Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+5
Vyacheslav Potapenko
M Waechter
alexcand
Andrea Lojelo
MikaRaymond
9 posters

New Youtube Channel

MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

New Youtube Channel Empty New Youtube Channel

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 am

hiya guys,

ive created a youtube channel in which i hope to upload some PB's to. hit me up:

(currently uploading in 1080p)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedlineRacingTV?feature=mhee

M
    Andrea Lojelo
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

New Youtube Channel Empty Re: New Youtube Channel

Post by Andrea Lojelo Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 am

nice idea Mika, and...amazing driving! really nice lap. Well done.
    alexcand
    Driver
    Driver

Post by alexcand Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:43 am

MikaRaymond wrote:hiya guys,

ive created a youtube channel in which i hope to upload some PB's to. hit me up:

M

I just saw your incredible lap! Well done!!
    Could you share your setup, please?

Thanks
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:59 am

alexcand wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:hiya guys,

M

I just saw your incredible lap! Well done!!
    Could you share your setup, please?

Thanks
    ill share it after the race tonight Smile
    alexcand
    Driver
    Driver

Post by alexcand Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Ok thank you very much! Wink
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:53 pm

btw. I've an youtube channel too, where I uploaded my sooo *ironic* fast laps out of the season with v1.2c, -lol-, but also from the current season since Hungaroring -since I use a better setup- I've made a vid. and will either make one out of my Spa hotlaps.. . I'll not post the channel in forums, I think you'll easily find the stuff by searching, you all know how my skins / car look like Wink -look out for blue and red car, always green helmet-.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

show us a link marco, wed love to see it! Smile
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Vyacheslav Potapenko Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Mika, very much appreciated that you did share that. Is that possible to use other camera where we can see throttle and brakes line to educate ourselves?
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Yep, think the same.
    Mika, leave F9 display on, it' more interesting then to watch pedal movement in laps.. .
    alexcand
    Driver
    Driver

Post by alexcand Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:22 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:

Hi! I think the race is over now Wink... could you share your setup please?
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:06 pm

alexcand wrote:
    MikaRaymond wrote:

Hi! I think the race is over now Wink... could you share your setup please?
    check your PM Smile

unfortunately those are the only videos (replays) i have saved at the moment. i hope to upload one after every event Smile i guess maarten will have to send me some too hehe
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Wow, your car setup is capable to drive over the right curb at bus stop very well as I see in the video.., I can't do this with my setup.., I always chose the left lower curb instead.
    I'll upload my 1:49.911 + several 1:50.x laps later on my account in youtube in a few days too.

I always capture with 'half size' activated in fraps and in 1280+720 (lowest possible 16:9 setting)*, so I get 640x360 resolution videos as a result.
    *Maybe that is helpful for people who want to capture with 'slower' PCs to save some performance for the fraps video-capture.
    info for newbies: Fraps needs to be set to 30 FPS, becasue the replays are running in 30 FPS too, when you set it to 60 FPS you get wrong results / doesn't work.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 am

i had problems finding the best codec, eventually settling for h264. it isnt the best quality in the world but it will do, especially as they are only presentation videos Smile
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:50 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:i had problems finding the best codec, eventually settling for h264. it isnt the best quality in the world but it will do, especially as they are only presentation videos Smile

I use this good old Mpeg4 'Divx v3.11 alpha' crack, it is somehow better than the official Divx versions [3.11 has not as noisy picture quality and more real colors] and is not as limited as the free Divx stuff.
    Nowadays this MS Mpeg4 crack 'Divx 3.11 alpha' seems to be quite official / legal, because you can find it on official sites like e.g. chip.de.. .

Use 'low motion type' of the codec, maximum of 6000 kbit/s that works for my 640x360 videos..., for videos with much higher resolution the max. setable datarate of 6000 kbit/s might be too low,
    than in HD videos (somewhere above 800x600) you might get some artefacts. I use it in combination with virtual dub.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:37 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:show us a link marco, wed love to see it! Smile
    Newest Uploads:
    Assetto Corsa [driven Aug. - Dec. '14 only] - mixed bag hotlaps [Spa, Monza, M66, Val.Club, Silv.Nat.] (tv cam)
    Assetto Corsa [driven Aug. - Dec. '14 only] -  mixed bag hotlaps [Spa, Monza, M66, Val.Club, Silv.Nat.] (cockpit cam)
    Assetto Corsa v0.4.1 @ Monza66 [F40, F40 S3, BMW M3 GT2, KTM-X-Bow, BMW M3 E92, Lotus 49, Ferrari 599XX Evo]
    Assetto Corsa v0.1 - Lotus 49, BMW M3 GT2, KTM X-Bow @ Monza historic [default setup, live rec. while driving]

Season 2013.1 - FTarget @ Mugello [rec. out of my reply file]
    Season 2013.1 - FTarget @ Zandvoort [rec. out of my replay file]
    Season 2013.1 - F2000 @ 'Brno' [live rec. during event out of my cockpit view]
    Season 2013.1 - F2000 @ 'Imola' [live rec. during event out of my cockpit view]
    Season 2013.01 - F1600 @ 'Aosta Grand Sport (gsport)' [complete live rec. during event out of my cockpit view]
    F1600 hotlap at 'RSR Crema Sector 1' [1:43.179 min., rec. out of cockpit during practice previous the event]
    Season 2013.01 - F1600 @ 'Crema RSR Sector 1' [complete live rec. during event out of my cockpit view]

v1.3 final - the 'Vintage' & 'Vintage Replica' at A1 Ring, 'Gvb' at Prato, ('Osella' at Imola)

---

Finally I've finished the video, here's the link (12 hotlaps in total  Smile):

video of my Spa hotlaps * [v1.3b]
    video of my Monza hotlaps  [v1.3 final]
    video of my Adelaide 1989 hotlaps [v1.3 final]
    video of my Interlagos hotlaps [v1.3 final]
    video of my A1Ring hotlaps [v1.3 final]

video of my Prato hotlaps with the Gvb [v1.3 final]
    video of my A1Ring hotlaps with the Gvb [v1.3 final]
    video of various hotlaps with the Vintage, Vintage Replica, Gvb and Osella [v1.3 final]
    video of my Nürburgring hotlaps with the Vintage Replica -rec. live- [v1.3 final]
    video of my Nordschleife laps (1,5 laps) with the Vintage Replica -rec. live- [v1.3 final]

*Youtube made the video quality even a bit worse somehow at this Spa-video, some artefacts there that I don't have in my org. uploaded video file, but it's
    still acceptable.
    Also I originally wanted the audio kept to wav (uncompressed), but I had to use MP3 for the audio in this case in order to stay still in the 2GB size-limit for this video file.

further replays:
    Hungaroring hotlaps [v1.3b]
    FVA hotlaps at Fiorano
    FVA at Fiorano, slower/average lap

Lime Rock qualy-hotlap [v1.3b]
    [just the 500 Abarth qualy-lap during the qualy of the 'all round series' event]

some replays back then with NKPro v1.2c:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Spa 2010 qualy-hotlap
    [hotlap during the last seasons event in its qualy, ..back then still with my old kind of imperfect setup]
    Brno hotlap
    [Brno hotlap, ..back then still with my old kind of imperfect setup]
    Monza hotlaps
    [three hotlaps, ..back then still with my old kind of imperfect setup]
    Barcelona hotlap
    [Circuit de Catalunya hotlap, ..back then still with my old kind of imperfect setup], ...and so on.

It might get boring in some cases to watch all the outlaps there in my videos, but I recorded them anyway quite often  Wink   Very Happy.

some nice Grand Prix 4 stuff, very 'old' / long time ago Wink:
    Monza hotlap
    Nürburgring
    Monte Carlo [Monaco]
    Hungaroring in 15 min. time limited qualy or free practice event (just one lap possible to do in this limit)
    Red Bull Ring (A1)
    Interlagos [Brazil]
    Suzuka
    Silverstone
    Indy (the cutting / going wide was allowed)
    Catalunya
    good old high speed Hockenheimring
    Imola
    Spa lap no.1 , Spa lap no.2

Last edited by M Waechter on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:53 pm; edited 21 times in total
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:18 am

I wanted to make a video of my pb of Monza 1:26.490, the lap on the rank, but noticed that I did not save the replay soon enough, so it got lost Sad,
    will perhaps try to repeat that laptime with my certain quali-setup -have only a 1:26.634 left now as replay- and do a short video again then (not 12 laps as @ Spa Smile, ..two will be enough).
    Mainly the only difference I notice now between Mika's and my laps is that he acts/fights quite more fast with his wheel and is a little bit more stable in his lines sometimes, because
    I tend to set up my suspension in a little oversteering way for the rear (stiffer slow bump & maybe also stiffer slow rebound as he uses) to get not in an understeer so easily.
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Monza is a good example what is wrong with KS2. Understeering around the corners is still the fastest way, even after changes from 1.3B.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:53 pm

henrizio wrote:Monza is a good example what is wrong with KS2. Understeering around the corners is still the fastest way, even after changes from 1.3B.
    you tend to run low wings at monza, meaning you have overall less grip through the corners. i dont know how much you play or understand car setups but actually the car is very difficult to drive due to the rear bump and rebound damping causing lift-off oversteer. setting the car up to understeer slightly reduces the chance of the rear end stepping out unexpectedly - a problem many people seem to be having at the moment.
    henrizio
    Driver
    Driver

Post by henrizio Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:51 pm

MikaRaymond wrote:you tend to run low wings at monza, meaning you have overall less grip through the corners. i dont know how much you play or understand car setups but actually the car is very difficult to drive due to the rear bump and rebound damping causing lift-off oversteer. setting the car up to understeer slightly reduces the chance of the rear end stepping out unexpectedly - a problem many people seem to be having at the moment.

Sorry for being unclear. In a short sum-up driving KS2 fast is still unrealistic and looks just ridiculously ugly. Rolling Eyes
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 am

henrizio wrote:Monza is a good example what is wrong with KS2. Understeering around the corners is still the fastest way, even after changes from 1.3B.

I did not want to say that Mika understeers more then me, he doesen't.., because he controls the car better, in a way that he drives more constant than me without understeering... -even with probably a suspension
    that would tend me to often to get a little understeer in the middle of corners.

So I use a little more stiff slow rebound and slow bump at the rear as Mika uses I guess (we talked about in game-chat), I think once you learned the behaviour you will be always sensible enough with the gas to
    not lose the rear anymore. It's also a matter of the rest of the setup, for me for example changing just the preload and rod setting but staying still at the same ride high of course changed much the way to
    drive the car: I used a quali-setup with less preload in order to be able to brake some meters later also, but for the race I needed a little more preload to not sliding in the ascari with used tires, so I made a
    'special' race setup with more preload and also more stiff fast rebound in the front to get the car more reactful in the ascari and first lesmo for example. That setup was slower with fresh tires than my quali-setup,
    but much more constant for doing a longrun/race, becasue it was not so dependent on the tire-condition.
    But that what I'm talking about is just finetuning on a already quite perfect kind of setup.
    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Waechter Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:56 am

I finally added a video of some of my Monza hotlaps [the very same setup used at all laps]:
    Monza laps

I also did some more and slightly quicker laptimes than this ones. My pb is 1:26.490 min., but I did not save the replay at time, so that pb lap-replay got lost, same as for some 1m26.61x laps.. .

laptimes
    --------
    [The funny kind at this video is that it contains 3x 1m26.583 min. laps, different laps but same laptime in the end.. Very Happy .]

1.) 1m26.583
    2.) 1m26.583
    (note about that second lap in the replay: until the last turn this lap was 2-3 tenth quicker than a 1m26.583..., I could see that at the live-time parometer on the wheel when driving that lap, but to not destroy
    the lap, I drove conservative and save in the parabolica -lifted throttle-, which took away the 2-3 tenth and it ended up in a 1m26.583 again.. .)
    3.) 1m26.583
    4.) 1m26.634
    5.) 1m26.637

first half of the video shows the replay car-cam, second part shows 'TV-cam'.
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 am

hi, could any of you guys share a setup for ks2?
    i really enjoy watching your laps, it's a pitty netkar pro doesn't have a proper replay system
    thanks in advance.
    Jon Denton
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Jon Denton Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Has anyone done any videos of Marina Bay?
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:38 pm

I'd rather no one did as there has been no word on permission yet & the track will remain unreleased until we do.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

Post by MikaRaymond Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 pm

i would have done but based on the reason above, i wont Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm