Radiator Springs Racing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Sim Racing netKar PRO

+2
MikaRaymond
Jamie Shorting
6 posters

Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar?

Jamie Shorting
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar? Empty Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar?

Post by Jamie Shorting Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am

Netkar has like 5 of the best sim racing cars I've ever driven but why are the servers empty? I tried iracing because of the $12 for 3 months only because I've heard about it for so long and because it's so popular and to be honest the physics are not very good. The star mazda slides all over the place like it doesn't even have wings and after checking thinking the tires would be smoking hot and they weren't. Shocked But there are races every two hours in that car Shocked I just don't get it.
    MikaRaymond
    MikaRaymond
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar? Empty Re: Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar?

Post by MikaRaymond Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:06 am

because netkar has 0 marketing. none. zilch Sad
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

netkar - Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar? Empty Re: Why aren't there more drivers on Netkar?

Post by Leonardo Ratafia Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:58 pm

and it's not as good as other online sims in some areas.
    Being such a great sim it should have similar amount of drivers as LFS, since LFS has been stuck in S2 for years now... but netkar pro just started a new beginning with this last version where collisions are much better so it's more enjoyable.
    i don't think LFS had more marketing... it's just came out very good out of the box. Maybe 2012 is the year of netkar pro Smile
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

LFS relies on word of mouth, same as nKPro. Only iRacing, ISI etc. can afford advertising. I think there are a few reasons why the numbers are so low. Firstly there's reputations to consider. I think Kunos alienated a lot of people when he went to work for a private company & left nKPro for over 2 years (there were still demo's & promotional releases in this time though). For those of us who are new(er) to the sim' this isn't an issue, but some people might still bare a grudge. I think we see this in the way people talk positively about iR (despite it having some real issues), LFS (despite it having some REAL issues Very Happy), & nKPro which people often seem to be on a downer about.

Another issue is that the community is so spread out over various websites, since the old RSC (which seemed to be the unofficial home of the English speakers) went. All that happened is an English section was created on Driving Italia, when really we needed a dedicated forum. On DI you still feel like a pervy foreigner, having to translate stuff so you know what's going on. There has been so many interesting applications of nKPro, & so much media that people would find really interesting.

For example the other night Mika in his daily search for anything Lewis Hamilton Wink found this:

Ok it's just a promotional ver. of nKPro (the F1 car included with that Singtel sim'), & we've seen it before in an F1 context, but this is a former F1 champion driving what's basically the same sim' we do (FYI I'm 2 secs faster than Lewis on that combo - but may have had a tad more practise Razz).
    Matej Lakota
    Matej Lakota
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Matej Lakota Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Well, netKar maybe needs something like BierBude sites and servers are, where members can practice and have races all day long (just look, how aged GTL is still alive on altbierbude.de). In my opinion, nKWorld (nkworld.net) was right step in right direction, but sadly disappeared after a couple of month.
    Darcy Callai Junior
    Driver
    Driver

Post by Darcy Callai Junior Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Time - The delay in development is a factor.
    Multiplayer - still at a level lower than the other simulators. Both in stability and amount of players online.
    Advertising - zero

GTRBrasil league I am part of management, all the love Netkas Pro, but the number of just 15 seats in multiplayer unfeasible. Today we have races to be broadcast live via the Internet, with over 1000 people watching. Where to put the staff of the transmission with only 15 places on the server?

Sorry for the English.
    M Carey
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

Post by M Carey Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:55 pm

SripleTix wrote:In my opinion, nKWorld (nkworld.net) was right step in right direction, but sadly disappeared after a couple of month.
    Cos nobody used it & it cost the guys a lot to run.

Darcy Callai Junior wrote:Where to put the staff of the transmission with only 15 places on the server?
    That's a point. I wonder why though there's a 16th grid slot that's never used, maybe Kunos could do something with this (make it a slot for broadcasts - I dunno Smile).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm