Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

5 posters

25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands

Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands Empty 25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Time has come for a new Radiator Spings Racing Official Race: The Oval Race!

The appointment is for Thursday 25th June.
    Practice: 20.00-21.30
    Qualify: 21.30-22:00
    Race (120 laps): 22:00

It will be a long and tough race, with FULL MODE will be on!
    Pitlane will be open for pits. You can exceed the speed limits on pit, but do it at your own risk. Be careful expecially during this face, and watch out to the cones at the pit entry. They ar not as soft as you may think. scratch

We will have a rolling start so it will be easier to avoid problems on the first lap.
    The pole man will be in the lead for the rolling start.
    The procedure is simple: 100 Km/h for pace lap that will be of one lap only. All other competitors will follow him without overtaking on one line. Don't be too close to each other. Your race will not be win on the first lap!
    Once the pole car will reach the pitboard, can accelerate at full speed. That will be the green flag for everyone. No overtake is allowed before the finish line on the pace lap!

We will practice some rolling start before qualifying.

Good luck!

25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands Pcracers

Last edited by Andrea Lojelo on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands Empty Re: 25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:53 pm

REMINDER: If you haven't done it yet, please update your nKname on GPCOS.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 pm

My game crashed...it's the first time that this is happening! I run 50.732 km driving on this sim without any problem, and just now, during an official event it decided to do so Evil or Very Mad Mad !

Bad luck!
    I hope my dead car have not created any trouble to anyone else.

See you later!
    Daniel Montiel
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Daniel Montiel Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 am

Very bad luck Andrea, thats incredible.

Congratulations everybody for racing this hard race, i am very happy of my victory, I really had good luck in some incidents.

I have to say I did not respected speed limited in pit lane (although drove carefully), I understood that it was not compulsory, and it is written in this post. However I saw in replay some drivers repected speed limit.

In my opinion I prefer to repect speed limit, and I think it should be compulsory in next event

Passing lapped cars without blu flag was really hard and dangerous, maybe in ovals race we should have a person warning lapped cars, like Tjeerd Venstraa did, (thank you for that Tjeerd)
    giancarlo graziano
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

Post by giancarlo graziano Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 am

Ouc Very bad luck Andrea, for real.. shame shame shame 1st time I listen crash whitout wall..peccato!!sfortunato veramente...
    For a question of Speed limit I prefer pit limit on ..
    but was a good hard race and S, Migrouille arround 4/5 laps to the end lost a control in a front of me and for a miracle I don t crash on im..
    Well Done Daniel...Great Race!! and sorry for contrast you.. whit out blue flag a pit board was Amazing HARD to identificated a driver..
    some Tribute to the winners
    http://sites.google.com/site/radiatorchampionship/hall-of-fame-1
    http://sites.google.com/site/radiatorchampionship/Home/news/postsenzatitolo-1
    25 June 09: Oval Beta, Netherlands Finalr10
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 am

Yes it was a pity! But the few laps I've done I had great fun. We should run more often on ovals! I love them!

thanks for the suggestion about the pit limit. We will race the next round, Laguna, with speed limits on.. Please refer to that post for suggesions.
    Stephane Migrouille
    Stephane Migrouille
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Stephane Migrouille Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Congratulations Daniel for this wonderful victory.

This race was a real carnage in respect of blue flags, and many who saw their chances evaporate.
    For my part, someone wanted me to pass but unfortunately that has slowed sharply in the curve and to avoid it so I used the wall affraid .
    I continued the race with damage to a triangle and finally I lost control and my front wing. Fortunately that Giancarlo was able to avoid me pale .
    Regarding the speed limit in the pits I have complied with the limitation not knowing very well what was allowed or not.

Gentlemen when organizing a race on taking responsibility and establishes rules when it takes place. It does not change disruptive last-minute online. Besides the chat is too disturbing. MSN PRO scratch ?????
    Alberto Canzi
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Alberto Canzi Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Congratulations to Daniel for his win.

About my race everything went very good until my second pitstop (my pace wasn't really good and my PB is quite crap. But I was quite constant and I managed to stay off from trouble and with my pit strategy I have been able to overtake Tjeerd during his stop. When he came back to track he got me (of course: he was faster then me!) but I defended from his attacks and during an attack he made a mistake going to wall (shame for him... but very good situation for me!) and I had a stable 3rd place (also thanks to others' crashes).

Then the second (and last) pit .... when I pitted out I felt the car a bit strange and I couldn't keep my pace and after few laps I spun at T1 going to wall. I managed to go back to pit and checking for tyres I noticed that front tyres were new (7 Km) while rear ones weere used (90Km)!
    I was really angry because I thrown away a safe podium for a so stupid mistake !

About flags you have to do some contemplations:
    I'm not a fan of oval races, but from my knowlegde on oval races there aren't blue flags (= dubbed drivers don't have to let pass racers in front of them) so you shouldn't complain about dubbed not letting you pass: if you want to pass you have to overtake them (of course everyone must ever be fair ! ).

Second problem: in nkPro pitboard is bugged: when you are dubbed it doesn't work: when I pitted out the first time I was one lap down and pitboard was hanged on the situation of my last full lap (position and lap count were freezed...) and that didn't let me know where and when I was in the race.

To finish: it was a nice evening and letting apart my rage against myself (what an idiot mistake I did ! I had to spend a more dime of second to check if I changed all tyres!) I had great fun (first laps were really good with many, many overtaking, all of them very respectful).
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Stephane Migrouille wrote:Gentlemen when organizing a race on taking responsibility and establishes rules when it takes place. It does not change disruptive last-minute online. Besides the chat is too disturbing. MSN PRO scratch ?????

Actually, as you can see in the first post, no rules had been added last minute online. I felt that the most of you haven't read that, so I wrote something before qualify started and when Tjeerd join (a bit late).

Andrea Lojelo wrote:It will be a long and tough race, with FULL MODE will be on!
    Pitlane will be open for pits. You can exceed the speed limits on pit, but do it at your own risk. Be careful expecially during this face, and watch out to the cones at the pit entry. They ar not as soft as you may think. scratch

We will have a rolling start so it will be easier to avoid problems on the first lap.
    The pole man will be in the lead for the rolling start.
    The procedure is simple: 100 Km/h for pace lap that will be of one lap only. All other competitors will follow him without overtaking on one line. Don't be too close to each other. Your race will not be win on the first lap!
    Once the pole car will reach the pitboard, can accelerate at full speed. That will be the green flag for everyone. No overtake is allowed before the finish line on the pace lap!

We will practice some rolling start before qualifying.

From the other side, I agree with you Stephane. We should not change rules too often, and of course, not 1 min before the race!
    I'm sorry for bothering with different formats from race to race (full mode yes or not, speed limits yes or not...). This is our first league, and we are a doing some experiments, trying to find, with your help, the format the best suit our needs.

About the chat, I agree, it's distracting and we should avoid to use it during qual/race. It was my fault to start speaking while people started qualifying. Expecially with full mode, it's so easy to do a mistake and ruin your qualify. Sorry for that.

Same for disconnecting, and reconnecting, that is indeed distracting. This should be allowed only in extreame cases (example for low FPS, or high ping). Take into account that disconnecting means that you will loose your time. Please tell me what you think about it.

I hope you will keep on giving us suggestions and feedbacks. It's really appreciated.
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

Post by Andrea Lojelo Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 am

Sorry for the delay, but, finally the points for the Oval race are up!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am