Online Sim Racing netKar PRO


    1.3 Final

    Share

    Wally Masterson
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2011-03-11

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Wally Masterson on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:56 am

    Christian Grzybofski wrote:
    Wally Masterson wrote:Did you try to restore any backed up car setups? I had similar problems until I deleted everything and did a clean install, and then only put back my own setup files into the setup folder (avoid copying cfg.ini, ts.nkts and nkdksetup.nkst) from your backed up setups.

    When i install the game i do what you telling me and everything works fine but after a restart of pc the problem appears again.

    I certainly didn't have to change video drivers or DirectX or anything like that.

    Have you tried a completely clean delete the old folders and then re-install (apply the auto-update patch) and then only put your driver and license files back, without changing anything else? Don't even change video options - just run it all default and see what happens.

    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 755
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Location : Germany

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by M Waechter on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:58 am

    @M Carey: great ! Smile you're really / quite fast with the 'new' KS2 and since you have a proper PC finally.
    avatar
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 1076
    Join date : 2010-04-20

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by M Carey on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:59 am

    Really? I still feel slow, it's just now when I plough into the barriers I can't blame my computer Razz

    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 755
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Location : Germany

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by M Waechter on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 am

    however.. Wink, I thought so, because your laptimes weren't bad as I recognized them while this evening racing sessions.
    avatar
    M Carey
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 1076
    Join date : 2010-04-20

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by M Carey on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:10 am

    My laptimes weren't bad cos I was holding up all the quicker guys Very Happy

    Olivier Boissel
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 88
    Join date : 2009-09-30
    Age : 52
    Location : France

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Olivier Boissel on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 am

    Hi all.

    Is there a way to hide the lap time during online racing (it's appear on the left of the screen) and the "Q" indication on the right of the screen (I don't know what mean the "Q")

    Thank's for help.

    Wally Masterson
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2011-03-11

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Wally Masterson on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:11 pm

    Olivier Boissel wrote:Hi all.

    Is there a way to hide the lap time during online racing (it's appear on the left of the screen) and the "Q" indication on the right of the screen (I don't know what mean the "Q")

    Thank's for help.

    Q indicator: Kunos says "the system is signaling that the connection between you and the server is not very good. This might be a problem in the server itself (you should ask if the other people in the race have the same message) or just to your single connection. Having low quality means you cannot expect a 100% smooth experience, and, at the same time, you can't expect other drivers to see your car smooth... so be extra careful when driving close to somebody else.

    If the problem is in the server you get rid of it by changing server.. if you have it constantly then your internet connection is really lossy and you should check with your ISP
    ."

    Olivier Boissel
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 88
    Join date : 2009-09-30
    Age : 52
    Location : France

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Olivier Boissel on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 pm

    Thank you for the precision Wally.

    So, ok for the "Q Indicator" ; have you got an idea about the lap time (how to hide it) ?

    Thank you.
    avatar
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:25 pm

    check in the cfg folder (can be in both documents and installation folder). there are some ini files. just check it there. you might find what you need. Do some experiement and in case you find something interesting, let us know.


    _________________
     

    Olivier Boissel
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 88
    Join date : 2009-09-30
    Age : 52
    Location : France

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Olivier Boissel on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:15 pm

    I will check that .....

    Thank you for help.

    [edit]
    There is a file called "overlays.ini" in the c:\nkpro13\cfg folder but this is for the windows chat and rank banner on the top of the screen.


    Last edited by Olivier Boissel on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 269
    Join date : 2010-10-02
    Age : 50
    Location : wales

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by paul thomas on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

    Any other fanetec uses finding with the f2000 and target that the ffgain wont go low enough to stop force feedback clipping??
    Only goes down to 500 while the KS2 will go down to 100. Dont suppose Kunos could change the lower limit??? Pleassse!!
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Fernando Zart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:32 pm

    Hi guys, has anyone set the new AIM lights limit so far? I was using custom limits (aim.ini), but new version changed everything again... just asking b4 doing it myself (avoid to reinvent the wheel) Smile
    Edit: I mean AIM lights for F2000, Ftarget, KS2, etc...

    paul thomas
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 269
    Join date : 2010-10-02
    Age : 50
    Location : wales

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by paul thomas on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:52 pm

    I just done a race with the ftarget with ffgain set to 500 after 5 laps my wheel started cutting out had to turn the strength down on the wheel to stop my wheel from overheating.
    avatar
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2011-06-30

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Christian Grzybofski on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 pm

    Wally Masterson wrote:
    Christian Grzybofski wrote:
    Wally Masterson wrote:Did you try to restore any backed up car setups? I had similar problems until I deleted everything and did a clean install, and then only put back my own setup files into the setup folder (avoid copying cfg.ini, ts.nkts and nkdksetup.nkst) from your backed up setups.

    When i install the game i do what you telling me and everything works fine but after a restart of pc the problem appears again.

    I certainly didn't have to change video drivers or DirectX or anything like that.

    Have you tried a completely clean delete the old folders and then re-install (apply the auto-update patch) and then only put your driver and license files back, without changing anything else? Don't even change video options - just run it all default and see what happens.

    When i do a clean install and applying only the driver and the licence everything is going fine..I think that i find the source of the problem,when i apply an old setup on abarth or 1600/1800 then the problem appears..
    avatar
    giancarlo graziano
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 5882
    Join date : 2009-05-11
    Age : 47
    Location : Berlin

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by giancarlo graziano on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm

    fiuuuuuuuuuuu end of panic...
    great... ::wave::


    _________________

    http://www.radiators-champ.com/  

           
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Fernando Zart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:45 pm

    Christian Grzybofski wrote:When i do a clean install and applying only the driver and the licence everything is going fine..I think that i find the source of the problem,when i apply an old setup on abarth or 1600/1800 then the problem appears..

    Christian, I was having the same issue, but in my case it was related not to the setups, but to the AMD video card settings (ATI), as I was using ReadonPro to set details like Anisotropic, AA filters, etc. Turned out that I have to activate the "Force agressive API detection level" option on RadeonPro to solve this (or simply don't use it). And yes, strange as it seems, it only occurred when trying to drive Abarth or the F1600/F1800.
    avatar
    Andrea Lojelo
    ---
    ---

    Posts : 12576
    Join date : 2009-04-26
    Age : 38
    Location : Den Haag

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Andrea Lojelo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm

    good to hear. I will report that to Kunos, that was driving crazy to understand what could be the issue there!


    _________________
     

    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 755
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Location : Germany

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by M Waechter on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:36 pm

    Fernando Zart wrote:Hi guys, has anyone set the new AIM lights limit so far? I was using custom limits (aim.ini), but new version changed everything again... just asking b4 doing it myself (avoid to reinvent the wheel) Smile
    Edit: I mean AIM lights for F2000, Ftarget, KS2, etc...

    These ini files are located still in the same place as before and did not change, look at your root-install folder -for example: nkpro13/cars/f1800/setup/aim.ini
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Fernando Zart on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 pm

    M Waechter wrote:These ini files are located still in the same place as before and did not change, look at your root-install folder -for example: nkpro13/cars/f1800/setup/aim.ini

    Yes, I'm aware of that. Was referring to the actual "values" inside the .ini... old values (tweaked) don't seems to work anymore. And the default ones are wrong, as the lights start to blink much sooner than the rev limit is hit.

    M Waechter
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 755
    Join date : 2010-08-16
    Location : Germany

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by M Waechter on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:07 pm

    ah ok, you meant the values.. . but also when lights flashing earlier than the rev limit is, it's not an disadvantage for some cars,
    the F1800 has most PS only until 5700 RPM above that the acceleration gets suddenly less with this car, so I set the 5th light to 5700 [F1600 to 5000 RPM] to shift earlier at the 'best' RPM.
    I think with the F2000 it's the opposite, there you need to set a slightly higher value for the last light -6500 RPM- than it is in the default file.

    But I only refer to an older "nKPro - Horsepower and torque curves.pdf" file based on v1.1, so I don't know if even the engines power and behaviour have changed a bit in the later versions -but it don't seems so,
    car-physics and aero-physics changed with every realease but the engines stayed the same I guess.
    Would be nice to have such ps-, etc. curves for the new version(s) of NKPro including all the new cars, anybody know how to create such ? via telemetry ? I did not used telemetry so far.. .

    ale paccosi
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2011-03-31

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by ale paccosi on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:36 pm

    Scusate ragazzi avrei bisogno di un aiuto:ho aperto oggi nk-pro e mi è partito in automatico un update (molto rapido) finito ciò il menù oltre ad esser cambiato come grafica per i "pulsanti",ha praticamente solo uno sfondo grigio...inoltre se provo "pratica" le immagini di selezione vettura sono completamente sgranate,addirittura non mi visualizza la pista da scegliere ma solo l'immagine "upscalata" della vettura...se provo online tutta la grafica mi sembra diversa ovvero una risoluzione sballata...ho controllato nel menu setting ma è rimasto tutto come prima...come posso sistemare?

    ale paccosi
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2011-03-31

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by ale paccosi on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 pm

    risolto:bastava aggiornare il gioco alla v1.3..scusate!
    avatar
    Leonardo Ratafia
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2010-04-18
    Age : 39
    Location : Montevideo - Uruguay

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Leonardo Ratafia on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 am

    I have this problem in the replays, in the onboard cameras (pressing F2) the sound start.wav is looping in the background for no reason.
    I did a fresh instalation, even deleted the netkar pro folder in my documents and started the sim as a demo, did a lap, saved the replay and played it back, and there's the sound trying to start the car only when any onboard camera is selected.
    I have a 5.1 speakers setup, if that helps and during the game it doesn't make this noise in the onboard cameras, only in the replays.
    If someone knows how to fix it, i would really apreciate it. It happened to some other guy too.


    Just checked and it also happens with my other PC which has different motherboard, video card, 2 speakers is set. Really don't know how to fix it, I use Windows Xp 32 bit SP3 in both.
    avatar
    Christian Grzybofski
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2011-06-30

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Christian Grzybofski on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:01 am

    Fernando Zart wrote:Christian, I was having the same issue, but in my case it was related not to the setups, but to the AMD video card settings (ATI), as I was using ReadonPro to set details like Anisotropic, AA filters, etc. Turned out that I have to activate the "Force agressive API detection level" option on RadeonPro to solve this (or simply don't use it). And yes, strange as it seems, it only occurred when trying to drive Abarth or the F1600/F1800.

    Its not the setups,i tryed to install the game without putting my old setups and the problem appeared again.I dont use amd video card so....i dont know where is the problem.I think i must quit this game,i cant find solution.
    avatar
    Fernando Zart
    Driver
    Driver

    Posts : 94
    Join date : 2010-11-06
    Age : 48
    Location : Brasil

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Fernando Zart on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:30 am

    Christian Grzybofski wrote:Its not the setups,i tryed to install the game without putting my old setups and the problem appeared again.I dont use amd video card so....i dont know where is the problem.I think i must quit this game,i cant find solution.

    First thing I would try is to reset the video drivers to bare minimum, i.e., use multisampling AA and no forced AF. Nothing "extra" selected, be it nVidia or AMD. Then run the game and see if it happens. Also, try to run the game without antivirus or other softwares on background. It is not a question of performance, but to be sure that nothing is messing with the code.
    Then, if the game runs, try to enable one thing at a time, and see what happens. Takes time, but you'll sort it out eventually. Good luck.

    Sponsored content

    Re: 1.3 Final

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 pm