.. values right beside the setup adjustments. So in the moment I typed that post, I must have forgotten about this screen for a moment (or it wasn't (always) functional in v0.1 but later on after updates) Wink.
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah!! 1:55,3 at imola with the Ferrari 458 Very Happy
    laurent resende
    laurent resende
    Driver
    Driver

Post by laurent resende Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Maarten Steverink wrote:Yeah!! 1:55,3 at imola with the Ferrari 458 Very Happy
    same for me Maarten Smile

multiplayer !!!multiplayer !!

lol!
    Maarten Steverink
    Maarten Steverink
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Maarten Steverink Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:15 pm

laurent resende wrote:
    Maarten Steverink wrote:Yeah!! 1:55,3 at imola with the Ferrari 458 Very Happy
    same for me Maarten Smile

multiplayer !!!multiplayer !!

lol!
    Aaaawesome! I feel a race coming up! IF my graphics card can handle multiplayer Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am